Southall ਸਾਊਥਾਲ Signage On Gwe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jamesbaby286, Dec 8, 2020.

1. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Southall is one of the very few stations in the UK to feature signage in a language other than English. Punjabi is added to all the station name signage at Southall as a unique feature recognising the culture of the local population. Currently in GWE the signage for Southall is like any other station along the line.

In real life:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In game:
    20201208132643_1.jpg

This is a kind of detail that would be really cool for people to discover while exploring. It seems like a simple enough task to modify the existing texture to both represent reality and add variety.
    There is currently a mod for TSW2020 that swaps the texture out (it hasn't been updated for TSW2). It ideally shouldn't be a thing people need to know, seek out, and install themselves though.
    (I didn't even know it was a thing until I was reading about the French signage on High Speed 1)

[​IMG]

I do recognise its not a huge or consequential issue at all but I hope that one day if GWE is being worked on for whatever reason (be it to layer or substitute in a new loco, or to add PIS, etc.) that someone is able to slip in this quick surprise.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I know this is bumping a very old thread, but with GWE being addressed by the preservation crew right now; Hopefully it's not too late to bring this up again.
    Especially since the mod hasn't been updated to TSW2. So obviously the best thing would be to see it added by the preservation crew.