Just Trains Western Mainlines And Extensions ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chacal#2181, Jun 8, 2022.

1. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I have just bought JT Western mainlines with both extensions avaible during sales (Cornish and South Devon).
    For some reasons in TS i have also the scenarios from the other two extensions that i dont own, and more curiously it seems i have also the scenery and décors of the extension up to Paington...

Did i get it for free for some reasons ? Or am i missing something ? (I tried one of the Paington scenarios and it seems to work)

2. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

You didn't buy the "complete extensions" pack in error ?

3. chacal#2181

No, i took only what was on sale. And If it was the complete extension i would have also the Bicester extension...
    By the way i have documentation for only the 2 extensions that i installed and main western mainline file.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  4. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

I have no idea then sorry.

5. chacal#2181

I ll try to get in contact with JT, but their forum seems dead. Thanks anyway IsambardKingdomBrunel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Hi There,
    I've had Western Mainlines and the SD and CML extensions but have never checked this myself. Can confirm I also have the texture for Paignton and the Oxford-Bicester lines.
    Can't look a gift horse in the mouth!

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

When I got the extensions pack, each extension came delivered on its own. Check your DLC for the others just in case.

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

It's because JT have a pretty messy way of distributing their shared files. Unlike DTG, who have a clean modular approach, distinguishing between packages and apps.

The SWEX installed an empty Mk1CoachAssets.ap even though these coaches are not used on this route, and killed my Kyle Line coaches this way. This has been adressed, also the CommonLibrary has been unified for all routes and single-filed in the Steam distro. But JT need to do more.

Really depends what JT stuff you have in which combination and installation order. Some constellations work fine - some crash. Fixing is always possible with a bit of knowledge, by cleaning up the asset folder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2022
  9. chacal#2181

In fact i cant complain. The biggest problem are scenarios apparing for Oxford Bichester extension that is not present, but they are identifiable with the [OB] prefix.
    It seems that i get the Paington extension maybe due to assets given by other JT product I own and maybe some things are missing but i have not seen anything shocking. Good to go anyway !
    Thanks all for your help.

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Don't use their forums - use their system to contact Support

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

did the assets shown up only in the railworks directory or in the route itself. Honestly, when the scenery is inluded in the route itself without buying additionally, why contacting support? :D Otherwise when something is missing and you have buyed it - okay.
    But as telled before, seems it is the way how Just Trains manage their routes: With the main route all assets will be installled, but until you have the extension, they will not shown up in the driving.

12. chacal#2181

It shows in the route. I' fact i played à scenario flawlesly and If there are missing assets i have seen none. But Just as you pointe d its maybe the combiantion of other Just train routes that made them avaiable for this particular extension. On the other hand on the OB extension i have tracks, some buildings but the route is globally empty.
    I want an answer Just by curiosity, i want to understand but with all your help i think its pretty clear now. Thanks.:D

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I've been researching this. At least ten routes are known to have used the Common Library assets, and the Midland Main Line seems to also use those assets (though the original route doesn't seem to bundle the separate app while Derby-Nottingham-Leicester does; see here).

So while not all routes that use the Common Library currently have it bundled, the list on that link presently includes:
    • Frankfurt U-Bahn
    • The Kyle Line: Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh
    • ECML North: Newcastle - Edinburgh
    • Chiltern Main Line: London - Birmingham
    • Metropolitan Line: Aldgate - Uxbridge & Amersham
    • Midland Main Line: Leicester - Derby & Nottingham
    • South Devon Main Line: Highbridge and Burnham - Plymouth
    • Southwestern Expressways: Reading - Exeter
    There will likely be others converted, as I know Cornish Main Line uses them (both the old branded and the unbranded version in different ways) as do London-Aylesbury and Sheffield to Derby, and even the old SWE route. So while these last examples do not have everything due to not packaging everything from the separate app, the ones in the above list will all work interchangeably in terms of giving you the Common Library AP file while the ones with Sheffield-Derby, for instance, are possibly included as separate files (which you can certainly delete in favour of using the AP file as no unique files are included in the package).