Vr/oculus

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NJT Railfan, Mar 28, 2018.

1. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

This would be a really cool feature in Train Sim World, you would need a monster PC though, but you would be able to really feel the detail with that. Oculus support is in Railworks, so they can add it in this if capable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bookman60

Bookman60 New Member

I also would like to know why we don't have VR support for this game. One doesn't need that "monster" a computer either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Giacomo Giugiaro

Giacomo Giugiaro Member

VR should be possible and software like TSW are excellent for this kind of implementation, since the player can have a very excellent experience without having to move so much.

atm Steam has registered that the market share for Oculus and Vive are pretty much 50/50, with Windows Mixed Reality steadily growing. I think WMR will eventually become preferred in the future due to how blatantly easy it is to setup a WMR HMD. It's basically plug-and-play, and usable anywhere.

There's also the PSVR for those who play TSW on the PlayStation.

Epic Games has launched plugins for Unreal Engine 4 for VR support. Last patch that I know added support for WMR.

X-Plane 11 has support for VR on Oculus, Vive and WMR, and the reviews of the implementation have been very positive. I think it wouldn't be that different with TSW.

• Like Like x 1