Discounts On Psn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello Friends, good morning.

There are some small discounts available on PSN, take advantage of them if you want.

- Locos:
    -50% off: BR Class 313 EMU
    -50% off: BR Class 465 EMU
    -60% off: DB BR 155
    -60% off: DB BR 204
    -60% off: DB BR 182

Lines:
    50% off: Canadian National Oak
    50% off: LGV Méditerranée
    50% off: Long Island Rail Road
    50% off: Boston Sprinter
    50% off: Sherman Hill
    50% off: Rapid Transit
    50% off: Main Spessart Bahn
    50% off: Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lubeck
    50% off: Southeastern High Speed

Note: PSN subscribers get an additional 5% off.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

There is still one left on that list I want: Rapid Transit. But not buying it, even on sale. Bought already enough routes on sale that I never play waiting, for the Preservation update

• Like Like x 3
  3. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I have just finally taken the plunge and bought The LGV route. I held off as only one high speed train but as there is no other French content was intrigued and I have everything else that is currently in the sale, but like others I am awaiting the remaining PC updates before buying any more full price content.

• Like Like x 1
  4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up but I got it all.
    I would have bought the Harlem and Luzern-Sursee line with only a measly 20% discount but the money will still be in my pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tcmikaelsouza

I'm also looking forward to Harlem Line and Tharandter Rampe, but there was no discount this time... I hope that when it comes there will be at least a 25% 30% discount.

6. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

Out of curiosity, does the 465 carryover to any other English routes?

7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Nope just subs into BML as AI only

• Like Like x 1
  8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Of course, we just have to be patient and it will be rewarded with a good discount.
    Anyway, if a route appeals to me enough I buy it at full price, for example the Tharandter Rampe that you mentioned I bought it on the day of departure, and I don't regret it because it is a route that I like very much and that I have enjoyed for many hours. Just for the BR 612 and the great work Maik Goltz did with it, in my opinion it is worth the price.

9. tcmikaelsouza

I understand, I always wait for a promotion, because one of my biggest traumas was getting LIRR full price on a Tuesday, and on Thursday it started to have a 50% discount...
    Then the only time I got a DLC for full price (not so much) was Rush Hour, which I got via season pass, which in itself was a good price and I still got 10% off PS Plus, so it helped a lot , the way is to be patient, because a route for 160 BRL is a salty price here in Brazil.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

It's true, this photo at normal price, even with the PSPlus discount, would be a small fortune on all countris of this world.

Attached Files:

11. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

That’s too bad. But my brief experience in southeastern high speed has been very lovely so far.

With the small exception of my inability to recover the 395 from an emergency stop.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

And?????? Waht do you mean????

13. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

I sped slowing down at the end of the tunnel, got an alarm and couldn't figure out how to turn it off.

I will redo the tutorial tonight.

I also discovered one of the buttons on the 465 shuts off the train completely.

Overall, a good night for disabling virtual trains.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tcmikaelsouza

Hello budy, how are you?

To release the emergency brake (B11 on the lever), I hold R1 for a few seconds and then it goes back to B10 and the frame goes from red to white, releasing the emergency brake.

I hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

Hi all,

One question, if I buy the Class 465 can it be used on the Southeastern High Speed route?

16. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

@paullossj4 yes

• Like Like x 1
  17. tcmikaelsouza

Friend, BR Class 465 is a loco add-on for Southeastern High Speed, you can only play it on this route, or if you are playing in the new generation, see it circulating in London Commuter with IA, without being able to play -there.

In addition, you can play with the player scenario, where you can use the "Off the tracks" function to run it on any route.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated!
    Unfortunately, none of the routes on my to-do-list are on sale:
    • Luzern-Sursee
    • Harlem Line
    • Baby Bullet Loco DLC
    As soon as any of those are discounted by at least 20%, I’m going to buy them! Very interested and excited, but just not willing to play full price.

19. tcmikaelsouza

Hello Friends, good morning.

There are some small discounts available on PSN, take advantage of them if you want:

- Lines:
    50% off:
    Carhcard Circle Line
    50% off: Nahverkehr Desden
    50% off: Haupststrecke München
    20% off: Harlen Line

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

I'm stuck between Cathcart and Harlem. I know Cathcart is made well and the price is right but Harlem has two trains included. Anyone that has both, which would you suggest?

21. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I have Cathcart and LIRR.

Cathcart is a nice route despite the fact that there is only one train. It is nicely made and the Class 314 is modeled well. There are a few glitches in the scenarios, but that is nothing too unusual.

Was considering buying Harlem but the LIRR experience put me off (not so many services, rather boring routes and scenery).

It is a pity that S-Bahn Luzern is not discounted. Otherwise I would have given it a try maybe.

Of course, this is all personal opinion and not representative.

• Like Like x 2
  22. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Considering the different discounts (50% on Cathcart vs. 20% on Harlem), I‘d definitely go with Cathcart here. It‘s a lovely route with different services, a great train and amazing scenery. I’m staying away from Harlem for now (unless it’s heavily discounted) because a bug preventing multiple services from being finished has still not been fixed. I keep reading about players getting stuck due to problematic AI train pathing.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tcmikaelsouza

I bought Cathcart Circle Line in the last sale, I didn't regret it, it's a very nice line, when it comes to travel, you have at least three main routes, a circular one (clockwise and anti-clockwise), a route to Newton and another one for Neilston, the only thing I didn't really like was the lighting at night which is terrible (unfortunately worse than most), and only a model train that apparently only provides services with 3 cars (I didn't see services with 2 trains 6 wagons).

As for the Harlem Line, I couldn't resist the temptation and bought it, but I found the discount small, considering most of the discounts that have been coming lately, but it's still a recent line, so only 20% off, but it seems to be a line cool, with the Aduas locos M7A and M3A, models very similar to the LIRR that I always liked to drive, I hope they fix the bugs of Harlem and LIRR soon to enjoy the expedition more.

Munich - Augsburg NO COMMENTS, it's an excellent line, mixing ICE and s-bahn services, if you don't have it, I highly recommend it!!!

Nahverkehr Dresden is an excellent line, but with many flaws, crashes mainly coming from Riesa and going to Dresden, in the vicinity of Dresden-Mitte and Dresden-Hbf, if they fix these main bugs and crashes, the line will be perfect!

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  24. The_Drunken_Engineer

Thank you, good point. I'll wait for a better discount or until it gets fixed. Hopefully it's soon because it looks fun and has nice trains.
    Thank you. As much as I'd like Harlem, I have a ps4 pro so the line will most likely seem deserted for NYC especially.

I couldn't agree more! I don't even play the other ICE route included in the game any more but that BR 423 is such an awesome train. So quick to accelerate and stop and that route has a bunch of stations pretty close so you're not often sitting around doing nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  25. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Nahverkehr Dresden is my favourite German DLC, my tip for avoiding crashes is to just take it slow, 50km/h when you get to Dresden Neustadt station & continue to the end! This is for me is a very enjoyable route as the freight is imo excellent & there is an actual yard you can work out of (Roderau) & there is either the main local route to be pathed down or the main line (avoiding line) & to top it off there is a branch off to Meißen!

26. tcmikaelsouza

Boy, what a good tip, I'll try it to see if it works, it's sacred that I arrive in Dresden Neustadt, Mitte and Hbf and come across a crash.

27. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I think the crashes are down to the huge level of detail, I think slowing down allows the PlayStation to handle all the objects being loaded in/out without falling over.

28. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

It would be a nice workaround. Unfortunately I got also crashes LEAVING Dresden Hbf at 30km/h always in the region of Dresden-Mitte to Neustadt. 2 min play and BOOOOOOM. Quite the pain ´n the ass.

29. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Something I do to avoid crashes when arriving at Dresden Hbf: Look down! If you only see the inside of your cab, the PlayStation doesn’t have to load most of the scenery, preventing crashes. I usually save my game at Neustadt (so no progress is lost if a crash happens). And then look down once I depart from the next station (Mitte I believe). You can usually look up again upon arriving at Freiberger Straße (the station between Mitte and Hbf).

30. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Ah sorry it doesn't work for you!

31. tcmikaelsouza

Hello, I also keep saving the game before Dresden Neustadt / Mitte, to avoid losing all my progress, I will try to do that too, look down and go slow, I remember right when I bought this DLC, the first time I went exploring the Dresden area with the external camera, the game crashed, and always crashes in this vicinity, looking inside and outside the train.

Thanks friends for the guidelines, I'll try them, but I also hope that DTG takes steps to correct these flaws.

I also noticed that the new schedule of times of Colonia, around the deposit the game has also presented crashes...

• Like Like x 1
  32. tcmikaelsouza

Hello friend, good afternoon. I was looking forward to testing your recommendation and guess what, IT DIDN'T WORK. hahahaha...

I was doing a Riesa Freight service to Dresden Hbf, since before the Dresden Neustadt curve I was reducing from 80km/h to 45km/h (even below your recommendation), when I passed Dresden Mitte, a few seconds later the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH hahaha... but as I had saved meters before, I recharged and managed to finish the job.

Definitely the DTG needs to do something about the game crashes, the trains stuck in the middle of the way at the beginning of the Ramal to Meissen, among other problems with this route, which is beautiful and amazing, but full of errors...

• Like Like x 1
  33. The_Drunken_Engineer

Thanks again, guys! The Cathcart Circle DLC is an absolute cracker. This route just has such soul. I love how the train has a working guards key switch, really helps immersion when you can open the door and look out and hit a button on the wall to close the doors, among other cool features replicated in the train. Only one train but I'm fine with that as it was done so well. It's just the most comfy route and I can see why so many here rate it so highly. Pure soul.

• Like Like x 5
  34. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

I’m waiting on the 33 and 52 now and the extra loco for sandpatch to come back on sale

35. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

The loco for sandpatch is on sale its 40% off and 45% off if you have ps plus.

• Like Like x 1
  36. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

Brill ty

37. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

The playstation store summer sale has started.

Highlights are:

80% off: LGV Méditerranée
    80% off Munich-Augsberg
    80% off Cathcart Circle Line

There are lots of other DLC on sale at smaller discounts.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Thanks for highlighting this. I'm glad to see that the ridiculous ECW discount was not just an isolated thing. LGV was never worth it to me as I'd just get it for the novelty without using it too much but I'll probably take it along for just 6€. Lots of other games have huge discounts as well for anyone interested.

• Like Like x 1
  39. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yeah… this is possibly the biggest TSW2 sale on PlayStation I’ve ever seen!
    Like 70-80% of all Add-Ons are discounted, most of them by 60% or more. Some DLCs on my bucket list (Baby Bullet, Tees Valley Line, BR182) are thankfully part of the sale. :D

40. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

WCL, £13.74, is it worth it? I do fancy a go in the 37 that comes with it!

• Like Like x 1
  41. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Do you do not have crashes also when arriving to Munich Hbf?

I am asking it, due to I have the ones on Dresden, but there too.
    The only ones I "suffer" on all routes I have.

42. Lamplight

I have to say that I’m somewhat disappointed that the New Journeys pack hasn’t shown up in a sale yet. The new timetable for SKA is exciting but I’m unwilling to pay full price for it (given the sloppy job they did of converting the 423).

• Like Like x 2
  43. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are lots of things that have been discounted for PC players that haven’t yet been discounted on console. The newest route that I don’t have that has a discount this time is Cane Creek. That’s a year old DLC. It’s not near the top of my ever growing wishlist but I may get it for something new to do while waiting for the newer routes to come up in a sale. I’m not sure I want to buy any of the expansion packs at full price but I might cave in and get New Journeys for the SKA timetable just because it exists. I’m expecting there may be a Rush Hour style bargain bundle coming for TSW3 to ease my concerns about wanting lots of new stuff but not wanting to spend all my available money. T Ramp, H Line and H Curve are bound to come up in a sale eventually, as well as Rivet’s last two offerings. I’ll just have to wait a bit longer of I want them a bit cheaper. I have a feeling that once the DLC limit is lifted on PS5 I could go mad and buy everything I don’t have in a reckless move though. That DLC limit is helping me restrain myself :D

• Like Like x 3
  44. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Expansion Pack and T Rampe are the ones I‘m still waiting for, Most of the big discounts I‘ve already played or don‘t want them

• Like Like x 1
  45. tcmikaelsouza

T Rampe it's 25% off on PSN, although I still think it's a high price, I bought it because I was looking forward to this route, it's very interesting and well done, I didn't see as many bugs as I saw in N Dresden. Harlem Line I bought it at the last sale, with 20%, honestly, although I loved the route, I regretted it, because the discount was not very big and this route is full of bugs...

46. grdaniel48

I bought it from launch, after seeing the video streaming.
    It is very interesting and have unique trains, and if you owns other German routs, the experience is complete.

Nice discounts now on PS4!
    I noticed Cane Creek it has 45% one.
    Is that route worth it for such price?
    What about Horshecurve with "just" 25% one?

47. Lamplight

I think you should approach it this way: Is the scenery alone worth the price to you? Cane Creek looks gorgeous, even on PS4 (I haven’t actually played it on PS5 yet). Apart from that, it doesn’t offer much. The services are hardly interesting - just two service patterns repeated over the day. The locos are nothing to write home about either, they’re just the SPG versions made somewhat worse due to Skyhook introducing new issues on top of the existing ones from SPG.

• Like Like x 1
  48. grdaniel48

Thanks for your comment.
    Yes I know most of the "value" of the route is the scenery.
    Really beautiful and quite unique!

Furthermore for me to have the AC4400 with the "normal" trucks and in UP colors.
    I have SH route to, so I can use it there too.

The negative is the low speed, and just one track route.
    So no much you can do, creating your own interesting scenarios, as I do.

May be I will have to wait for larger discount to get it, to be really worth it?

• Like Like x 1
  49. Lamplight

Might be the most sensible option. If Cane Creek had an 80% like some other routes, I’d say it’s a no-brainer, but with 45%, I don’t know. Depends on how much you want the scenery and the high-ad trucks AC44.

50. grdaniel48

I am not hurry for it at all!
    So I will spend some money on other ones.

What about the TGV one?