Db Br 187 Update Planned?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shamanspark, Nov 17, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

As Adam said on the roadmap stream, the fixes for the BR 187 are now waiting for a release slot, so I guess it shouldnt be that far off.

2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd expect it some time by Julember 44th

• Like Like x 4
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Highly doubt

4. doublefine7

Redrev, can you please stop bogging me with your negativity? If you dont have anything valuable to add to a conversation, just be quiet.

• Like Like x 3
  5. redrev1917

There's an ignore button if youd like to use it. Hard to be positive right now

• Like Like x 3
  6. doublefine7

Well if you cant be positive, than just dont say anything instead of pulling others into it. And dont use the "ignore me"-excuse just to justify your bogging on me.

7. redrev1917

Don't take it personally I'm only here to see if support have had chance to review my crash reports and provide some help so I can play the darn game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. doublefine7

Well, in that case write a ticket. And just out of curiosity: Are these crashes with an Unreal Engine Error called "Retry was NOT successfull"? In that case verify game files. If you have mods installed, take them out.

9. redrev1917

Thanks for trying to help, but its "Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" and Ive no mods installed and Ive verified my game files numerous times :( and Ive written tickets including crash logs)

• Like Like x 1
  10. doublefine7

Thats weird. I hope you get this fixed with the help of the support because having regular crashes like that are REALLY strange.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I did buy this at the time it was new. After testing it for about 10min, or so, I got it refunded.

As far as I am aware it is still in this very state! I don’t think there was a single update to it, however, quite a lot of promises…

• Like Like x 2
  12. redrev1917

Its not been updated, but actually on other routes where LZB isnt active providing you dont use AFB it isnt nearly anything like as bad as the reviews make out. But then I arent familiar with the real life trains so the sounds arent as important to me as they might be to others.

For me it was a strange decision to make SKA its home route at close to the last minute.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CowBoyWolf

It has always been SKA as it's home route

14. redrev1917

That wasnt the original plan - originally it was for RRO as this road map shows, I cant recall when it switched, in my head it was fairly late on, but I've proved myself wrong as the road maps from June onwards show SKA, and tbh I cant be bothered looking through every road map to check for a definitive answer.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...641.790759600.1654248281-287672727.1634411828

15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

If they were to fix this train fully, I may get it...If it has a deep discount.

I am glad that this product has very negative reviews. It kinda reflects a change in the industry as a whole that players will not tolerate buggy products. Skyhook probably thought they would get away with this but I am glad they didn't

• Like Like x 2
  16. CowBoyWolf

Well if i remember correctly i think i heard it from an roadmap stream where they said the 187 was always suppose to be for SKA

• Like Like x 1
  17. redrev1917

I've no reason to disbelieve you and it wouldn't be the first time we've had contradicting communication from DTG, perhaps it was just an error on the road map which went unnoticed for a while or a break down in communication between SHG & DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  18. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Apart from all the already mentioned big issues of the BR 187 - which I have also done! - I would like to comment 2 other things about the locomotive, to put in your consideration about it:

1) The dirty area of the upper part of the front windows, with the form created by the wipers.
    Why I mentioned this?
    - Because I believe, this is the only locomotive with this feature.
    - The front window is partly dirty, but the rest of the locomotive looks clean. So it has not sense.
    (Despite DTG always provide some little dirt to all trains, which is right)
    - Finally (personal one) I prefer to have it clean, like the other locomotives.

TSW2 - BR187 - DIRTY WINDSHIELD.JPG

2) I have noticed there is quite different "clarity effect" from inside the cab (darker), than the outside view!
    I mean from the cab, the external world, looks too dark, comparing with the outside view.

TSW2 - FROM CAB.JPG
    TSW2 - FROM OUTSIDE.JPG
    As you can see from outside the world is much clear!

I believe this 2 things might be fixed too.
    Of course after fixing the main issues we all know.

What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  19. redrev1917

Personally I like the dirty windows, regarding your 2nd point I'm in agreement unless the 187 has tinted windows IRL in which case keep it how it is.

• Like Like x 1
  20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I was always curious about this dlc but held off due to it being worse than the class 150 debacle

• Like Like x 1
  21. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i like the dirty windows on this train but this loco should never be released that way with this problems from lzb to afb and the sound errors.
    its only acceptable with the mods but that cant be the solution.
    so i hope for a good update.

22. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Did not know, this locomotive it has tinted windows.
    But so tinted?!...
    Thanks Redrev.

23. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Is there an update soon for this regarding sound and physics? Not heard alot since and little information being passed about..

• Like Like x 2
  24. 5cip

5cip Active Member

while in this thread i have a question about the BR 187 ...i cant open passenger doors while i choose a service for example on the DRA route..nothing happens so why in the cab there is a door switch when i cant open them or do i miss something like a function to activate the doors from the dostos to the loco ?

25. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Update when?

26. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is bad. The problem with this type of issues is that it may well be caused a a bad combination of your computer and the game. Access violation means that the game tries to access memory outside the allocated memory. It's a kind of bottom line defence of your operating system to avoid being corrupted.

These issues are hard to solve. If you did not do that, make sure to have Windows fully updated and to use the latest drivers for your graphics card. If DTG analyses your crash files and they cannot find anything it is unlikely they will be able to help you.

27. 5cip

5cip Active Member

redrev1917 what also can produce such an error is if you use windows defender as a av solution but only if you changed some settings prior like exploits or maybe with a second tool like windows hardener....or to shortcut this = if you using any kind of av please uninstall it properly or reset the windows defender complete to see if the error occurs from this direction.
    and also a wrong firewall setting can produce such an error so reset the fw too.
    i had this problem years ago and for me it was the windows firewall if i remember right.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Also still waiting for an update. What I don't exactly understand is that supposedly the update was ready (or is ready) and was just waiting for a release slot. Well, since I've heard about that there have been two updates to TSW2 already and nothing regarding the 187 released. So, while that might be as it is I don't exactly understand why you wouldn't try to shove the update for the 187 inbetween? I mean it kinda is an important update after all, at least for the people who own the loco. Or is the problem with steam, microsoft and so on that updates are uploaded like months in advance and after they're uploaded you can't change anything? Although I can't imagine that it'd be plausible. Either way I think it got too quiet again...

• Like Like x 3
  29. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I think, and I know this is some kind of DTG "cat logic", there will be an update for the 187 when there is an update for SKA. I might be wrong but that's how the loco updates of the past were rolled out (with the route update the loco is "bound to"), weren't they?

• Like Like x 1
  30. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

You could be onto something here. Didn't we have a SKA update funnily enough since the 187 was released that kind of introduced the PIS or something like that? But yeah, you could be right. Might just be a few more years then until its finally fixed haha

• Like Like x 1
  31. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes I think there has been an update to SKA around when the Expansion pack released that added PIS.