Haupstrecke Rhine Ruhr Dortmund Expanison

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Jun 9, 2022.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

If dlc expansion on routes like on TS Classic ever become a TSW2 thing, then an expansion on HRR to Dortmund is perfect, and it’s reasonable length. I mapped it out on Google earth. upload_2022-6-8_22-20-46.jpeg
    The total length is 33.1 miles via the regional section on the og route and the freight section on the expansion (yes it has another split). Considering s Bahn services do go to Dortmund it certainly could be a good extension.

• Like Like x 12
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but you did not make it busy since you have the massive Bochum Langendreer Junction. For trains running from HRR to RRO RSN you need RE16s Essen Hbf to Hagen Hbf playable to Bochum Hbf then ai to Bochum Langendreer for RSN Hagen RE4 RRO Hagen Hbf then Wuppertal

• Like Like x 1
  3. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

A Full Extension from Cologne to Dortmund would be perfekt

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

An extension would surely be cool, but I would much rather appreciate a timetable update. If you havent been there, you cant even imagine how extremely busy this area is. Stations are never even close to empty, there are trains just constantly going in and out.

Dont get me wrong, I like the HRR timetable, it is already cool, but it could be so much better. Just like in Köln Hbf or soon in Hamburg Hbf, I think the whole route would be so amazing if the timetable was updated.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Definitely agreed, I hope HRR is next to get a timetable upgrade cuz it badly needs it

• Like Like x 4
  6. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Maybe Joethefish can do something or? :)

7. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Joethefish . We need a new timetable update for HRR !!

8. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Well I can't extend the route, no idea how to do stuff like that lol

As for timetables, I need to work out a way I can continue making my own. I'm now back in the office so I'll need to see if there's a way I can get UE4 in my home PC but I've no idea if that will go well or not yet. The future isn't written!

I must ask though, what is the timetable missing/badly needs? I don't usually drive the TSW2020 routes much unless I know them from TS1.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Where do I start? :D

So the most badly needed stuff are ICE services (there are none in the game but there is a significant number of them in reality), the S1 extra services between Bochum (Dortmund) and Essen and static stock in the various yards.

Some additional missing stuff are S9 services (short playable section), maybe RE 42 and RE 49 (only when you make a newer timetable, we also don't have fitting rolling stock), RE 16 and RB 40 (we don't have perfect stock for that either although I wouldn't mind a stand in like the BR 425), S6 (AI only). Some AI only stuff in Duisburg (first and foremost RE 5, ICEs and maybe the RE 3 with BR 425s (?)) would also be cool.

Also the freight services aren't really prototypical, this results in them blocking IC services etc.

All in all it would definitely need a complete rework from the ground up, I think the S1 also misses some regular services as it's a 20 minute interval in some parts of the day while it's always 30 minutes in TSW (although I'm not sure about that) and the existing freight services are problematic.

You would likely need to make a 2018 or 2019 timetable again though as the rolling stock and the lines had big changes from 2019 / 2020 on. I could provide you with some references (NRW Fahrplanbuch and some more stuff), hit me up if you could use them.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. As I say I'm not sure yet if getting UE4 on my home PC will work out well or not. We'll have to see. And for the near future, after Bakerloo and Hamburg are done, I think I need a bit of a break. :)

• Like Like x 6
  11. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I can only agree with what Task already said, there is plenty of stuff to add there!

Take your time :D But if you ever want to update a timetable again, we would all be glad if you choose HRR

• Like Like x 4
  12. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Thank you. We would like to have e.g. ICE services or the new IC control car. But we all now that you‘ll need your break ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Definitely rather wait than rush

14. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the services ICE Brussel Frankfurt could be reviewed there is in real life several decoupling and coupling in cologne but also the services ICE Frankfurt berlin to munster,Hamburg altona Dortmund passau, and Bln Ostbf and all service to nerderlands amsterdam in AI idk if is possible

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  15. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

there are about 130 ICE services IA trains at Koln HBF

16. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Seeing Passau in the game (even just as a destination on a screen for now) would be so cool! I go to university there, such a lovely town. The train tracks go through the campus on a viaduct, so I actually see the ICEs from time to time… mostly freight trains, though! ;)

17. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

ICE should alo drive there. Like going to Hamburg or Berlin etc

18. driverwoods#1787

How about Intercity trains too. AI traffic needs to fill in Bochum Langendreer Junction to Dortmund Hbf. That section was built in 1988 to relive the Dortmund Hagen Line via Witten Hbf. I've solved that issue by making Bochum-Dortmund/Hagen

• Like Like x 1
  19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There seems little point asking for route extensions until DTG change their stance, i.e. that they aren’t interested in extending or enhancing existing routes outside any Pres Crew updates.

20. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

They are working (or did some work) to make extension easier (dev-wise). More info wan't really in the roadmap stream about it but they are interested in doing it and imo some routes should definitely need some extensions!

21. driverwoods#1787

You mean down the road HRR Dortmund Hbf extension and Nahverkehr Dresden Riesa Leipzig section. Basically merging Rapid Transit with Nahverkehr Dresden

• Like Like x 2