Gwe Expansion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, Jun 11, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Hey guys, Today I'm suggesting the Heathrow Express expansion to the game
    So let’s get into detail Heathrow express Runs from Paddington platforms 5-9 to Heathrow terminals 2,3 and 5. The journey takes about 15 Minutes to get to Terminals 2 and 3 and it takes an additional 3 mins to get to Terminal 5 The total trip is 14 Miles(22km) and Goes non stop until the Heathrow area although some services did stop at Hayes and Harlington. Since we have already went through the stations(I’ll go through them again in a moment) We will Go to Fleet/Locos first
    Class 332/3[​IMG]
    This train can be in formations such as 4 car, 8 car and 12 car
    For this Expansion I am picking this train over the 387s as no one likes those ironing board trains and they weren’t in use in 2016/17 im pretty sure(someone correct me)
    Stations:
    First station: London Paddington
    [​IMG]
    At this point everyone should know this station
    (Not used anymore but could be)
    Hayes and Harlington[​IMG]
    (back when this line was closed HX would terminate here but anywho
    Heathrow Terminal 2,3[​IMG]

And finally the last station:
    Heathrow Terminal 5 [​IMG]
    Here we have a 332 and H.T 5
    (Since TFL rail wasn’t a thing back then and it was Heathrow connect Could we get this too?)

Summary : I think I’ve given enough information here and I think this could be possible since we have been given Diesel legends of the GW and I’m not sure how licensing is with HX surely it isn’t that bad since we have GX But If it isn’t an issue I think this should be taken into consideration as this could be a DLC expansion sold for around €16/$16/£13 please since its less than half of the London to Reading length and Thank you for taking your time to read this have a lovely day!!

• Like Like x 5
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Rather than an expansion, your suggestion would be a new route as DTG said that GWE was build with a “unique” way so it’ll be quicker to redo the route from scratches than modifying the route

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The line from Heathrow Junction to the airport is HAL property and licensing becomes an issue. Unlikely until HAL change their stance.

4. steve08

steve08 Active Member

Wouldn’t mind an expansion to Oxford and Bicester village or Taunton via castle Cary

• Like Like x 2
  5. seagull81006

seagull81006 Active Member

Licensing aside, id prefer the Heathrow branch to be part of a Elizabeth line route (Maybe Shenfield - Heathrow T4/5?) with Heathrow Express as a extra train

• Like Like x 2
  6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I’ll definitely buy I’m open to anything U.K. based and new awesome idea

• Like Like x 2
  7. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Thanks for your feedback and I’m also into anything british/irish

8. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

I totally want this too as Cary is my local station but honestly, I couldn't see it working as it takes me around 2 hours to get to paddingtin... A hour and a half to reading...and then it's another half an hour down to Taunton from Cary... Going on dovetails time limits...I doubt this will happen...plus the route is rather large. But if for some reason this does happen...it almost looks like they are recreating the whole gwml down to cornwall