150/2 No Longer Accelerates At 70mph In Notch 1

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ghawk2005, Jun 10, 2022.

1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Has anyone at Rivet or more likely DTG tweaked the throttle settings at the top end? It used to accelerate at 70mph and above in notch 1 and 2 but no longer does and drives much better at the top end?

If this was an intentional tweak - thank you, Thousand times better than before.

if you could remove the throttle interlock switch that prevents all notches being available in brake step 1 too that would be fantastic.

cheers

• Like Like x 2
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the throttle lock is suppose to be there so the DMU don't accelerate while braking

• Like Like x 1
  3. ghawk2005

According to real life drivers that I have spoken to, this is not the case. Also - read AP’s manual as they did extensive research on the unit when doing their pack. Brake step 1 - all throttle positions available, brake step 2 and above - all throttle positions locked

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  4. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The notch 1 and 2 adjustment is part of the class 150 mod I did, so nothing to do with Rivet.

Yeah the brake should only lock off the throttle in brake step 2, 3 and emergency so you can apply power to make hill starts in step 1. Rivet really need to fix that. You should be able to use all power notches while the unit in in step 1.

5. ghawk2005

yes this is what I thought but I couldn’t see any difference to the acceleration above 70mph at all after I installed your mod a few months back. Not at 70+ mph anyway. So I deleted everything (including your mod which is awesome by the way ) and reinstalled JUST the default WCL on its own making sure mods were deleted etc. and it did it correctly as default. (Without your mod) . Then I added your mod in again and it was exactly the same. Very odd.

6. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I'm not at my pc for a while so can someone check the date of the WCL Pak in their DLC folder, I've not noticed any updates thru Steam.

7. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Mine is 7 November 2021- that's when I downloaded it. SteamDB says it (the depot) was last updated on 3 November 2021 – 12:51:23 UTC.

8. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Thanks Orb - so Rivet haven't updated the 150 in any way then.

9. ghawk2005

Never said Rivet had.

I said SOMEONE had

how do you explain when I turn the bescot’s mod off, delete the whole .pak and delete the mod….download the original from scratch that the braking is still sharper and notch 1 and 2 doesn’t accelerate at 70mph and above like it did before ? Could the mod settings still be in cache somewhere ?

10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

ghawk2005, there have been core changes to the physics with the updated buffers. Although I can't see why the notch 1 acceleration could be affected it's the only thing that comes to my mind. It would be crucial if someone could be able to replicate your results. I don't have WCL so I can't

11. ghawk2005

It’s very bizarre but a huge improvement never the less

12. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Thats what I was trying to work out, so its not something Rivet did, something to do with core physics which may have changed things. I've heard that the class 52 now shuts off power and overheats if you keep the throttle open too long. The class 52 Pak wasn't updated but something they changed in the core has caused this too. There's nothing in the changelog to explain either the 52 changes or the braking and power changes to the 150, but for the 150 it's a good thing.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

it sounds like they found a core problem that produces unrealistic effects and performance, and fixed it. Its a shame we haven't been told what this was and which stock is affected, but its also a very good thing if they could make one fix that helped a variety of issues.

14. ghawk2005

You’re right - it would have been nice to have some news update about it ( if this really was the scenario ) because I could have been enjoying the unit for weeks. Hadn’t played it for months and just ran it as an off chance.

That said, the other alternative scenario is that Bescot’s mod settings has remained buried deep in the game somewhere so that even deleting the mod, or de-activating it still somehow leaves it there in some form. The thing pointing me away from this however is I tried the mod as soon as it came out and it definitely did not stop accelerating in notch 1 at 70mph ( and braking was definitely not changed either ) so I do think there’s some sort of core physics tweak etc.

Happy days though.

15. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify that it still does accelerate at 70mph and the same at 0mph, it accelerates uphill in notch 1. I have used the base 150 on Xbox series S, so it must be the mod that you have, which has blueprints attached making the difference.

16. ghawk2005

Thanks for clarifying. Must have lodged some mod files or something deep in the game.

I’ve given up with it now we’ve got the fabulous 166. Even if DTG copied the 166 physics over EXACTLY to the 150, and just changed the gear change over speed to 45mph instead of 58 like it is in the 166, that would still be a thousand times better than the current 150/2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. alexjjones6024

Fully agree, I know we have a lot in common for the physics and true to life approach of these trains in game (especially DMU's). I'm very pleased with the 166, even if the doors open whilst in motion. I guess, just don't open them in motion ;)

18. ghawk2005

Haha there’s always a quirk or too, but compared to the shambles or the 150 physics, if that had a small glitch like that but the rest was amazing, I really wouldn’t complain. I don’t think we are being overly picky with the 150 personally. To ask a developer to check with our videos / gps recordings THAT WE HAVE SPENT OUR OWN MONEY ON SUPPLYING TO THEM by going out deliberately to get those videos …. ( which shouldn’t be needed ) …and just spend 10 minutes comparing the acceleration and braking wasn’t much to ask really. Not as if we’re complaining about a light bulb being too high up by an inch. This is core, and fundamental stuff !!!
    So glad DTG listened to the feedback about the 166 acceleration and braking - yes the unit isn’t perfect but it’s just so much more lovely to drive now. I really hope they spend a lot more time on physics research in the future. :)

19. alexjjones6024

The 166 is smashing!

The class 150, well, need I go there again. It should not be the preservation crew to update this, it is Rivets mess. The attitude that their front man Jasper has clearly means they can churn out Shoddy DLC and just take people's money. Do you wonder why the sounds were so quiet on the pre release streams? Because they knew they had screwed up and they still wanted your money. They then remove it from sale the day before official release, make a few tweaks and don't issue a pre release fix list. Again, you chose to buy as 'some' changes were made, like additional AI and service locos,which aren't even prototypical. Rivet are a shambles and I genuinely think tjey should go bankrupt or lose their rights to make any DLC going forward. You have to take the privilege away before you get a second chance and they need to be taught a lesson big time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Wow what a complete over reaction. I don't own WCL but I do own Arosa and Luzern and both these routes (since Arosa update) are enjoyable and the difference in quality improvements between the 2 are clear to see.
    Are they are DTG current levels of quality, probably not, but the routes are value for money and offer a driving experience in a country that DTG aren't willing to enter the market themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. The Class 150 might be awful but props to them for bringing some much needed variation from the usual GER/US/UK cycle with Arosa and Luzern, and a completely new safety system that works and doesn't suck, unlike DTG's first attempt at ACSES.

• Like Like x 2
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. Wanting them to go bankrupt and the resulting unemployment of staff is not really something anyone should wish on any company or individual.

Rivet have made some excellent content for TS1 and apart from WCL, which I agree is poor on the whole, the rest of their TSW content isn't that bad. I like the IOW it is just a bit boring after a while but nicely made and I will get the new Swiss route at some point. Arosa is much improved although the distant scenery does spoil it still.

As said if we didn't have Rivet we would have less variety in the sim.

• Like Like x 3
  23. alexjjones6024

I'm not taking away my statement, it doesn't mean to say I'm right or wrong. The problem is, the standard has not been there with their DLC releases and consistent failure to deliver quality. (I have the DLC).

I cannot be told it is an overreaction, when it has been non-stop spoken about since release. How do we get a fix for these poorly released DLC without whining and whining, when they are not listening.

I have a valid point and I will not be told that I'm overreacting.

• Like Like x 2
  24. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Rivet make good content in Train Sim Classic but not in tsw2 it seems. Should they go bankrupt? Absolutely not since they make decent products in TSC. If they just go back and improve their dlc's for TSW, then some would be happy and it would improve their image. It's better to do something rather than nothing hence part of the reason why the community is skeptical of rivet because they take months or never go back to improve their previous released products.

However, everyone is entitled to an opinion even if some find it an overreaction or not.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  25. redrev1917

Wanting people to lose their livelihood because you don't like their products is an overreaction.

Demanding that we lose one of 3 third parties and currently the only 3rd party offering anything outside US/UK/Germany is just cutting the communities nose off to spite our face.

Should DTG go bankrupt because the PZB was broken on RT and it took them 6+ months to bother fixing it? Should they have been prevented from releasing any new content becuase the physics on the 166 wasn't correct?

Afterall
    Yes I want to see improvements from Rivet and no I will never buy WCL (this ironically is more down to DTG insisting rivet include mixed era trainsets in order to increase sales, then anything else), I certainly want to see them produce further DLC and support the game.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying Rivet DLC quite a bit. All their routes offer something different from the same old stuff DTG keeps recycling. Don't regret buying any Rivet DLC at all.

• Like Like x 1
  27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

To put things in perspective re Arosa… I just bought the Run 8 Donner Pass route. It is lovingly created so far as the infrastructure and railway buildings are concerned, but totally ruined by using the same flat green texture from near sea level to peaks that are 6000 feet above sea level. Ruins the effect and looks like add on scenery for MSFS 4.0 in the early 90’s. Compared, Arosa looks stunning by comparison and considering I paid £32 for a route which doesn’t even come with additional rolling stock and no right to refund, well - I digress… Anyhow I might give Arosa another chance if it cops a decent discount in the summer sale but I won’t likely touch WCL unless it’s literally going for under £5. And I don’t think Rivet should be fired but they need to have some sanction imposed for failure to deliver work of a required standard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. redrev1917

I wasn't going to buy WCL, but a friend purchased it as a gift....

Its far better then many of the reviews would have you believe, track side scenery is good and it has a 'feel' of Cornwall about it. Many reviews say there's too much forest trackside, but actually its not a million miles off if you compare to incab videos of the area.

I'm enjoying running it, the mixed eras doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would and traffic levels feel about right for a late 1980's region, the train sounds whilst not perfect are decent enough if you have just a passing knowledge of the real thing.

However there are some areas which I think are definitely wrong and need improving. The biggest issue for me is that the brakes seem far too strong and the train can stop on sixpence. The other big area lacking for me is the lack of working PIS in the stations although the screens themselves are modelled. Hopefully this is something Rivet can address in the future.

Overall despite thinking I'd hate it, I can actually recommend it and glad someone brought this for me as from reviews I would never actually have put my hand in pocket and opened my wallet.

29. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have my disappointments with the 150 and I think the 40 and 45 I think are a step too far in terms of the extra layers.

That being said I think as a route itself it is fun to play, the elevation changes and whatnot make it a fun and challenging drive at times and I do enjoy driving it. It's certainly not on my 'must play' routes whenever I fire up the game but it's still one I find myself coming back to fairly often. Perhaps it's the limited options for pre-privatisation routes but whatever it is there are plenty of routes I own that I'm not playing nearly as much.

• Like Like x 2