Rapid Transit | Ghastly

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just had a run on Rapid Transit using the Talent 2. What a truly awful experience.
    1. Barely any sound from the train - thought I was in a sensory deprivation tank.
    2. The second you close the doors, the loading counter stops immediately, requiring you to reopen the doors (and this on the ‘new and improved’ timetable.
    3. Although I earned a Gold medal, it did not count towards my total medal count.
    I think Rapid Transit is a lost cause - especially with the Talent 2. The BR 182 is a must to get any joy from the route as it currently stands.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

They released a patch that’s fixed the messed up PIS at the rear of the train and the unaligned doors but at the same time they broke the doors on the BR182 so the only to open/close the doors is to use the doors selector button but to be honest DTG wasn’t able to make this route more alive despite the BR182 added and the 143 so I completely gave up on this route and I don’t have any hope for it in the near future

3. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I’m playing it for the trophy and that’s all, but yeah it’s a bit of a shower

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I never did care much for Rapid Transit on TSW. On TSW2, I will likely push it as far back as possible. It just wasn't a route that appealed to me.

5. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

SOunds are completely broken on RT, DTG needs to fix this.

• Like Like x 4
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I only bought it (on sale) to get access to the 182, to drive on other routes. I've never driven RT except for the 182 tutorial.

7. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Thats been a bug since the days of TSW 1/2020

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The preservation team should go through every route they’ve worked on with the aim of fixing actual problems. Too many issues linger once they’ve wrapped up their work introducing new features and functionalities.

“Preserve” means to prevent something from deteriorating. Not a concept the preservation team has taken sufficiently into account. They are not doing a bad job updating the routes, but overall polish could be better.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

The Talent 2 sound in Rapit Transit is still strange, especially the windshield wiper, but the sound of the same model in Cologne and Dresden is a little low, but pleasant and acceptable, perhaps because it is not possible to open the windows.
    As for the counter, I've gotten lost several times with it, you have to wait until the end, otherwise it forces you to open the door and close it when completing the cycle, maybe that's how the counter worked, but they didn't update to how it is on the other routes.
    Now something that is very wrong in RT is that Talent 2 does not render properly on the external camera at a certain distance, if you move the camera away you will see that the headlights and 6 offices are irregular...

• Like Like x 1
  10. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

That’s because of the LODs and it does that to other trains too

11. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

I did a fresh install on my system without routes which are crap. RT is one of them, however i have paid for the 182.
    There is no warranty or refund for RT, so as a gesture of goodwill, the 182 should be available to customers for use on other routes.

12. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

No on RT the Talent 2 used to be fine but a few updates ago it got broken. It doesn’t even render correctly on the selection menu. On other routes with the Talent this does not happen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Since TSW OG when you move backward some part become low poly and on other routes the Talent is not the same as the RT ones

• Like Like x 1
  14. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Thats hapen sands 2020 game??? The real problem is with the 282 br, not open the doors in playstation's

15. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

182 BR. I am sorry

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I got this route for free when DTG were giving out the preservation codes during the early days of TSW2. The sound of the talent is just awful and frankly I don't plan on touching the route again. A shame really since it has potential but just like the LIRR M7, no propulsion sounds are immersion killing. I don't think the preservation crew know what preserved means when it comes to this route.

While yes they did fix some parts, sound is crucial in this game and I just can't play a route where the base train has barley any propulsion sound. This is why I didn't buy Harlem.

I hope they do improve the sound eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

Wheat for a patch. DTG might amaize everyone and push one oat to fix it :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning Friends, I discovered new problems.

In RT the BR182 does not work the commands to open and close doors with the control, only manually.

In MSB, the Dostos' intermediate cars do not turn on the passenger lights, nor do they display the PIS.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they are already aware of it

20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If DTG also broke the DB BR182 they should fix it with the working door controls from Hamburg Lubeck Route MRCE BR182. If that doesn't work to fix it why not allow the substitution of its Austrian cousin ÖBB Baureihe 1016 1116 if made to run 780 785 766.2/767.2 on rapid transit.

21. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I am "suffering" the same weird visual of this train, but it is the only one to have a that level of "deformity"!
    Others are just limited to the round headlights and a more distance.
    So it is not noticeable at all.
    But this one is really bad!
    I believe there is no need to do it!
    Due to you have a full model with lot of details, and just to simplify parts that are clearly visible, it is not the right solution for the visual point of view.
    May be they can save "memory" modifying some internal parts instead

• Like Like x 1