Working Electric Timetables For Gwe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItsYa165, Aug 7, 2018.

?
  1. Yes, just the LED timetable.

31.0%
  2. Yes, and voice announcements for it!

87.9%
  3. No, for some reason that I would like you to explain in the thread please...

1.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

It seems controversial to place the electric timetables on the station, and then they serve no purpose. It is a core feature of commuting and the railway travel experience. Everybody reads the timetable, ITS NEEDED.

The LED timetables serve a significant aesthetic purpose for a simulator. In addition, please may voice announcements be added for the timetables (both female and male voices).

• Like Like x 10
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They are working on it.

3. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Are they really? They've been telling us so for a lot of months already and furthermore I didn't read about that topic in the last dev news. That's why I actually doubt that we'll ever see working timetables in GWE.

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It takes time to get working.

5. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Nonetheless I haven't heard anything about that from DTG for months. If they are actually working on the issue - why don't they tell us? I don't want to seem impatient and it's totally ok if they need some more time to get that working as I can imagine that it's really much work to do. BUT if they are just keeping silent all the time, to me it seems like they aren't mentioning the topic as they hope that we'll forget about it because we are caring about newer issues by now, which would mean that they'd have one issue less to work on.
    So, DTG, if you're still working on a passenger information system for GWE - please just let us now in the next developer news!

6. ItsYa165

I have read the 2 main threads which TrainSim-Steve and TrainSim-Jay have both said that it needs to be directly coded into UE4 and that Epic is working on the proposed concept. Nonetheless both devs have said that it is coming and it is high on the wishlist now that the game has been fully released. :)

7. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Well, then I'll just pray that they'll get it coded within the next centuries. It's one of the most annoying issues in TSW so far.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They said the other day in TS1 that it cannot work due to the way the dispatcher system works in that program, so unless TSW works differently (which it may well do) it sounds unlikely.
    Then again the whole "service mode" seems dependant on the fact that trains are in certain places at certain times so it COULD be possible

9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’ll be nice if we can get a progress report on how this is going.

When we do eventually get an answer, we always get the same ‘We have no info on this right now’...

10. ItsYa165

true

11. ItsYa165

TSW is a completely different game in a completely different engine on a completely different graphics processing method with a completely different code

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karl456

Karl456 Member

I do believe that and I know that it will take much time, but we really get unsatisfying answers all the time and that is the point that really keeps annoying me. A short statement like "At the moment we've completed the first parts of the coding and created the letters to be shown on the displays." would be enough. Just some words that tell us that DTG is actually working on the topic. Such short messages would make waiting much less painful as we can bear in mind: "They really try to get it working."

• Like Like x 1
  13. ItsYa165

can you tell DTG to make the class 166 noisier

• Like Like x 1
  14. londonmidland

Indeed. It isn't even to do with how long they are taking, it's basically that Dovetail give us virtually zero information of how things are coming along. It's almost as if they have something to hide.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ItsYa165

Well you have Free Will. Make a thread or complain DTG Jack that they aren't informing us about their ideas, news on development, and progress.

16. Karl456

Karl456 Member

My feelings tell me that that it won't be very useful to complain about this topic, because dozens of other users have already done so. Maybe not in an extra thread but if DTG Jack reads at least every tenth thread he must have read one of the complaints. And even if we opened an extra thread for that - what are our chances that someone from the DTG team will actually answer to our complaint? If we're lucky they'll read it. But an answer from them? That would be like the jackpot of a lottery.:cool: And I guess that it's the same if you opened a ticket according this topic. As it isn't a real bug like something that has been implemented is not working, they won't answer. So let's just save time. I'm afraid that our one and only option is called "waiting and praying that DTG will be too kind and writes a couple of words according this topic in the next studio update".

17. Giacomo Giugiaro

Giacomo Giugiaro Member

I'd say the electronic timetable and platform information systems would be a welcomed addition since it's hard to tell which train on, say, Paddington is the one you're looking for when doing service mode.

Matt's timetables have made it a little easier for me to do this sort of thing, yet I find myself lost, looking for the right train to set up, or finding which one I should catch to got back home after going to Reading and back.

• Like Like x 1
  18. [UK] Alien Baltan

[UK] Alien Baltan Active Member

To be honest, a feature like this would be absolutely ideal - Taplow station is really close to my house, and it's a station I'm going to be visiting a lot given that I'll be commuting to Reading from Taplow to get to Reading Uni every day for my Master's Degree.

When you spawn on foot in the stations in the Great Western Express DLC, most of the time you're basically standing around twiddling your thumbs waiting and never being sure which incoming service will actually stop at the station. This is something DTG has been promising since GWE was released last year, and it's a shame it hasn't been implemented yet.

• Like Like x 3
  19. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

A much needed feature. Would mostly be used in Service mode but would also come in handy otherwise. It's just nice to have and gives it that lively feel.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

21. kofi477

kofi477 New Member

This would be very interesting, because at Slough, it would be like ‘A high speed train is approaching, stand behind the yellow line’

22. londonmidland

Even simple things, such as saying the next train does not stop here, would be nice if it can’t be fully implemented yet.

It’d be a nice addition to Station environments with a working Customer Information Screen.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ItsYa165

My Indian friends says that Slough is just super concentrated India, coz of how run down it is

24. ItsYa165

TrainSim-Luke what do you think of this? Surely you cannot say no to matrices and announcements.