Station Lighting And Saloon Lighting Hack?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Does anybody know of a way to change station lighting and saloon lights to always on?

It looks so unrealistic passing stations and trains in the winter in total darkness.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG should just fix this, cant be to hard. Having the Train Sim with the worst (night/dawn) lighting should not be the level of graphics quality we can expect from "true to life graphics". Most other Train Simulators have better lighting.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is one of many of my bugbears too, if we could have the option within the menu to amend times when street/station lighting come on would be ideal.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This bug has been around since the launch of TSW, DTG still haven’t fixed the timings as to when when station lights turn on and off.

• Like Like x 3
  5. They could just change them to always on. The lights are always on at most stations in the real world anyway. Same with trains. All sitting in the depot at night with all the saloon lights left on.

If I knew where the setting was I would change it myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I guess many of the "how the hell is this still not fixed" stuff is somehow hardcoded into TSW2 and fixing it would basically cause them to rewrite much of the code?
    I mean thats the only explanation i can think of...

Or why cant we choose the season in scenario creator? And why is it so awkward to change the weather in scenario creator? Something is wrong here...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It software development, the issue usually is not the effort it would take to change something, but the time. Changing the lights to always be on, or even better, making them to adjust to the brightness based on the season, probably wouldn't be that much of a deal to program, but it's simply not priority, and they have other things to do.

8. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I thought they sort of fixed this, as there's quite a few routes (including the steam route) I go through stations at, say, 10am and the station lights are clearly still on.