London Commuter Would Be Perfect If...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by locobilly, Jun 12, 2022.

1. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

You guys released a dlc for SW Railways. Then Clapham Jct. wouldn't look so darned empty on the western side each time you pass through it. It's like having a Picasso but with no frame. Please add this to the game. Much needed colour too.

• Like Like x 4
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It’s a game wide issue. E.g. no WCML or Overground AI trains on Bakerloo or anything other than 314s at Glasgow Central in Cathcart Circle.

At least London Commuter has other trains layered, where available, if you own the original DLCs and are running on PC or Gen 9 console.

• Like Like x 1
  3. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

Overground on Bakerloo?

SW Railway would give a whole new route system to tap into whilst at same time populating Clapham Jct. for LC. So it would be a win-win.

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Frankly with the current stability problems this route has, adding additional trains would be a bad idea

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes my riposte to the OP title would be: “If it actually worked reliably and you could save your progress.”

And: “If it was set in the 1970’s with VEP, CIG, BIG and EPB units.”

• Like Like x 3
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That's for sure. Almost any modern route would benefit from being reset in that period. The current crop of EMU's are like SUV's. They all look pretty much the same.
    The TSC version of London Commuter had features like the " Brighton Belle " and some loco-hauled services, along with the slam-door trains.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

A 1970's pack for BML would work a lot better than the one for GWML, although of course that was made up of stock available.

This is something I would love to see but I doubt it will happen sadly.

Quite, just look at a photo of a supermarket car park from the 70's and 80's and look at the different colours and shapes. The same carpark now would be an endless sea of silver, black or white blobs! We have become an identikit society!

8. paddyb6

paddyb6 New Member

For me personally, the BML could be improved by simply adding a Class 700 DLC, if this means the removal of SE Diverts, so be it. Personally, I like the GW HST at Clapham, but in order to facilitate a Class 700, for stability, I would have no problem if it was removed. - A possible solution could be similar to that on ECW, having a 700 DLC timetable, and the original. Simply, stations such as Preston Park, Wivelsfield, Balcombe, Three Bridges, Horley, Salfords, Earlswood and Redhill - to name a few, feel dead, and a 700 would rectify this.

9. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I'd also look into reducing how many 387 sets are running at any one time. During one run, I counted more 387/2 sets running and static at Lovers Walk depot than actually exist.

Also some platforms are too short for 8 car 377 sets even if you stop beyond the correct stop markers, not sure if this is realistic.

10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yes, Overground shares the line from Queens Park to H&W. WCML uses the adjacent track.

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

To do that might as well solve Class 700 DLC BML Timetable with the Introduction of Rush Hour Train Pack. If you search this up on the Forums it's made up of NEC Acela Express Riesa-Dresden ICE-T and BML Class 700 that way the purchase of Class 700 give two trains for the other two rush-hour routes

12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’d welcome more on this route

13. It would be a nice touch. Even if they was ai models like they have on just trains metropolitan line.

• Like Like x 1