PC Sos: Some Colour Light Signals Not Reading Through To The Next Signal(s)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bescot, Jun 12, 2022.

1. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I've mention this in the PC forum, but can the team please take a look at these signals. Hard to ID without screenshots as the SOS signals (quite rightly) don't have ID plates.

Both of these bugs are travelling northbound on the DF lines.

1. Runcorn to Ditton. Ditton has 3 aspect colour light signal before the first home signal. The 3 aspect is not reading the home signal's state. So you see green followed by a red aspect. The 3 aspect signal should show yellow.

location of the 3 aspect colour light:
    01 ditton 3 aspect.jpg

location of first Ditton home signal:
    02 ditton home.jpg

2. Woodside signal box Woodside Sidings box, between Ditton & Speke has a 3 aspect colour light (distant) signal which is only showing yellow if the (first) home signal is red. It incorrectly shows green if the section/starter signal is red. This 3 aspect signal should show caution if any of the stop signals are red. Maybe a tickbox got forgotten here? I've SPADDED here a few times as you get green>green>red with no warning. I guess the distant signal could also show double yellow as it can't show red.

location of the 3 aspect 'distant'
    03 woodside 3 aspect.jpg

location of the section signal:
    04 woodside section signal.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. MRFS

MRFS Staff Member

Hi bescot,

The important thing to note about the malfunctioning distants: these are very much isolated incidents and not system-wide bugs at all by any stretch. The vast, vast majority of distant signals are working as designed: and you can be confident that the system works well across the entire route, apart from this tiny number.

Any dodgy distant is a disappointment and anything that is bugged will be attended to ASAP, so I'd suggest that you do upload your scenarios soon - as there is so much that is good about this route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Good to hear MRFS, plus those screenshots look v nice Bescot, v tempted to buy...