Next Gen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elvescast, Jun 14, 2022.

1. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Hi I m currently considering upgrading from a One X to a series X and was wondering what benefits it brings to timetables in Train sim world 2?

Do you have more AI traffic? Does it have more options to choose from and different units on more routes?

Does MAG get any RE services out of Augsberg for example? Do you get Southeastern at London Victoria?

I know the technical differences but I am wondering about what specific I get in this game as it js my biggest factor in upgrading.

Any I fo shared would be very grateful thank you on advance.

2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

The gen 9 ( series S/X ) gives you the full PC game play ( excluding mods )
    So all layers would appear, on HMA, L2B - providing you have the other content - much better gem play on gen 9

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

To sum it up you get longer trains on Sherman Hill (100 wagons), more services on GWE that were hidden on previous gen consoles, London Commuter also has SE services as AI only at Victoria (both 375 and 465) as well some playable SE divert services using the 375 and services from Reigate to Redhill/Gatwick Airport using the 166 from GWE. HMA has all layers active if you have the appropriate DLCs.
    There's also the 60fps at 4K on series X.

TSW2 is a better experience on gen 9 consoles as it is much closer to the PC version of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Thank you, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Sounds like what I wanted is there which is good.

Thank you again, looking forward to LBN now especially on next gen as it is one of my favourite routes. Sounds excellent and as would expect a good deal better

5. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I swapped from Playstation pro to Xbox series x about 6 weeks ago and have got TSW 2 on game pass which is brilliant.i am now re buying favourite routes and will get more as finances allow. As for the console I am very pleased with it , the game runs an absolute treat and the graphics are far better.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You also get the Class 43 (HST) on divert via the SWML lines through Clapham Junction... (AI only)

• Like Like x 1