Clinchfield Sd40 - Dtg Patch Requested

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by torfmeister, Jun 14, 2022.

1. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

This might have come up earlier,

but DTG Jamie , DTG JD

As the brake script is wrong (no matter what you set the handle, it is either going to a full service or Release, no Lapping, I ask this question again wether it is possible you provide a fix for this loco.

As I am not able to decrypt the compiled .out script files, I have cloned it for myself, removing the Virtual ControlContainers and making it work like the classic unscripted Kuju SD40-2 (0% Release, 2-49% Graduated Self Lap Limited Holding, 50% Full Service, 100% Emergency).

But as this one is based on some Union Pacific SD40-2 (the engine blueprint reveals this) it must be possible to substite the broken script.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2022
  2. Gary Dolzall

Gary Dolzall Well-Known Member

Have to agree that the CRR SD40 brakes -- and the CRR GP38 brakes, which are equally problematic -- should be a priority fix.

• Like Like x 1
  3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Won't be happening. Too much work for two customers only it seems. :( Even though the honorable Gary Dolzall joined in.

Well, I've done my own fix by writing a new script (learning by doing), dumping the VirtualBrake and using default TrainBrakeControl. That always works well. GraduatedSelfLapLimitedHolding from 2 to 50% handle position.

You don't need that much for the script actually. Activate the light child objects, a little code for the smoke emitters to relate to Tractive effort (copypaste), the update(time) loop, that's it. Simple working engine. No PCS trip or wheelslip indicator (broken anyway on this), but what the heck. Still better than the DTG version.

I still do not get it why this script is not standardized as it was first introduced 10 years ago on Sherman Hill, in a bug-free version. And I know there will never be a technical statement from DTG - probably there is nobody in-house that knows this, the manual only credits the route builders - loco seems to be made by external devs who are over the hills and far away, cheap labour, that's my suspicion which is growing even stronger when I noticed that Tehachapi has the sun standing in the North at noon. So simple to fix. If there's a will to do so only. See Tehachapi BNSF&UP ES44 brakes 84psi bug / dynamic brake sound constantly looping.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2022