Wsr- Constant Ce-34878-0 Blue Screen Of Death

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TinTin_57, Sep 12, 2018.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

31F31E49-1835-44A2-BB4E-F4FF1A5C06CF.jpeg trying to run the 2nd service in the class 47 list. Not been able to complete it due to 4 blue screens so far. Game hangs, screen goes black, then goes to a CE-34878-0 error. Each time I report problem as requested.

Also seeing issues as reported in another thread where secondman will randomly be stood. Shortly after this it crashes

Very disappointing

2. TinTin_57

Ran it again. Secondman stood up as usual. Got all the way to Blue Anchor and it crashed again while loading passengers.

Interested to know how everyone else had got on with this service.

Needs fixing. Unplayable as is and I have reinstalled to make sure

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

This entire dlc right now is broken and unplayable. I got one hard crash playing on services, tried again another service and got a permanent red signal for no reason... If DTG work this way, and doesn't have any sort of respect for consumers (they already doesn't fix a lot of problems on base game) we need to start setting up on reddit, or any other PS4 community some sort of petition for Sony interference. I'm done with this company

• Like Like x 2
  4. Paul James Barnett

Paul James Barnett New Member

Yep the same. Find myself having to keep saving it constantly and even then it’s crashed when opening the menu. Seems to only be in Service Mode and with the 47, although not tried the super gronk yet. I report it to Sony every time, and I suggest you all do the same then hopefully they will fire the big guns at the developers to get it sorted.

5. Paul James Barnett

Paul James Barnett New Member

There doesn’t appear to be any specific criteria for it to crash.... it just crashes. Usually when you do something or other....which you’re doing all the time on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Caineth

Caineth Member

I ran into something similar during a service, a red signal stopping me at a location with a singel track (so the AI train approaching couldn't pass, creating a permanent choke point). I think it was just after Williton station. I solved it by staying put at the station, despite being allowed to continue, until the AI train had passed on the other track. I just thought I should mention it in case it was something similar that happened to you.

Will try and replay the service tonight and submit a ticket if it repeats.

7. Ali D

Ali D Member

Happens every time I play aswell I've put 4 tickets in already .I've reinstalled aswell to test .. I urge everybody to do the same as initial response from dovetail was hundreds of games have been sold but only me and another had put tickets in ...however support did say eventually to supply as much Info as possible and they will look into it .

8. RedbackSA

RedbackSA New Member

Well this answers my question thought it was just me with this problem. Reinstalling the game does nada. How did the faults get through the screening process? Sent in a ticket hope there is a prompt solution.

9. TinTin_57

I've also just logged a new ticket

10. TinTin_57

Just out of interest, anyone finding that the ticketing tool/knowledgebase is constantly down? It crashed when I submitted the ticket it seems and I'll have to redo it when it is back up again. Theres a running theme going on here.

11. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hey guys.
    Just a reminder when you put in your tickets to support, please be as detailed as you possibly can. What were you doing at the time the crash or problem happened, what had you done before that, did you notice any other unusual behaviour, was there an error message and what did it say etc...
    Every little tidbit of detail will help, tickets that just say "it crashes" doesn't really help us find out why...

12. TinTin_57

Hi Luke- just trying to get a ticket in but I’m the meantime there’s nothing unusual going on, playing the game as it should be. Doesn’t seem to be any particular trigger that I can see. I tried recording gameplay but unfortunately once it crashes you don’t get the footage. I’ve also had the blue stopping target at the start of the platform and not at the end which is strange as if the target is the opposite way around

• Like Like x 1
  13. TinTin_57

Caught it before it happened this time. Not had this before where I get a red for no reason but then again the secondman was stood up meaning it’s about to crash

14. TinTin_57

3rd service in the list, another crash. Quite unplayable really

• Like Like x 2
  15. TinTin_57

Class 9, coming into Williton on the 2nd service in the list.........crashes again. I’m done with WSR until it’s patched

• Like Like x 2
  16. TrainSim-Luke

TinTin_57 This is something we're actively investigating as I type this. I'll say again, the more tickets submitted to the support desk with more details will help.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TrainSim-Luke

Also for anyone that's experiencing random crashes, can you tell us if you installed the patch from Monday first, then WSR or did you get the patch at the same time as installing WSR?

18. Caineth

Caineth Member

I’ve gotten a few random crashes (the ”bluescreen” error message CE-34878-0) while doing services in WSR, not doing anything other than driving. I installed the patch (and played the game with it installed) the day before buying WSR.

19. TinTin_57

Thanks Luke- I also installed the patch and played on the base game on Monday then bought WSR early Tuesday post 9am UK

20. Ali D

Ali D Member

Cheers Luke glad this is being looked into , I've been dealing with Daniel in support and he's been really helpful .. I've experienced a crash on every game .. I also had no engine noise for the final part of to the beach run .. frame rates seem to fluctuate a lot also .. I also purchased WSR after the patch on Tuesday morning (patch was Monday) thanks. Picture just before crash . 20180913_154917.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Northlander

Northlander Guest

22. TinTin_57

TrainSim-Luke I did some testing tonight if it helps.

I was able to run both the 09 and 47 services that were giving me trouble by sitting in the drivers seat only, not using any other camera angle, and not pausing or saving the game as I went. Not one crash this time.

I don't know which of the above may be the culprit but I'm hoping it gives you some clue. I really did miss not looking outside though

23. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

TinTin_57 Really appreciate the time you (and others) are putting in to help DTG get this solved. I too have got the blue crash screen regularly and will submit my ticket to DTG support. There's nothing more frustrating than the game crashing halfway into a service or scenario. Once it's fixed I'm sure it will be more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  24. TrappStarr

TrappStarr New Member

I have a problem every time I change from inside view to outside view it gives a error code-ce-34878-0 it happen to me on minehead shunter part1 and part2 and on class 09 service mode

25. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Have also had a permanent red signal. On one of the services. F.Y.I. I installed the patch on Monday and purchased WSR Tuesday.

26. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi Everyone,
    Daniel from support here.

We are currently gathering data on what could be causing the crash as our QA team never faced this issue and nor has Luke or Matt when streaming and playing WSR on PS4 so right now we need as much data as possible about the systems facing this issue.

Could you please send this information to us either via DM or Kayako ticket preferably.

The first thing we need is your Playstations serial number as this will help us to determine what revision it is:
    https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/PS4-Serial-and-Model-Number-Location-1

We will also need to know if your system has its original hard drive or if you have upgraded it and if you have upgraded it what drive do you currently have installed.

We would also like to know if you are using a wireless or wired network connection and if anything was downloading in the background or not when the game crashes. This includes Streaming the game.

We would also like to know if you've you faced any crashing on other routes and finally did you download TSW this week or have they had installed for a while?

Hopefully, once we have gathered as much information as possible we can locate the source of the issue/s quickly and have them resolved by our Dev Team.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. TinTin_57

Further to my PM earlier Daniel and Luke. I tried a service and again did not move from the drivers seat. I made one save though this time and On going back in my secondman was stood up again. Crashed just after

28. TrainSim-Luke

Thank you everyone for all this feedback.

Investigations are ongoing, but we suspect the crashes are caused by some cameras in WSR. For the time being we advise you to limit your use of external cameras and see if that helps.

We will update as soon as we've validated this and have more news on fixing it completely. Please keep the information coming as it all helps.

• Like Like x 2
  29. brionfire

brionfire New Member

Hello all,

Happened to me last night - crashed about 4 times - I submitted the "report to Sony" screen - can someone please tell me where these separate support tickets are - new to all this! I also had the second person standing through the seat issue.

I bought WSR after the patch - original HD.

30. TrainSim-Luke

31. brionfire

brionfire New Member

Thanks Luke

Done :0)

32. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

As far as the red light fault is concerned, it happened again,however when i asked to proceed it stated check switches. I did further down the line and corrected points/switches which then allowed me to proceed

33. Caineth

Caineth Member

Thanks for looking into this! These kind of issues are the worst, when there's no special trigger at all, it just crashes randomly. I've been doing services with the Class 47, and sometimes it crashes 2-3 times in a matter of minutes. For me, the issues also seems worse around Minehead-Dunster-Blue Anchor. While doing the 12.30 service from Minehead, I crashed repeatedly until I was past those stations, then I could complete the rest of the line without issues. It might've been a coincidence, sure, but I'm throwing it out here in case others have similar experiences. I also haven't crashed yet while just standing still at a station, it seems to happen while driving.

I tried not using the camera at all (just staying in the cab), but unfortunately it still crashes for me.

34. TinTin_57

Yeah hopefully Luke, Daniel and team can come up with the fix soon now the suspected issue itself has been identified

35. DTG Matt Porter

DTG Matt Porter Staff Member

Hi,

I'm currently investigating the reported crashes with the Dovetail Games development team.

Firstly, let me convey our full apologies for those experiencing issues - it's not something we've seen in the many hundreds of hours of dev and QA on WSR, and we're very keen to get to the bottom of it, so everyone can fully enjoy the route as we intended.

Your reports have been invaluable so far in narrowing things down, and thankyou for supporting the requests for information these last few days. It’s greatly appreciated.

If I may, I'd like to ask a few more questions to hopefully get closer to resolving (These are all separate avenues of current investigation, so I'll number individually)

1) For those who have had the "2nd man" issue - Has this always occurred after resuming a saved game? Or have you seen it when starting a service or scenario afresh? Is there one particular service or scenario you can recall it being most prevalent? Has it always led to a crash after seeing it?

2) For general crashes - Is there any pattern to how long into a service or scenario it is before the error occurs? Eg: Is it always around 30 minutes of realtime pay into the service? An hour? etc

3) Has anyone experienced crashes using a wired internet connection?

4) As a general request, if you're experiencing this crash, can you let us know your PS4's Rest mode settings, please (“Settings”->Power Saving Settings->Set Features Available In Rest Mode”), and whether 'Keep Application Suspended” is enabled. If it is, if you’re able to retry with that setting disabled and let us know on any improvements, that would be a useful test to rule things out.

5) Has anyone had a 100% reproduceable crash? If so, are you happy to share the details with us?​

Lastly, if you’re offered the option to report the crash, it would be very helpful to do so, including “DTG Forum member” in the comments section, and adding brief details on the scenario/service/loco you were playing at the time.

Hopefully that’s all going to give us more leads to progress a fix for you. Dependent on findings, we may be in contact with some of you privately to seek more info', if needed.

Many thanks in advance for your continued support and patience as we continue to investigate.
    Matt

• Like Like x 1
  36. TinTin_57

Hi Matt

1) generally after resuming a save. As I recall eventually it leads to a crash each time but not straight away
    2) No pattern I can put my finger on but it could be a time thing. If I go from Bishops to Minehead direction it will generally always crash between Williton and Doniford
    3) I have been on a wired connection the whole time
    4) Keep application enabled is not ticked on my PS4
    5) not had a 100% reproduceable crash. It happens at different points. As reported to Luke and Daniel, the only services I have had success on have been without leaving the drivers seat and not saving. Even that though is inconsistent as I have been continuing that way and have had crashes

In future I’ll add DTG Forum Member to the PS4 report as requested

Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon. Great route and locos but it has been so frustrating so far

37. idiosis

idiosis Member

I'll echo exactly what TinTin said apart from point 4, I've had application suspend enabled. Williton area then beyond was where things got bad in service mode yesterday, couldn't get more than 5 mins into reloading a save without a crash.

38. TinTin_57

That’s my first crash tagged with DTG Forum Member gone in. Approaching Crowecombe after coming all the way from Minehead and screen went black. Did nothing to trigger it. I think I will leave the dlc for now. Wasted so many hours on it

• Like Like x 1
  39. Badcat50

Badcat50 New Member

I have never gotten past two stations before it crashes the game. Hopefully I'll be able to play the DLC someday.

40. LeShark75

LeShark75 Member

Good Morning guys, glad I've found this thread.

I was streaming the game most of yesterday on Twitch and game crashed around 5 times on WSR, all other routes appear to be fine. I have to agree with what was mention previously.. I suspect the crash is triggered by using external cameras, I noticed the game was a lot more stable whilst using the internal camera.

I had my first crash on Tuesday in the Tutorials and its been a bit of a pain ever since really..

I was going to try again today with PS4 Pro's Boost Mode disabled. But I doubt that would help after reading all the above posts, chances are some are playing on the base PS4 system.

Glad its all being looked into.

41. LeShark75

LeShark75 Member

Just had a thought!!

When did that last PS4 software update drop? Just wondering if that has anything to do with the problem and why the issues have slipped through testing.

42. TinTin_57

Would that also not affect the main game too? Def something particular to WSR. If everyone submits a report per Matts post above we may finally get it fixed.

I keep jumping in and enjoying it then bang! Crashed. It’s ruining the experience really

43. LeShark75

LeShark75 Member

It was just a thought really Sir. I'm going to avoid the DLC for the moment and just keep chipping away at the base game when I stream it again today.

TinTin have you tried a late Clear Winter Run on the Class 47? Stunning to see, with the converted Gas lamps on too.

44. TinTin_57

No, it’s worth them checking that definitely. Winter clear is great yeah also summer fog is another if my favourite weathers

45. LeShark75

LeShark75 Member

Ohh, dont think I've tried Summer Fog, that maybe one for a Class 66 run later. :)

• Like Like x 1
  46. idiosis

idiosis Member

Yep it really puts a dampner on the game, I don't really want to play it anymore. Just been letting it run until it crashes to submit the error report in the hopes it gets fixed soon.

• Like Like x 2
  47. TinTin_57

9600F82D-FC9E-479B-AED7-BB33F7F5C438.jpeg Keep the faith, looks like this when it’s working (summer fog setting)

• Like Like x 1
  48. Ali D

Ali D Member

Hi Matt,
    My crashes are random but usually 3/4 of the way through .
    Keep application suspended is disabled
    I have a wired connection.
    Hope this helps .

49. TinTin_57

TrainSim-Daniel TrainSim-Luke DTG Matt Porter some further testing info. Decide to travel as passenger on the 1015 47 service from Bishops. I used the in coach passenger view, external front boom and external front views. Crashed 17 mins later with the usual black screen. Uploaded PS4 report.

I wondered if being a passenger rather than driver would make a difference but seems not

50. LeShark75

LeShark75 Member

Just done a five and a half hour stream on Twitch across all routes apart from the WSR, the game never missed a beat. Looking forward to beating the WSR drum some more when the issues are resolved.

Cheers guys.