Class 700 Cambridge To East Croydon (brighton)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jahshai12, Jun 7, 2022.

1. jahshai12

jahshai12 New Member

I think we should see the Cambridge to brighton route in train sim world 2. If the whole route can't be fit in to the game it should end at east croydon. Let me know what everyone thinks about this!

• Like Like x 5
  2. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd rather see the the Class 700 be added into London Commuter and would be a fantastic addition to the route with both the 8-car /0 and 12-car /1.

My reasoning is that on London Commuter, while Cambridge services from Brighton are there, there's also other services such as Brighton-Bedford (both to East Croydon via the Quarry Line (fast line) as well as Gatwick-Bedford, and Horsham-Peterborough (driveable from Three Bridges) as far as East Croydon via Redhill. Plus also some peak services like Littlehampton-Bedford (driveable between Hove-East Croydon).

Regarding your Cambridge suggestion, I'd like to see the ECML south between St Pancras (or even at least Finsbury Park) to Peterborough. Then you'll have TL services on the route to Peterborough, but with the Cambridge services driveable as far as Hitchin.

700144.jpg Redhill TL.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Console would die if it was on Brighton mainline

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

9th generation consoles can handle those since PS5 Xbox Series X/S use PC timetable

5. euaningarfill

The game was built for gen 8 so will need to provide it for gen 8

• Like Like x 1
  6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

even then the route itself has many timetable issues and problems i feel adding more stuff to it won't help and yeah 8th gen consoles struggle a lot and i don't see dtg stopping stuff for them just yet

7. 2008bmw525d

2008bmw525d Member

yea - I hope the new upcoming UK loco would be the class 700 - using it on the London Commuter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really good valid points. Since summer 2021 consoles need 9th gen to run PC Timetable. how would they manage Boston-Providence Acela Express Nahverkehr Dresden ICE-T and BML Class 700 for 8th generation consoles?

9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I only want the 700 if they don’t mess up the 3D model and especially the sounds which was terrible on TSC

10. euaningarfill

It won't be the 700 rivet would ruin it and has been leaked isle of wight emu consoles would die if was put on Brighton mainline

11. GarethDavies21

GarethDavies21 Member

Class 700 on TSC was pretty terrible. However, the modal itself isn't actually bad. It looks quite good. Now there is suspicion amongst those in the community the 700 modal in TSC was actually ported over from a TSW developed modal. How true this is I don't know. However, looking at the details it has in TSC in the cab, it seems likely.

As to the route suggestion - no chance. With the traffic and the route length you'd end up with only PC's and next gen consoles being able to run it. :).

• Like Like x 2
  12. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

I play TSW2 and BML (and other Rush Hour routes) run pretty well, sometimes some frame drops and crashes but tis fine. They are working on that DLC's Manager (old PS5 dlc limit fix) and it will reduce 500MG for PS4 so once that is release the gameplay will be pretty great again.

13. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

It is possible taht they've focused more on TSC's C700 model than the rest of it and that they will use the model for TSW. They did that too with the DB RB 442 front and if im not wrong TGV Duplex too!

14. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I don't necessary think having the Class 700 would mean not having it on 8th gen consoles, but most likely an alternate timetable with fewer existing services maybe?

Wasn't it initially stated that those with 9th gen consoles and PC, which can handle more memory regarding DLC layers and/or massive timetables on the likes of London Commuter - plus any other DLC - wouldn't mean being held back by 8th gen? It's difficult to find that balance, although everyone has the right to get the full enjoyment out of a DLC, so obviously I hope such memory challenges can be fixed for those still on 8th gen.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022