Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

1654933040266185130390764225181.jpg
    Hi Matt.
    I have 36 services with the 425, only the RB33.
    I'm playing on ps5 with the latest patch installed, in case it might be useful.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Servus Matt!
    I looked it up yesterday evening, and there were only the RB 33 Essen-Duisburg; but the trains are running, I saw one! You just can’t select them in the timetable

I’m playing on the PS4 with the latest patch installed, the location is Germany

• Like Like x 2
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

That was only one bad loco . I’m sure rivet can move past that . The route itself was excellent

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Sorry to say this but Rivet have a history of bad locos, not just the 150. The Br 204, Class 483, and Ge 4/4 II just to name a few all suffer from severe physics issues and/or inaccuracies.

• Like Like x 2
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As a temporary solution I suppose this wouldn’t be too bad, however if/when a 377 with a a pantograph releases it could be suitably replaced with the correct version.

• Like Like x 3
  6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

tylerzme#2748 This could be interesting for you

7. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Thanks for the clarification! Then it was my misunderstanding, sorry - i thought it was a totally new timetable.
    Doing it for fun is the best and anyways, I really love your timetables, and the screens of a busy Hamburg Hbf look great.
    And maybe my dream of you making a timetable for HRR will come true one day, too. ;)
    As someone here on this forum said before - HRR was rush hour before Rush Hour, but in reality (or with an accurate timetable) it would be even busier…

• Like Like x 1
  8. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Joe you are the best!

Just amazing work all around.

I‘m really looking forward to experiencing Bakerloo all new.
    And I‘ll be sure to finally be buying Hamburg-Lübeck.

Thank you!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Update: On Epic games it actually shows the RE11, have to look up if that’s the case on ps4 now too!

10. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Just had a check on series X and 71 services show up for HRR DB425 (RE11 and RB33)

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not really. The route was rubbish. At best a semi fictional interpretation of the West Cornwall railway and its surroundings. Overabundance of trees and those stupid stumps everywhere. Missing sections of lineside fencing and very odd idea of what constitutes a foot or accommodation crossing. Stop locations for some stations in the wrong place resulting in trains being half off the platform.

If it had been freeware, would have smiled and said nice try. In fact the freeware route in MSTS that goes all the way from Plymouth to Penzance, includes all the branches and the “back” line from Chacewater via Perranporth to Newquay was far better.

• Like Like x 6
  12. in_04

in_04 New Member

On PC I can confirm 71 services for the 425.

13. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Hi Matt

It is still an issue. Only RB33 services appear for the BR 425 - 36 in total.

RE11 services are missing despite the fact I had done many of these before the HRR preservation update.

I’m on PS4 Pro and the latest version of the game is installed.

Other PlayStation users seem to have the same issue, as discussed in this thread:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/hauptstrecke-rhein-ruhr-“preservation”-update.55081/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  14. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Yep I was able to repro it in my dev environment, trying to see what's going on at the moment, only seems to be on PS as far as I can tell (someone please correct me if that's wrong!).

• Like Like x 1
  15. 18batesonj

18batesonj New Member

Hope whatever the new locomotive is, it's a relatively old one. Sorry but I'm just not a fan of modern trains. Don't judge though if you do like them. Hope it's a class 142 Northern or Class 507 or 508 on the Southport - Hunts Cross line. Even though Spirit of Steam is in Liverpool though.

I don't really know for sure what the new loco is, neither does anyone. (Unless you work for DoveTail that is).

16. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

As a loco dlc they are always suited to only current released routes

• Like Like x 1
  17. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I think he means the Class 484, and yes this did get leaked on a rivet streamed (now blurred) so it is likely that the 484, as much as we don't want it, is this mysterious 'Rivet UK loco'

18. kevin#7245

kevin#7245 New Member

Heddernheim_U5_603_erste_Fahrt.jpg Bahnhof_U2_HG-Gonzenheim.jpg 512px-Frankfurt_Hauptbahnhof_U-Bahn_Typ_U3_Linie_U4.jpg U7_Ffm_Enkheim.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Well does that mean they are lowering the tracks through the tunnels? Because they had to in real life to accomodate the height difference.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Coastway trainspotter

In what way was it leaked ? A screenshot , someone said it ? If so this is great news

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Of all the trains they could be making for any of the routes that exist in TSW, I think a 484 would be the one I’d like the least and potentially the worst decision ever in what train to make. IoW already has the best train for the job on it now and the two can’t run together unless they want to mix eras like in WCL, which would be a right horror show in this instance.

Also, unless they are trialing a system where route configuration and scenery can be altered for different time periods (which would be great news for the future if that could happen), then depending on whether they keep the route the same or alter it either the 483 or 484 is going to be driving on an incompatible and incorrect route configuration with wrong platform heights etc (which would not be great news). I’d be inclined to think they will just have it running on the current route in all its wrongness and hope that some players will accept it. But after WCL ending up as a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster of a route I’d question their choice to create another one right now. I just had my own horror story type thought… if they wanted make the 484 but make it fit the current IoW route, they could always butcher the under-frame of it to match the current platform height. I’ll be around the forums with my popcorn ready if they do that!!!

Anyway, whatever they are making we’ll find out soon enough.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I will be disappointed (but not that surprised) if Rivet make another IoW train rather than something which can be used in different DLC.
    Surely we have enough single use assets in game already and could do with more broadly used assets that can be put on DLC in the future?

• Like Like x 5
  24. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There are actually some suitable DLC which could be made for WCL, i.e. the class 153 and class 158, however I think with Rivets last attempt at Sprinter sounds and physics it is best to leave it there! A class 117 would also be very suitable for the St Ives branch.

If it is to be a class 484 I can't see me purchasing it as I rarely use the IOW route, nice as it is.

• Like Like x 2
  25. ARuscoe

153 and 158, yes please. They can be used anywhere outside of the SouthEast and any time after 1990

117 - These seem to have been widely used including south west, Birmingham, Scotland so good shout. I also note the WSR has one of these units so could sub in for the 101 on that route too.

• Like Like x 1
  26. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Given Rivet’s reputation for their inaccuracies when it comes to sounds and physics, as well as their lack of care for post release bug fixes, I hope they stay away from any train at this point.

They should just stick to what they’re good at, which is modelling. They should get DTG to help the with the sound and physics, until they can get someone of their own to do it for themselves. Currently they have such big issues with these two things, as shown with all of their DLCs.

• Like Like x 3
  27. ARuscoe

From what I've seen of the 150 the sounds are generally OK, but it's the mixing of them that's "off". And of course the physics are nothing like in real life, but then Jasper did say himself on the release stream he'd never been on one IRL...

OK so maybe they shouldn't do the 158 (my favourite train)

• Like Like x 1
  28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Don't we have enough emus in the game? How about building a " real " locomotive. Surely there's an existing route that it could run on.

• Like Like x 3
  29. ARuscoe

• 08 - *edit (twice)
    • 37 (twice)
    • 52 (twice)
    • 66 (twice)
    So that's 11 UK locos in game right now, several a few times

• 101 (several times)
    • 150/2
    • 377 (twice)
    So that's 11 MUs in game right now too.

OK, so 08,09 and 43 may not be classed as "real locos" (and I wouldn't say a 483 is really a proper MU being a reconned LUL consist) but there's as much loco variety as unit variety if you look at it that way

Saying that I'd love a class 60, 90, 86, 87 in game as much as I would like to see a 153, 156, 158 etc

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  30. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

50 for The WCL, GWE and any other Ul route (railtour wise)
    Lovely Class 56 in Large logo ex works or weathered as hell for Tees Valley.
    Class 25 for Northern Trans Penninne
    Deltics, 44's ,46's, 57's 58's 60's 70's 73's 68's 69's The list is endless BUT you need decent routes to compliment them.
    I'm not going to speculate what Rivetts next UK DLC is going to be. I'm just going to wait for the announcement, I can guarantee you some people just wont be happy with what anything in the UK or any other content will be released.
    Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  31. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The 08 is ingame twice Heavy freight pack and TVL

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Would love to see a class 25 for NTP and class 108 too would be very suitable..

It would be great to have a class 50 and a relevant route, maybe something like Birmingham to Bristol or the Riviera line.

Anyway this is in danger of becoming a wishlist.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Every thread no matter the intention will inevitably turn into a request thread ;)

• Like Like x 3
  34. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the vague comments concerning Harlem Line non-functionality (basically "still looking into it"). Specifically, the well-documented bugs that make certain routes unplayable. Either it's more of a head-scratcher than the dev team anticipated or it's fallen very low on their priority list.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ARuscoe

Is this related to the issue whereby if you have more than one train in a given block the dispatcher doesn't know what to do with it, and this being more prevalent on lines like Harlem where trains being in the same block is quite prevalent?
    If so Matt did say the team were working on the dispatcher so it could determine which train was "first in block" and thus where to send it rather than asking "Who is in this block and where do they need to go" which confuses it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why that's especially relevant. It would matter if none of the developers or artists had ever been on one, but Jasper's just a PR guy, not responsible for product design.

37. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

For those speculating on a 484 for IOW, another issue would be with the livery. If you remember, they couldn’t use the current livery for the 483 and had to use the old Network South East livery. Presumably this would still be a problem, with the added problem that they don’t have an earlier livery to use (unless they dress it up as a District Line train which would be awful).

38. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm saying this but if Rivet did the 484 and it was decent I would look to buy it. Although I think I have found the perfect scenario, Route and Loco although we all know by now no-one from DTG or Rivet will care what anyone here wants.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Coastway trainspotter

Rivet would have to obtain the SWR licence to make the livery for this I believe

40. ARuscoe

I would find it very hard to talk about the design and functionality of something I had never experienced...
    "Oh hey, this is a train, it looks like a 150 and sounds like a train and that's close enough, right?"

• Like Like x 1
  41. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I think it’s the Hudson line going all the way up to Poughkeepsie New York.

42. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Hi there!

Very excited about these news.

Any estimate/prediction as to when the new Bakerloo timetable will be released during the month of June?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Mayyybe, but all the way to Poughkeepsie seems too far for TSW.

They've done the route to Croton-Harmon in TSC, which would be great if it came to TSW- would that be two new locos though? M8 and P32DM? I think the TSC version also had the CSX GenSet....it's been a while since i've played it tbh.

I'd REALLY like to see a return of some freight runs on these Northeastern routes. I miss it a lot from NEC:NY

44. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Is there a way of finding out what Rivet do have licences for or does that only have to apply to DTG?

45. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I assume that the updates for GWE and NTP will be next week now at least.

46. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

It's good to have someone telling you what's going on in your own company... ^^

• Like Like x 6
  47. ARuscoe

People shouting into the void is perfectly normal internet behaviour. Prove them wrong

48. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Personally I'm interested to know what obviously Rivett will be producing for the next but of UK DLC but I'd rather wait than speculate (half the time I would get it wrong anyhow lol). Hopefully we wont have to wait long.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  49. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

Would it be a better idea instead of whining to clean up the mess you made of Cornwall, before producing some more undercooked hot garbage ?

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Yes it would be nice if they didn't release their DLC

• Like Like x 3