Possibility Of Tsw Becoming A Play-anywhere Title.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FD1003, Jun 14, 2022.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm currently an owner of TSW and 36 pieces of DLC, and I'm planning to switching to PC sooner or later, hopefully before next year, and I was wondering wether there are any plans to make TSW a play-anywhere title, so that I could download it on my PC via the MS store, I don't expect to be as good as the specific PC version, but at least it would be a very useful option.

I'm still not sure if it's worth to keep or sell my xbox, given how much games and stuff I have done in ~10 years, but TSW would be, by far, the greatest financial hit, even if I were to buy F1 2022.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There are no plans. Dtg have not said anything on it so it's probably not gonna happen for a while or at all.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So you mean you want to be able to buy an xbox license but play the game on a PS or PC???

4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

no that's not what play anywhere is. What play anywhere is you can play an xbox title on your console and your pc and progress follows you on an of the ways you play.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware, for XBox Play Anywhere, a game needs to support it at launch, as the initial SKUs are designed around it to support granting cross-platform ownership, and sharing saves via XBox Cloud. So for that we'd be looking at a TSW3.

Now, that's not to rule out the possibility of Dovetail adding some kind of cross-save feature independent of Play Anywhere, I'd expect such a system would be potentially possible through hosting saves on Dovetail's servers, but it would require a lot of work, and for something with a DLC catalogue as expensive as this, it's likely to have very few people actually use it. Most stick to buying it once on a single platform.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I see. That's a bummer, it's not like I'll kill myself, just that I will probably still play TSW on xbox until given the possibility to (at least) transfer my owned DLC.

8. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

TSW2 is sort of play anywhere. The only caveat being none of the new DLC is available for the windows store version of TSW2. Nothing past and including Rush Hour DLC is available to buy. But I have downloaded other DLC (Oakville, Tees Valley, Peninsula Corridor, etc) on pc that I bought on Xbox. My save transfers too. But this is the windows store version of the game not the steam version.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Hmm, interesting I think with the fact the RH pass isn't available anymore I think financially it still doesn't make a ton of sense. But good to know, thanks :)

10. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

Hi. Have you ever checked it? I bought all of my DLCs on Xbox Store for Xbox playing. For some time I am Game Pass Ultimate user and I was surprised that I have acces to all my routes on PC also. All DLCs before Rush Hour are downloadable and I can play on PC. All progress is cross save.

There are some issues with journey mode. For example Diesel Legends and similar addons are not visible. But the content is accesible from timetable mode. The same issue with journeys specific for locos DLCs. Some locos are also avaible but only in timetable mode.

You can check what DLC are avaible for PC on Xbox store. If there is info like in attached photo you can download DLC for PC even if you bought on Xbox before.

Attached Files:

• 111.png
      111.png
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

I missed this post. You are right. The same situation here.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I asked this question some time ago and the answer I was given was that you could only download the game, but no DLC - if the situation has already changes than that's great.

13. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Just checked this myself. It sort of works. Any DLC that I have purchaed separately on the XBOX can be installed on the PC Version. However the Rush Hour Season Ticket cannot, and even though it says I own the routes, will only let me install them on XBOX.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

You can download only DLCs released before Rush Hour, so the Cane Creek route is the last.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

Playing on Xbox Cloud Gaming you will have acces to all DLCs you have bought. Progress and achivements are cross saved between Xbox, Microsoft Store PC version and Cloud.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Xbox cloud gaming isn't like having the game installed in your system though.

I can bear having the disadvantage of not having the steam version, but not cloud gaming, there is the delay and the fact it relies on my connection.

Streaming games makes sense if you play on a portable device, or something not powerful enough to play the game. But I am planning to get a PC to handle DCS and MSFS so TSW shouldn't be a problem.

17. DavidSalazar

DavidSalazar New Member

Thanks for the suggestions.