Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get The Dlcs For Xbox Cheaper?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by max12, Apr 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. max12

max12 New Member

Does anyone know where I can get the DLCs for Xbox cheaper?

2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Nowhere, all Xbox content has to be sold through the xbox store.

Just like MSFS we miss out on alot of the DLC and publisher sales because it has to go through the Xbox marketplace for us.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

On pc unfortunately

4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Game pass may help. I think it gives u a discount when purchasing things.

5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Starter Bundles offer the best value without any sales. You can buy more than one bundle and save money over getting the content individually. It's mostly preserved routes and locos though so not anything recent. Rush Hour Deluxe Edition is also available. Everything else you'll have to give in and pay the full price or wait for a sale. The Game Pass discount is 10% for DLC, 20% for games and bundles.

As TSW2020 (game and bundles) is delisted, that's really the only non-sales savings available on Xbox. There is TSW1 still available but it will not show up in search (the entitlement for GWE and Rapid Transit will carry across to TSW2 versions).

6. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

It gives a 10% discount. We get discounts on Xbox every February 29th, more or less, that’s it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

That often? You sure? :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Only if Feb 29th falls on a blue moon and is the only Friday the 13th in the month, though.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Princess Entrapta

Ouch, when did those go? They were hands down the cheapest way to get half the preserved collection in one go, especially if it was in a sale, which is way more common for the bundles than for the individual routes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I think it was around the time they started putting up those starter bundles for TSW2. TSW2020 Collector's Edition is still available on PS4 (UK) but not Xbox.

11. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

You get the core game with Game Pass so MS make up the money by not offering DLC discounts (just a side note here - the discounts offered in things like Xbox and PlayStation are authorised and absorbed to a lesser or greater extent by MS / Sony).

I have TSW 2 on PS5 as well, and there’s just been a round of DLC discounted by 50% - pretty much everything prior to Tharandter Rampe.

Meanwhile xbox sales are not offered.

12. Princess Entrapta

Untrue. Tons of games on Game Pass have regular sales on both the core game and the DLC INCREDIBLY frequently. This game specifically is the outlier.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  13. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Maybe - personally I don’t buy anything on Xbox so I haven’t noticed - but either way, we’re talking about TSW here so discounts on other products aren’t really relevant.

14. Princess Entrapta

They're relevant when for whatever reason, one game is not like the others and sticks out like a sore thumb because of this difference. If you're in a shop and everything on one particular shelf is on sale every third monday of the month except one item, you start to ask why that is.

• Like Like x 5
  15. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

The last big sale on Xbox was mid-July 2021, but that was also when TSW2 was added to Game Pass, so that may have been a fluke sale. That's when I started playing the game, and really wish I had just splurged and bought everything that was on sale at the time.

16. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

HUGE Spring Sale on Xbox. And... surprise surprise... not even one bundle/DLC from the big TSW collection... :(

17. ukairwaysttv

ukairwaysttv New Member

CD keys are doing the xbox £40 gift cards for £37 so that's around 10% off.
    Any credit you don't use can be used later.

In addition if you go through topcashback you can get upto another 4.25% cashback.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/ecosave

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  18. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Good things come to those who wait and wait and wait and wait and wait....100X+++

Look until DTG and MS stop pointing fingers at each other four's who to blame for lack of sales nothing will ever change for Xbox players at least for the time being.

It's truly becoming ridiculous that after this long DTG still has no say in it's own games dlc sales...

19. Teenydot

Teenydot New Member

Obviously game pass duh

20. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Get gamepass

21. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

This is a shame hearing that there's rarely any sales on the xbox. I just got a Series S and was keen to get some DLC and try out the game in gen 9 but I won't bother if sales are non existent. I have pretty much all DLC I want on my PS4 but it would be nice to have a more consumer friendly way to build up some DLC on Xbox as well. I just noticed that Xbox have a specific sale on DLC and Add ons and TSW isn't included which is weird given the history of Train Simulator and sales

22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Before I got my hands on a series X, I got a series S, and I do own odd bits of content for Xbox, so I gave it a go.

To be blunt, it wasn’t great, the game is pretty unstable, and apart from layers, there’s not a huge jump in performance & visuals, where as on the series X, it was as good as the PS5, infact it runs smoother on the X than the 5.

So I don’t think you’re missing out on much, In all honesty I don’t think the series S is capable of running TSW with improved visuals, performance & timetables, it will be interesting to see where TSW ends up in relation to the series S.

The series S is a remarkable piece of kit, but I think DTG need to be careful with the specs, rather than treat their next gen builds as a one size fits all.

23. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Add-ons sale on Xbox woohoo

We all know what isn’t included, but I did manage to pick up ALL the Assetto Corsa Competizione dlc for 50% off, this is what happens when things go on sale.

• Like Like x 4
  24. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

I'm sitting on enough Microsoft Rewards points for a $100 Xbox gift card. Just waiting on a TSW2 DLC sale. I won't be buying any routes until we get a sale, even if that means waiting until the heat death of our universe.

• Like Like x 2
  25. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Same. The DLC is overpriced for what it is, IMHO, particularly the individual locos. It’s almost as if it’s priced with a view to selling at a discount, which is all very well if you’re on PC or PS which get fairly frequent discounts, but unfortunately we seldom get sales on XBOX.

26. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I believe the last Xbox sale for The DLCs was July or last year. If that’s correct, that’s awful.

• Like Like x 1
  27. edhunterfc.cf

edhunterfc.cf New Member

Go on ebay and look for the original tsw and tsw2020. I bought both for £25 and once I went throught DTG, they provided me with download codes for the dlc on tsw 2.

28. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

Do you know if that works with used copies too?

29. edhunterfc.cf

edhunterfc.cf New Member

Yes, I bought used copies from eBay.

30. edhunterfc.cf

edhunterfc.cf New Member

Just to add, I bought TSW 2020 Collectors Edition. That has quite a few DLC's bundled on it. There is also a Collectors Edition TSW 2 with 3 Preserved Routes included.

31. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I have read the whole thread and must say. There is another way to get a very good discount for all route DLCs (not loco DLCs) and that is anytime. also for the new routes.

However, I'm not sure if this is the right place for such a discussion, but feel free to contact me on Xbox or TA.

32. Princess Entrapta

I have a suspicion this is gonna be something along similar lines to how someone I know always used to pay their Old Republic subscription in roubles, using a VPN, right?