Game Keeps Crashing Since Steam Trainset

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Jun 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Since I installed the steam trainset, the game keeps crashing, and it is all randomly, and mostly when using the steam trainset, but it does happens while using other trainset, every time this happens I am sending the crash information as er the windows that opens, I then run the STEAM program file verification, which 99% of the time it says ALL 448FILE SUCCESSFULLY VALIDATED

PS as I am not a developer o any kind, I do not have direct access to the support section of the games website

2. rat7_mobile

This is an example of the crash log sent

LoginId:879ddfba4fe0a921da895ba85c03d1f8
    EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3983] Retry was NOT sucessful.

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I had this yesterday, I validated files on Steam and it found 2 corrupted files after those were downloaded I played without crashes.

5. rat7_mobile

6. rat7_mobile

Since the steam trainset was release I have done on average 10 ile verification per day, most are reporting the files as validated, and only a few times does it find corrupted files

7. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The "Retry was NOT successful" error indicates that your game files are corrupt. Verifying game files is the only way to fix it.

8. rat7_mobile

but that is the thing, I do so many verify per day, and most are saying that the 400 something file are all validated, very rarely do it says any of the file are corrupted

even with this error, I did a verify, and the result was that all files were validated

9. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

if your files keep getting corrupted that might be a different issue. Generally that tends to happen when either the game closes down unexpectedly or an update doesn't complete correctly.

I think you might have to create a new account just for support, my DTG Live account credentials don't work on that login page.

10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Do you have Sherman Hill installed? I was suffering from numerous crashes after the 31/5 and like you verified game files numerous times, as support where next to useless telling me to remove mods even though I stated in my ticket no mods installed ( clearly copy and pasted with little to no reading of the actual ticket) I took things into my own hands and completely uninstalled the game and then installed the base game, tested a few runs, then installed each DLC one by one followed by a test. Everything went smoothly and no crashes until it was Shermans Hill's turn. The absolute first run resulted in a crash as did numerous other tests on a range of routes. Uninstalled SH and no more crashes, completed the install of the rest of the routes one by one and still no crash.

I dont know what, why or how Sherman Hill was causing crashes on other routes but the facts speak for themselves.

11. rat7_mobile

that is the thing, the files are not corrupted, but somehow the game keeps crashing, and it is only since the steam trainset, and mostly when using the steam trainset, I was using the Rapid Transit to get the Mastery, and I had no issue there

that is why I always choose either SEND AND CLOSE or SEND AND RESTART, so at least DTG get somekind of report from my end

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  12. rat7_mobile

I have alll the DLC, installed, and rarely had to do any file verification for this or any other game, that is until the steam trainset came out

13. doublefine7

redrev1917 Did you try reinstall SH and if yes, does crashing reoccur? Also, did you edit your engine.ini? Did you edit any .ini-file? Just asking because it is REALLY dubious that SH crashes on you.

14. redrev1917

When testing I had no INI files modified, no mods and I was dubious as well but if I have SH installed I have crashes, if I dont I dont. I cant explain it and Ive tried all settings turning my graphics right down to the lowest level and everything in between. I usually run 1 single ini line which reduces passenger spawn levels to 0.5 (which reduces stuttering on DRA marginally) and a couple of mods to reduce the HUD size and use only the DRA 143 but as soon as I started suffering crashes I removed them to see if they were the issue.

If anyone could shed ANY light on it Id be extremely interested.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  15. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Those reports go to Epic not DTG. DTG get a summary periodically of crashes. To be really helpful, zip up the files from the report and add them to a support ticket via https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/ there is a link in the crash screen
    upload_2022-6-19_19-46-28.png

If you are getting repeated corruption there might be non game causes. Before we go there though, have you tried completely uninstalling the game and re-installing it without any mods or ini file local changes?

The kinds of things that could be a cause outside the game can be
    • underlying problems with the drive itself
    • windows file system
    • drive is nearly full
    • steam is allowed to update while you play
    The steam trains are pretty demanding of the machine so its possible you might have heat issues with your computer when its working hard too.

I would log the support ticket and get them to help you through sorting it out.

Paul

16. rat7_mobile

Thank you, Paul, however, I did stated that 99% of the time, the verification is reporting there is no corruption, also Windows10/11 is upto date, the drive was verified CHKDSK /R, and again nothing is wrong with the file systeme,

My system has an I9 the ventilation is overkill, I rarely go over 60C for the CPU and 75 for the Nvidia3090, also the RAM is 128Gb

With this same setup, I have no issue with any other game, did not have any issue before the steam trainset, I even run a flight simulator that is many time more demanding than anything on the computer and do not have any issues

Asfor sending tickets, all I can do is the main access of that link, however I can not go any further, as I am not a programer, and it is requiring the programer ID

17. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't.

18. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

what do you mean programmer ID i have never seen anything like that just sign in or sign up and the make a ticket its as simple as that anyone can do it why would they make a support service require you to have a programmer id. can you show us where you are exactly getting this issue

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. rat7_mobile

When using the ID for the game, it is refuses, since it is a "support" line it is therefore restricted to programmer with an ID and not for anybody

20. doublefine7

You have to create an extra account for the support site. You cant use the Dovetail Live Login.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You need to either create an account on the support site or use something like your Google account - of course it doesn’t know your ID in the game. A customer support site inaccessible to customers does not make any sense.

22. rat7_mobile

Well it must, as it is not accessible to customer, if you need to use a fake account and not the account for the game, therefore it is not a customer support line, it must be then reserve to insiders and not for the customers

Customer support always use the same account as the account use for the product, otherwise it is not a customer support line

23. doublefine7

Its not a fake account. You have to register an extra account so you can be contacted by the Support to provide further information.

The Platform Dovetail Live and the Support Desk are two separated entities. Thats how DTG does it.

24. rat7_mobile

That means the "customer support" is not a customer support, if DTG does it that way, it 99% means that everything send there is treated like the feedback link on all website and companies, as a direct link to the garbage can of email and is never seen by anyone and there is not even any traces of the communication

25. doublefine7

That is not true. Just because you have to get an extra account for customer support doesnt make it less valid customer support. Just register, open a ticket and stay in contact with the support.

Oh and if you dont want to get official technical support, how are we in the forum supposed to help you since 99% of the people in here are not part of DTG? We are the last ones that can offer technical support.

26. Knightfire1964

How hard is it to just accept to make a new account its a customer support line make a new account its not blimming rocket science. Write your full name and email and there bam done you have an account its not that hard I don't see why your making it seem more complicated than it is

27. Knightfire1964

Also they do reply back as I have helped many people sumbut tickets and they get reply backs I mean that was the main way for disc users to get gwe back on tsw 2 when we went over from 2020 to tsw 2

28. rat7_mobile

The things is there is no proof that it goes to the right place, like according to what I was told earlier, the SEND AND CLOSE or SEND AND RESTART are going to Epic and not DTG or STREAM, so for all I know, again this "customer support" could be going to Epic, STREAM or Mars, and some "alien" are answering and not the game maker (DTG)

Also since they would not have the game user ID, how would they even know what is going on, the proper "customer support" is to use the same user ID as the product, so there is a link to what it is the support is provided and not for programing simulator

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  29. rat7_mobile

Beside, placing the error message here is the best place to let DTG know there is a problem and the information related to it

If anyone has any information about said error, they can can then help the other user(s) that have the issue, if the error is no reported here, then any possibility of help, either by DTG or fellow users are out the window

30. doublefine7

You have obviously very little knowledge about how things get reported. The UE4 Crash-Reporter and its errors get send to Epic Games which are the creators of Unreal Engine 4 and on some times, these errors get pushed to the developers. This doesnt replace the official customer support which is given by DTG for Train Sim World via https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/ . Just create an account and open a ticket and you will get an answer within 48 hours by Support. The website LITERALLY says "DOVETAILGAMES" so its an official website. Tickets done there are going to the support and then people from DTG have a look at the issue.

Also: If you have a technical issue, please report them not only to the freshdesk-platform, also open a thread in the "Technical Reports"-part of this forum.

I really recommend that every forum gets a disclaimer: "This is not the technical report part of the forum. If you encounter a bug, please open a ticket on https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/ and report it on the technical reports-subforum"

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. rat7_mobile

Where is this subform, I have not found any form, and much less subform on the forum, the only forum that is accessible is this one

32. redrev1917

You've been told before if you dont have access to the technical support forum, reach out to JD and see what is preventing you accessing https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/technical-reports.80/

• Like Like x 2
  33. rat7_mobile

As for reporting on https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/ . since the user DI is not the same as the game user ID, that make it useless to send any report, as they would have noway then of know what it is relate to, for all I know they will think that I am reporting about any other product that DTG produce, like a word processing, if DTG is making one

34. redrev1917

You dont need a Dovetail Live log in to play the game and even if you do have an account, this is not linked with tech support which is why you need to register separately. Once you log a ticket they will talk you through on how to send them crash dumps so they can investigate and assist you further.

35. doublefine7

Again: Dovetail Live is an OPTIONAL thing and besides that, often not relevant for reporting issues (except for DTL issues). So when you open a ticket, you write in what game (TSW 2), what DLC, what platform you are on (PC Steam, XboX, Playstation), and then you describe your problem. You additionally can add files like crash dumps and screenshots to add infos. YOu dont need your Dovetail Live account ANYWHERE since its a bonus.

36. rat7_mobile

Well without proper game user ID, they would never know what game, and much any other details.
    Also that would mean that every time you create a ticket, you have to create a new "customer support" , user ID, which again is negating the whole support system

37. redrev1917

There is definitely something wrong with your account, so Id really recommend you DM DTG JD (sorry for the tag JD) so he can sort out any access issues you are having.

upload_2022-6-19_22-0-6.png upload_2022-6-19_22-0-18.png

38. doublefine7

No. You create an account and if you have other issues, you use the same account ID. There is no game user ID, from where did you got that info?

39. redrev1917

You dont need to create a new support account every time, just the first time you contact them, and I assume for data protection reasons they cant just dial into your PC and see why it is crashing which is why they'll ask you to send crash dumps and talk you through how to do it. The game is saved on your local PC not on an online server (in case this is what you think).

40. rat7_mobile

here it is :
    Platform, as if it was not yet clear PC
    problem : game crash since steam trainset
    crash dump, doe snot exisit
    screenshot, I do not have film in my camera

This is the information as I know it

41. rat7_mobile

from the game, when you start it it prompt you regularly to login

42. doublefine7

That login is fully optional and doesnt provide any data to the devs.

43. redrev1917

That is a Dovetail Live log in and whilst yes it prompts you to sign in you dont *need* to either have an account or log in. IIRC Dovetail Live is actually managed by a separate company to DTG.

For Dovetail Games Customer Support you do need an account (a different account to Dovetail Live), its a quick painless process to create an account from which you can then log as many tickets as needed.

TBH I dont know how many different ways we can tell you the same thing, and whilst we are all trying to help you, you need to start helping yourself. If you are stuggling with setting up an account take a screenshot and post it here and we can help further if needed.

44. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

That profile issue has existed for quite some time already

45. rat7_mobile

Well I do not need to create an account, I have already provided the information here, in the first 2 message, and I will repeat it here, but you can see it a few message above :

Ticket #0
    Platform, as if it was not yet clear PC
    problem : game crash since steam trainset
    crash dump, does not exisit
    screenshot: I do not have film in my camera

The first 2 messgae and what is just above, is all the information I have about the issue
    File verification was done so many times that the HDD platters must be so thin by now :-D, and there is/was no corruption of files
    HDD was done a CHKDSK /R, no issue either
    Windows was updated tfrom 10 ot 111, and again no issue there using SFC /SCANNOW

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  46. doublefine7

Again to you: This is not the official support website and nor is it the technical reports subforum. You are literally wasting your time here. We explained you what you should do to get support and we explained to you that you dont get any support here,
    Also: You argued that on the "customer support website" that it doesnt have the "game user ID". YOu dont have it here either so why do you bother?

Create an account on the support platform, open a ticket there and then, and ONLY then you will get qualified and official support.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. redrev1917

You may as well go onto Rockstar GTA forums and report it there, or better still stick an advert in your local newspaper. This isnt customer report and we don't work for technical support, (well a small number of forum members are DTG employees if we are splitting hairs).

Help them to help you by creating an account and logging a ticket in the correct manner.

48. rat7_mobile

Well yo access this forum, the game user ID need to be provided, same as the pasword

49. doublefine7

There is no "game user ID". The Dovetail Live-Login Credentials are for accessing Dovetail-Live content. It doesnt do anything other than that. And how would a "game user ID" even be relevant to support when the issue is the only relevant information?

50. rat7_mobile

and when I tried to login on the "customer support" website this is what I got
    Login to the support portal
    Enter the details below

• The email and password you entered does not match

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.