Class 165/166 Enhancement Pack.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesMezza, Jun 6, 2022.

1. JamesMezza

JamesMezza New Member

I hope armstrong powerhouse do a class 165/166 enhancement pack.

It will feature DOO, SDO (If acceptable) and all the liveries. No volumes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you hope AP will do this pack and you already know what it will feature?

It has been asked a number of times but it is unlikely because of the age of the models.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JamesMezza

JamesMezza New Member

It's beacuse AP haven't done the Network turbos yet.

4. SJA

SJA Active Member

It'd need to be a pack from scratch. The Kuju Turbo is utterly atrocious by the standards we've seen in recent times. An EP would be putting lipstick on a pig with its dated models, awful driving physics and dodgy controls.

AP have the sounds, but Richard has expressed concerns about route availability in TS, by and large due to the ageing Chiltern Mainline and its bad frame rates. We will see how things develop as the units gradually migrate further westwards.

I'll probably be a first day buyer if they do knock out a pack for it though.

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It has been requested many times, financially I would have thought it would be a no brainer if he can get access to the units, I would say it possibly is the most requested piece of stock, apart from maybe a class 47 pack.

The South Wales Coastal line could be a basis for scenarios and Western Mainlines too.

Many people I am sure, purchase his products and make their own scenarios on whichever routes they wish to.

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Right, but he looks to what is realistic. If it is not realistic, he is not interested.

7. theorganist

Class 166's run on South Wales mainline so would be perfectly realistic on South Wales Coastal and Western Mainlines. I believe they work into Devon too.

I don't know how far the 165's have strayed yet.

8. Cyclone

I agree. I think this pack is overdue, myself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SJA

SJA Active Member

There are some 165s working out of Bristol now as well. 166s are now also running on Exmouth/Exeter-Paignton, so route availability in TS now includes some Riviera Line work for them.

Presumably this hasn't gone unnoticed by those who'd fancy the big pay day of producing a quality Turbo :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. theorganist

Hopefully, he obviously got the sounds for a reason.

I would rather see a new model but even an enhancement would be better than nothing, he did a good job with the HST enhancements. Although I think that model was in a better state anyway than the class 166.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Portsmouth - Cardiff service via Southampton, Salisbury, Westbury, Bristol, Newport are now worked by class 166 units

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Definitely could do with an overhaul. As well as the 421/422/423s. If they go down the road of doing a New 421/422/423, I'm guessing it would borrow features from the 411/412 pack?

13. theorganist

I wondered if that was why they withdrew the class 421/423 sound pack, however they removed several soundpacks including things like the Deltic and the class 47 and surely he isn't developing new models of both of those.

14. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

i hope JT take a look at feedback from the metropolitan line upgrade which to be fair seems to run so much better on preview streams and take that feedback and apply it to other routes to fix the FPS issues.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What has that to do with this thread?

16. SJA

SJA Active Member

I think if JT did decide to follow the current trend of upgrading existing routes (as per their Met Line + SWEX) then, as we know, it presents a more compelling argument for a new Turbo.

I wouldn't like to speak on behalf of another forum user, but that is the logic I extracted from the post.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

what has your comment got to do with this thread. The topic is about Jt my comment was about JT it game more to the thread than your comment. Go and pester someone else your really starting to get boring.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

which is exactly what the comment was about so thank you glad you saw it for what the reason posted was. Amazing the other member is quick to ask why my post has got to do could say the same about the post they made but said member seems to like going around seeking out posts to make them look like they have some authority here.

19. Cyclone

All right, let's remember we're all friends. :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. theorganist

There are already routes AP could use, South Wales Coastal isn't exactly a badly made route for example and would be fitting for a class 165/166 pack.

Frankly I don't understand the argument about AP only making an add-on for the more recent routes! From the last few years I would say the class 165/166 is one of the most widely requested add-on/enhancements if not the most. I am sure it would sell very well and if I recall he has the sounds recorded.

Many people make their own scenarios too, I rarely play any which come with DLC, even AP ones.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

As said above c'mon everyone let's just keep it friendly - the question of relevance wasn't needed and neither was the claim of one user pesting another.

• Like Like x 3
  22. SJA

SJA Active Member

Talking of that actually, the 165/0s with Chiltern run the Marylebone-Aylesbury services, and that extension is quite nice and performs okay compared to some Chiltern Mainline sections.

Chiltern's 165s have tripcock equipment fitted though, for their runs on LUL tracks along this branch. Even more reason why it'd need to be a new pack from scratch, rather than an EP, should it be included (and maybe JT's dev team might need to feed into that - I haven't looked for the scripts personally).

But the technology exists within the sim... so who's gonna knock it out the park and make a killing? :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'd like to chip in and say I'd rather a new Class 165/166 entirely (or an EP for a hypothetical port of the TSW 166). AP using Kuju stock in their HST and Mark 3 Enhancements Packs was bad enough; let's hope they don't continue with this with the Kuju Class 166.

24. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

agreed I quite like the one in TSW would be good to have a more up to date on me on TSC

25. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

Seeing how their ''Brand New'' Mk3 Coach pack went, I wouldn't be surprised if they make Class 165/166 enhancement, and hopefully it will have more effort.

26. TundraFire

TundraFire Member

Not a chance. Richard has said that they have no intention of enhancing the Railworks/Kuju model.

• Like Like x 1
  27. dragoner

Was that statement meant for the class 166 or overall Kuju's stock?

28. TundraFire

TundraFire Member

166, they have enhanced driving Kuju stock before but that was five years ago.

29. Doomotron

They'd probably do it again though. It's the models they're reusing, and in both the HST and Mark 3 EPs they look terrible. They don't really have a base for quality with models. They use it if it's there, no matter how dated or in inaccurate it is.

30. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Sorry i am lost who would ?

31. TundraFire

TundraFire Member

Try reading what was posted beforehand.

32. dragoner

Armstrong Powerhouse, just so they can rip off customers.

33. dragoner

HSTs were enhanced 5 years ago, Mk3 coaches were enhanced month ago.

34. TundraFire

TundraFire Member

I said drivable stock.

• Like Like x 1
  35. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

we all you know have this grudge against Armstrong powerhouse and dragging it into here is not exactly doing yourself any favours either really.

And yes plenty people saw your suggestion about Piracy on the Armstrong powerhouse Youtube video showing the MK3's Here is the screenshot as proof incase you try and delete that as well i have blanked out the other people engaing in the conversation as they are not here and its not fair to show the names of them but the comment is fully viewable on the AP youtube [REMOVED - Alex]

Funny thing also with you is your quick to criticse people yet when it dont go your way you delete comments. Just like the other day when you crtiicsed a certain Train simulator streamer you rather quickly deleted ALL your comments on the steam forums.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/3416558383309550786/

Link to the forum post above as you can see you quickly deleted all your comments

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  36. Cyclone

Promoting piracy is a big no-no. Regardless of who it is or how overpriced it might be, to you.

• Like Like x 5
  37. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Amazes me people post stuff like that then think they have grounds to go running and complaining about developers and prices.

• Like Like x 3
  38. theorganist

It is frankly disgraceful that people so openly endorse piracy and disgraceful that people carry it out. It is almost as if they are bragging about it.

Whether you think something is a "rip off" or not you do not have the right to take it for free, in most walks of life that makes you a thief. And if you think AP are ripping you off, personally I don't, surely pirating their work or downloading free copies of it makes you a rather worse person?

Whilst it would be great to see a complete new HST I have no problem with the AP enhanced versions, they are certainly a big improvement on the default ones and again I would love to see a brand new class 165/166 but an enhanced version would be a big improvement on the very poor one we have available.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  39. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Can't DTG just use the TSW Class 166 model and release it as a DLC for TSC? They have already done the same with the Class 465/9 and the LNER HST. We already have the South Wales Main Line route which would be perfect for scenarios. I wish AP would do the sounds and scripting in collaboration with DTG for the base package also, so we don't have to purchase an EP separately later on.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Cyclone

The model, maybe. But it has to be programmed for TSC again.

41. AirbourneAlex

It's been done before, so I'm sure it's not out of the realms of possibility. That's up to DTG to decide, and given the high demand for a better Networker Turbo I'm fairly certain it would be popular (especially if done right with AP's magic).

• Like Like x 2
  42. Cyclone

The question is whether it is a new item or an AP enhancement. AP seems uninterested. But if DTG does a new one, then maybe AP suddenly gets an interest. Funny.

43. AirbourneAlex

Judging by a post made regarding their Mk3 coach pack (after DTG allowed them to use the model without dependencies) there will be more collaboration with these sort of things in the future. I just really wish DTG could release rolling stock DLCs in a better state to begin with, by having AP's enhancements included in the base package, both so we don't need to buy an EP later on and simply for the sake of improving DTG's reputation (their rolling stock quality in TSC has really nose dived lately). You could even increase the price a little by selling it under the 'TS Pro' category, which should cover AP's expenses.

44. Cyclone

The problem is they like having their own products and prefer to piggyback. I think people working with AP could actually help with DTG’s own payware, if DTG were to hire them and give them the room to run free.

AP said no to 700 sounds, then did the EP. My view is it makes DTG look bad, and pretty quickly, despite DTG making the best effort.

• Like Like x 1
  45. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

DTG do use external developers the developer behind the 700 is one AP have used in the past

46. Doomotron

I know, but the issues are caused by the models. The physics and sound upgrades are generally not the problem, although their recent enhancement packs have had a decrease in quality that in some cases is pretty inexcusable. Almost all complaints I've seen about the HST EPs are because of the models, not the sounds or physics or features.
    This is something that can happen and I hope does. The TSW 166 is a nice model. They've been pretty random with TSW ports so I can't guarantee it will or won't happen. The LNER HST was a strange thing to do since the ECMLS route already had an HST, and the 465/9 would have made more sense if they didn't pair it with the horribly dated 375 model. Nobody expected the Liepzig S1 Bahn to be remade in TS, and I was shocked to see the LIRR as well.
    The 700 was an interesting situation, with a bit of corporate backstabbing since AP announced the Class 700 EP and released a trailer before the base DLC had even released.

47. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

strange how can AP announce something that was not even released first ??

48. Cyclone

Just to back this, cActUsjUiCe confirmed he built the upcoming LIRR route. So I think that raises the expectations for that upcoming release now. I think the M7 was confirmed to have an external developer, as well. So yes, we expect big things.
    The same way DTG announced LIRR and it's still not released. :D

49. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Difference being DTG knew the LIRR was coming because they are releasing it.

Reread the post i replied to. AP announced the 700EP BEFORE dtg even announced the 700 ;)

COPY pasted from DooMatron comment: "The 700 was an interesting situation, with a bit of corporate backstabbing since AP announced the Class 700 EP and released a trailer before the base DLC had even released."

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  50. dragoner

How does that comment suggest piracy?