PlayStation Class 09 On Wsr In Service Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gswales, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Gswales

Gswales Member

After spending many hours driving the 09 in Service mode on the West Somerset railway I have realised that the loco becomes very slow and sluggish on the uphill gradients and makes it near impossible to keep to time. Would it not be an idea to take the train load down by 1 or 2 coaches to hopefully help the loco climbing the hills......

2. brionfire

brionfire New Member

I have found the same - but it also seems timings dont affect passing the route!

3. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

This issue is present on the PC version, and I, as well as others, have highlighted it previously. I had hoped they would have fixed it for the console version. The timetable at present is fictious, so it's not even a case of them wanting to replicate the real timetable.

A fundemental part of 'level design' in games development is that the level must actually be completable with the resources available to the player. So the 'level design' in WSR is very poor, as is the quality control at DTG. DTG must have known before the PC version was released that many Class 09 services couldn't be completed on time, yet they chose to release anyway. Then, despite feedback from PC players, they chose to ignore the issue once again and release it to console players. It's sad to see.

There are plenty of issues in the PC version that were not corrected in the console version. AI locos still lack exhaust, doors on coaches open despite not being next to the platform and you can't refuel either of the locomotives. There's also the issue on PS4 with lots of game crashes, to the point that for some the game is completely unplayable.

Much like the PZB in RT, I expect that even if DTG correct the issues for future DLC, they won't fix it for past DLC. It's a real shame and I expect it'll bite them in the long run.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MrSeanFace

MrSeanFace Member

I'm starting to get the impression that unlike developers like SCS (Euro Truck) and Expansive Worlds (theHunter) who constantly strive to squeeze every last drop of performance out of their sims and who apply an almost autistic level of attention to every last detail... Dovetail seem to lose interest once the money's changed hands.
    I've said it before, the sim looks great for the most part, but it's the many little thing they drop the ball on that soon mount up and eventually either break the immersion or down right infuriate the player. So far I've paid a triple 'A price for a buggy last gen experience.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gswales

Gswales Member

Well I am thinking of running it in Service mode tonight and uncoupling 1 or 2 coaches before heading up the line just to see if it's any better

• Like Like x 1