Static Bakerloo Consist On Gwe: Yes Or No And Why?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Feb 22, 2022.

1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

So was the class 101 which did not run between Paddington and Reading at the time, and if it had, it would have been in BR blue not blue/grey, that wasn't a barrier to inclusion, therefore no reason why this shouldn't be included. We could have a ICE in the original HST livery too as that wouldn't matter either ;).

• Like Like x 2
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I'm a firm no as well. It's not realistic. A 72 stock and a 92 stock look nothing alike. Also there are many stations in the game that have empty platforms. Having the london underground platforms at ealing broadway empty frankly would be fine. What's next? Are they gonna put the 72 stock at royal oak station on gwe. Heck you might as well put a baby bullet on the empty platform at gravesend on sehs or a ge 4/4 since it's an empty platform. It makes no sense frankly.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. tallboy7648

I think were a long way off from a Central line dlc

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

Bkl is set in 2020. Sliverlink doesn't operate on the watford dc line. London Overground does so it wouldn't make any sense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Be good to see there, even if it's just static, even better if it was used as AI

6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I'm a Yes. For the short amount of time you'll see it, it's better than empty track. But although I'm a train enthusiast, I'm not a purist. A lot of the time, particularly with UK Trains, I couldn't tell you if it was realistic or not (in this case I did know it wasn't, but still think it's better than nothing)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Also it isnt like they put a 166 or Something completely different there, it is a London Underground train on the London Underground Network, so it should be absolutely fine.
    I'd be very happy to see it, maybe also on the tube line out of Paddington.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Still better than Caltrain coming to Canada...

• Like Like x 5
  9. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I’d like to see this as AI on the tube lines, even if it’s wrong it’s still brings life to the line doesn’t it.

10. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Honestly, if they were to add tube to the royal oak lines, it'd probably be better if they reskinned an electrostar than use a 72 stock. It'd still be quite wrong, but in a different way and possibly less wrong, being a full height train as the ones on those lines are.
    [​IMG]

Tbh, I think they should do one of the sub-surface lines before doing that, though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Nobody's going to reskin anything just to place a static train.

12. Clumsy Pacer

Those I'm proposing would be moving.

13. solicitr

Nobody's going to develop a new train just for AI.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Clumsy Pacer

Which is why I proposed they do sub-surfact lines first, and others have said swap the 72 stock if/when we get the correct tube stock.

• Like Like x 1
  15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Personally Im of the mind that a wrong train is worst then no train at all, but others are of the opposite mindset and neither opinion is right or wrong. If it was an option in the menu to load "additional unprototypical trains" then everyone could be happy.

Given I dont have Bakerloo line installed Im guessing it wouldnt affect me anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  16. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

This. I do prefer nothing at all, to something that is obviously out of place. I might not think about an empty platform while driving, but wrong equipment I'll notice every time.

Sometimes it's alright, like CSX power on certain parts of NEC-BP, it's at least somewhat plausible. But something that's blatantly wrong? No thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CptAndyB

CptAndyB New Member

Yes keep it in better than nothing, 2 votes for yes here.

18. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

How? Its part of the base game

19. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

I think the train sould be in the game only if it is there IRL. Many people complained about the wrong dostos in German DLCs and now we would have a completly wrong train on GWE?
    Come on DTG! You wrote this on your own webpage : AUTHENTICALLY REPLICATED ROUTES AND LOCOS"

• Like Like x 3
  20. Clumsy Pacer

On PC, you can delete the Bakerloo's files.

21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

While you're of course right to some extent, it is probably good ti distinct between a full-price DLC and free content enhancement. Route like HRR or SKA also see frequent use of high-entry Dostos, but those came with their own content and Dostos were a bonus added as a layer from MSB, not paid for in the DLC itself.

22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Not to sure. I discovered these trains were really driving there, but of course you would need a different livery. It makes me think they intended to do this, but simply ran out of money.

23. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I’m in favor of it. I feel like gameplay and fun are more important than 100% accuracy.

Of course, this particular thing adds zero gameplay and maybe 30 seconds of fun per play. So I wouldn’t freak out if it wasn’t added. It’s the spirit of the idea (do more, be more creative) that I like more than anything. This approach is what got us a really great timetable on London Commuter. They should at least try to add stuff to the greatest extent possible.

Compare that to the original TSW1 LIRR release, which should have had Amtrak AI from Day 1, but never got it. (Adam’s team should be all over adding that now that Amtrak is back in the game.)

• Like Like x 3
  24. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Yes, its a game not a sim so why not

• Like Like x 2
  25. bpbill96

bpbill96 New Member

I'm very much for it staying in. I would rather have more life added.

26. solicitr

Them's fightin' words...

• Like Like x 2
  27. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

I would say that with caution. While the Caltrain Baby Bullets look outwardly similar to the stock used in Toronto, the internals are different and they are a lower horsepower variant of the locomotive, with between 400HP and 1,800HP less, depending on the variant. This makes me wonder if the Baby Bullet will actually be capable of pulling the extremely long and heavy trains found in Toronto. I’d also say that there is a distinct difference from using a London deep-level tube train on a London deep-level tube line and using a Californian commuter train on a Toronto regional rail line, but that is ultimately just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I'm a purist and not one for wrong type of stock on routes/era's etc. The class 40 on WCL being an example! However, with this one being tube stock, I don't mind that it's not the exact type of tube stock, happy to see it placed although would of preferred AI movements.

• Like Like x 2
  29. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

^This. Wouldn't it be great if DTG actually stuck to this? I reckon if it is the wrong train/livery then it should not be in. It maybe only a static train but for people who want some sort of authenticity then it is a no. I would actually say yes if they were going to replace it later but we all know that will not happen either.

I'd also like to know is this going to affect the GWE pres route updates if it is included? If it is then you have another reason not to include it.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Clumsy Pacer

It probably took all of 1 minute to put it in if that's what you're getting at.

31. dhekelian

I don't think DTG are that good. Are you calculating 'testing' into that as well?;)

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

People be saying that it's good to have the 72 stock train there until the proper train would be added. I don't get that statement. Considering the flurry of issues with the Bakerloo line, a Central line dlc which is much longer and has way more stations simply won't happen for a very long time if ever.

Thinking that a central line dlc will come is simply unrealistic at this time

• Like Like x 1
  33. tallboy7648

The train that runs on the passenger lined in Oakville are MP40s which is completely different from a MP36. MP36s don't run on that line so they would be adding a fully inaccurate train on that route

• Like Like x 1
  34. Clumsy Pacer

I wasn't including testing, but:
    To put it in, load the editor, load in Bakerloo, place a static consist, save. To test, load up the game, spawn on foot at Ealing Broadway, check it's there.

Excluding loading times if either takes much more than a minute I'd be very worried.

35. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

And MP54s as well, they’re the ones that produce 1,800 more HP. I think MP54s are the main rolling stock on the on the Lakeshore East and West lines (Oakville is Lakeshore West) rn, and the MP40s cover GO’s other 5 lines, but I may be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

I forgot about the MP54. A powerful passenger beast :)

• Like Like x 1
  37. redrev1917

On one hand you have Matt saying he cant understand why people dont class TSW as a proper sim, then on the other hand he signing off adding the wrong train in the wrong livery on the wrong route.

Like I said previously theres no right or wrong answer on if the tube stock should be included in GWE, but dont be surprised when people say its not a sim.

• Like Like x 3
  38. tallboy7648

Exactly. If dtg are trying to make it a true situation experience, adding inaccurate trains doesn't make it a true simulation experience

39. Clumsy Pacer

Pretty sure he said he doesn't understand why people class it as an arcade game.

It's a bit of a moot point anyway. People class TS1 as a proper sim and they've recently released a Just Trains route in the Midlands with First Great Western HSTs and 166s going around the place.

40. redrev1917

Not my recollection, but either way its just semantics as it cant be an arcade game and a sim at the same time in my head.

41. dhekelian

That is what I was struggling with when they said TSW2 was not a game but a sim. A sim is to reflect reality as closely as possible, adding stuff which shouldn't be there is surely going against this, mind you they have done it before and will do it again.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  42. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

If only the polls weren’t abused recently eh. I’d rather more life in the scenery than a stray train that don’t run there

• Like Like x 2
  43. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Is it beyond Dovetails ability to give us the option?
    Bare sidings for purists and packed ones for the rest of us.

Failing that, could a modder provide the illusion of the correct vehicle to cool their fevered brows...
    Personally, I'll just view it as an early prototype in it's "beta" testing phase.

• Like Like x 2
  44. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I think yes, personally. Better to have something there than nothing, besides they'll be little more than a blur in a HST at speed.

45. redrev1917

Exactly - a simple option on if you want to load additional none prototypical traffic shouldnt be too hard for them to include. Afterall its just telling the game yes I want to load more assets or not.

46. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think modders will be able to delete it rather easily, not sure about replacement as it takes it from BKL, so changes to it would affect another route quite heavily.

47. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen as what’s there in real life, I’m going to go with “yes” to put in the 1972 stock

if any dlc that was closer to what it is in real life releases in the future then there’s always an opportunity their for an upgrade

• Like Like x 2
  48. dhekelian

Yeh, but we all know that will not happen. Look at how long we have to wait for these preserved updates and still waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  49. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Honestly a wrong tube train is better than no tube train. Rather have filled than empty rails

• Like Like x 3
  50. Victor4815

Victor4815 Member

Was it added with today's update?