Being A Proper Nit-picker

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by argyle_smurf, Jun 21, 2022.

1. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

I just want to be that really annoying 'well ackshually' guy for a minute...

I love the updates to GWE, I think you guys have done an awesome job bringing the route to life.

BUT
    On the PIS, services towards Malvern have a stop at Worcestershire Parkway. That station hasn't been built yet when the route is set...

I'm sorry. I'm only extracting the micturation, honestly. Great work.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It is a fair comment...

3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Certainly a fair comment, especially considering everytime the topic of GWE content comes up, DTG are all to eager to remind us of the 2015 setting.

In any case, the enhancement is a huge step up over what we had.

4. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Looks like someone used modern day stopping stations list as the PIS at Reading also shows Reading Green Park station on the Basngstoke services. I had to chuckle as I thought has that station opened yet?? Google was like no maybe later in 2022.

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess they forgot the route was set in 2015 and not 2022. Perhaps a class 800 DLC is possible after all ;)

6. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Let's just assume this route is set in an alternate universe where Worcestershire Parkway opened much earlier than it did in our universe. Heck it's not the only difference from real life- all the trains are in GWR green while in our universe only a small percentage had the livery in 2015 (you don't need to remind me why we didn't get FGW Blue, everyone on this forum knows why).

Another difference is that in this parallel universe TfL decided to allocate 1972 stock trains to the Central line (for the record I'm completely in favour of this addition, adds some welcome variety).

• Like Like x 3
  7. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Time travel and/or parallel universes confirmed????

8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Also GWR have ditched all the class 165's and have managed to use their entire class 166 fleet to work stoppers to Reading, stoppers to Greenford, expresses to Bedwyn and Oxford and cover the Thames Valley branches, so suddenly the residents of Bourne End get a 3 car class 166, for when it gets really busy!

Clever GWR, a miracle of biblical proportions!

• Like Like x 1