Communication From Dtg Regarding Downtime

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Jun 19, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I was just curious about the lull DTG mentioned we’ll go into as fixes etc are made.

Is there any possibility of understanding how long the lull will be and specific focus.
    How will progress updates be delivered?
    Will there be any retrofitting of features in this time?
    Are Rivet going to be fixing the 150 during this lull?

Thanking you

• Like Like x 2
  2. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I too would like to know the specific focus. For instance, would be nice to know if each, or what, route is going to get major bug fixes. If this is the case, I'd be happy to note down existing bugs which need fixing if it would help DTG to address more quickly etc.

3. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I personally think this lull should (not will) be fairly short. I form that opinion by the previous roadmap stream, when JD and Matt were discussing the long term fixes, specifically the PS5 (now all platform) DLC and crashes issue, again based on what Matt said and the Xbox audio issues, again what Matt said.
    Does the mean that there will be a short lull, considering half the major projects are virtually there?
    Or is it something else going on?

4. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Well, there is a ton of bugs to fix. The "lull" could easily be around 1 year...but i highly doubt that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

My guess is that the majority of the creative teams will carry on as normal, working on the next projects.

It will only be the release dates that will delayed which frees up release dates for the preserved updates.

Hopefully this will allow for more testing any new content before release.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ive got a question for a dev ideally, regarding the 150 physics and potential modding whilst we wait/hope for a proper fix. If I made a 4 car 150 then turned the rear 2 off. I would be pulling extra weight and therefore be slower.
    Could this result be also be achieved simply by changing the weight value in the files of the 2 car unit? Would it recalculate all the physics from that tonnage listing?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Not really. As from about 30-35mph upwards it’s mostly fine. It’s the initial 0-30 surge that’s unrealistic so if you altered the weight details of the vehicles, it would be super slow above 40 mph thus even worse.

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see if the next roadmap picks this one up….