Steam Summer Sale Now Live

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Disintegration7, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

For anyone not aware the Steam summer sale is now live. Looks like just about everything TSW2 related is on discount, but some of the bigger highlights (disclaimer these are for the US Steam store, not sure if they do any regional pricing):

80% off- HMA, LGV, Glasgow

70% off- TVL, ECW, WSR, Penn Corridor SF-SJ, HRR, RRO, DB BR 155, BR Heavy Freight pack, Class 33 (WSR), Class 52 (WSR), DB BR 182

My wallet is glaring at me right now lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'm torn between WSR and TGV.. decisions decisions there's also a 45% discount on Isle Of Wright which is jumping up at me (there's similar for WCL and Arosa but I've got Arosa and WCL triggers my OCD

3. Blartthaniel42

Blartthaniel42 Well-Known Member

I can say that WSR is a good short route for if you just want to kick back and take it slow. Plus the two loco dlcs for it are really good (and also 70% off). As for TGV, I don’t have that one, but I plan on getting it during this sale.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Probably going to get HMA, Glasgow, HRR, and RRO. There's also a SEHS/Class 465 bundle for 51% off, i'm considering.

In the process of switching over from Series X to PC, so I'm really trying to only buy on deep discount and German content is my biggest gap in my PC collection at the moment.

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

and that's nice, the few missing are 70% off
    mission accomplished
    BR o7

• Like Like x 1
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Do you like preserved stuff and br diesels? Do you like going at low speeds and looking at the scenery. Wsr is a 20mile route but it takes 90 minutes to get from end to end. Both loco dlcs are fine but they only sub in and add the usual scenarios. If you can handle slow and scenic routes, then get this route. There's also challenging grades which can make the 09 a pain to drive lol

If you like high speed going the fastest in tsw and quick services with the tgv, then get the route. The train is complex to drive, you got power changeovers. Scenery and catenary and stuff aren't the best since most of it was built using the autogen feature. Safety systems are fun to use.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  7. rennekton#1349

If I knew these massive sales were happening, I would have waited until now but I already have most of the content so I have very little left to buy lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rennekton#1349

Sehs and the 465 are good. Since you're on pc, you also get mods and stuff which makes it even better.

• Like Like x 2