Ecw Class 313 Still Broken?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Jun 24, 2022.

1. I have not used the 313 for ages due to issues with brakes.

This morning I have tried it again but the braking issue is still present!

Is it a bug? It must be a bug!

Where you go into brake step 1 and the brake cylinder stays at 0 psi but the brake force is like emergency braking.

In the dry it's not really a problem but in wet conditions I keep sliding thru stations!

This is really annoying. More so that it's been months and not been addressed.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Still broken... Another DTG fire and forget product.

• Like Like x 6
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Turn off the dynamic braking on the back panel which is how it's actually driven so it'll stop like the 314. That's the only solution for now

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

The brakes are simply not as important as Pringles Vending Machines. Enjoy a snack instead!

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. My driver said that's the final straw! He's calling a union meeting.

• Like Like x 3
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Isolate the dynamic braking - is not used IRL as well, that's the cause of the issue. Motors (both in acceleration and dynamic braking) are too strong.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This bug was supposed to be a day one patch according to DTG… I’ve barely driven the 313 because of its weird and broken physics. It’s simply acts as background scenery for me, until it’s actually fixed.

• Like Like x 5
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yep I remberm Matt said he was going to talk with the guy who did the physics as such... oh well just another day one patch for DTG

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've just seen a few other posts regarding this with no comments from dtg at all. This is not acceptable!

Although there is a work around. I.e turning off dynamic braking, as a user that has paid for this dlc, why should I have to come on a forum to find a work around when it would take some one from dtg what... 5 mins to set the dynamic brakes to off by default!

• Like Like x 3
  10. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

No idea if the prototype behaves that way in real life, but if, for some reason, operators do not use it real life - has to be a reason - then it is pretty silly to complain about behaviour if you insist on using it in the sim. Matt did point out that it is isolated by operators. True, DTG could disable it by default, but then you will have the usual suspects whingeing about that too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I don't insist on using it. I didn't know that was causing the problem either. This is my problem, if dynamic braking causes serious problems then it should be disabled by default or atleast some kind of instruction to tell players to disable it should be implemented. But dtg have just kept quiet about it and not done anything about it either. Matt mentioned it in a live stream but not everyone watches all of matts streams.

And also it doesn't lock the brakes on every time you brake. It's intermittent. So it needs fixing.

If you bought a new car and the brakes didn't work properly, would you just ignore it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if the uk diesels we have, are made by dtg it self or from a second party (maybe bossman games)?

They have a rather good quality, and sometimes for me its hard to believe those are actually made by dtg it self.

For example the Railpool 185 brake indicators still dont work. And everything else when it comes to fixing rolling stock takes way too long.

Ntp tanker wagons and coaches have a broken numbering.

13. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Switching off broken features with the excuse "it is not used in RL" cannot and must not be the solution. Reminds me strongly of all the broken sounds of the German locos. You hear nothing? You want sound? Just open the window! These are all pathetic excuses!

DSD is also still broken. The excuse for this was switch it off it makes no difference in its broken state.

The fix was already worked on in October 21, so where is that fix? Forgotten like all the other fixes that are promised or announced here again and again?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Those units are nearing the end of their lives, so think it's a maintenance/spare parts issue. I'd imagine less strain on the motors, like the Class 465

15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That, and the fact that for some reason British railways recoil from dynamic brakes the way vampires do from holy water.

Anyway, I have no problem driving trains in prototypical fashion, and if that conveniently switches off buggy systems like the dynamic brake and nonexistent DVD, so much the better. One could only wish DTG made this configuration the default (as with the 465).

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yeah... odd, I always wondered why the Class 66 (which is built with standard EMD parts also used in the US) always lacked dynamic brakes... I always assumed there would be a problem packaging the resistors (and subsequent heat managment) on the smaller loading gauge, but I'm not sure if it that makes a lot of sense.
    Agree, it just so happened in this particular case it worked out... but I agree - at the very least it should be switched by default.

17. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I think it's dtg who made the locos. Probably good since dtg is in the uk and if classic br blue stuff was done incorrectly then it would cause a huge uproar. They've got decent sounds too.