PlayStation Nec Speed Limits

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ibanez074, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Very frustrating service mode run last night. Trying to keep to the timetable when the speed limit constantly changes. It could be displaying say 100mph but then the next limit pops up as 60mph so there's no point! Are all the services like that on NEC?! I'm talking a speed change every mile or less.
    Also getting caught out by speed limits that suddenly appear on the cab screen - could be rolling a long at 50mph then suddenly the brakes apply and the new limit is Approach 25mph without pre warning...

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah it happens on the other routes too. It happens a lot when going over the points when you have to reduce speed in case of a derailment (tho I am not sure if it does it in the game but certainly in real life). It’s as if the sections of reduced speed are so small that it hardly registers. You will find anyway over time you’ll learn the route and the speeds by way of repeating it so often

• Like Like x 1
  3. idiosis

idiosis Member

Are you using ACSES & ATC?

4. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Yes I am

5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Thanks! I'll have a read

7. idiosis

idiosis Member

Whenever I turn on ATC & ACSES there's a point where the ADU displays Restricted and I have to crawl along the tunnel at around 15 - 20 mph. Is that working as intended?

8. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

This is NOT working as intended. The last signal in Penn Station before entering the Hudson River tunnels is displaying Green/Red, which means CLEAR. The ADU is not properly reflecting that. You should be operating under a Clear signal the entire time you're in the Hudson River tunnel on your way to New Jersey.

Signals within Penn Station itself will always show RESTRICT in the cab regardless of the signal indication (Clear, Approach, etc.) But the last signal before entering the tunnel should always conform to what the signal is displaying.

I hope this makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  9. idiosis

idiosis Member

Makes sense cheers. Only problem is once I exceed 20 mph all hell breaks loose and the emergency brakes kick in. Probably best to leave those warning systems off then?

10. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Yeah the track speed in the tunnel is 60mph after leaving the station but anything over 15/20mph causes the emergency brakes to cut in. So I should really be able to do 60mph?

11. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Which system do I need to disable to be able to do the proper speed limit? I always play with all systems active so not a fan of doing this!

12. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

If the systems worked properly then you would have a Clear indication on the ADU and allowed to go 60MPH.

Disable ATC and ACSES to do it without risk of penalty brakes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. idiosis

idiosis Member

So is this likely to get fixed? Between this, PZB not working properly and WSR flat out crashing constantly I feel like I've spent £60 on something a bit half-baked.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Suppose I could disable it just for the tunnel section. Still can get my head around the relentless speed limit changes though!!

15. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

If DTG takes the time to go back and fix it, then yes itll get fixed