A Thank You To The Preservation Team

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Jun 20, 2022.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Preservation Crew about this really nice update of GWE!
    I noticed the improvements on HST for both the locomotives and cars.
    Also the updated Class 166.
    Nice about the branded / colorful container trains!
    Also the static trains on yards.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I really don’t know what all the fuss is about with the timetable, works perfectly for me. Does nobody like a challenge anymore? I got to one stop a whole minute early once without speeding or harsh braking. Just takes a bit of skill

• Like Like x 1
  3. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

You talking about me by any chance? Please tell me of a cause I could now take up that would really annoy you and I'm sure I could fit it in as it is all about you isn't it?

Really pleased GWE has finally dropped and the encouraging words said here can't wait to have a go. I have had to start from scratch and currently going through some tutorials as I have not touched for so long :|. I'm currently driving a 52 only me RailDriver seems to be playing up, I cannot select forwards. Can't wait to try the 166 and HST though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

To answer my own question, after testing some more, it seems like its a controller issue. Using a 360 wired pad causes the glitches when accepting prompts. If I use the mouse instead, even with the pad connected, no issues. Strange....

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ghawk2005

930F92BE-FA61-4BEB-982D-83AFC0862452.jpeg

Bags of time to spare !

6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. ghawk2005

Yes I don’t normally stop that short - just left it to do it’s thing while I went and grabbed my phone for the photo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there are a few trains on TSW where "forwards" on the raildriver goes past forwards in game and straight to engine only or off... I seem to remember "full forward" on the 52 being one of these where it's EO rather than FW, so try moving the reverser part forwards and you should be OK

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. dhekelian

I thought it might be just me. I did try moving the lever fully in both directions to see what I could get and it seemed Forwards was the one option I couldn't get. Will try later and perhaps calibrate it again. Thanks though.

10. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

The GWE update is lovely, and I was able to stick pretty well to the timetable in the Class 166. If real life drivers threw it pretty much straight into Notch 5, then up to Notch 7 by around 10mph, and that is now how you have to drive it in game, then that’s a win in my book.

This update seems to have gone really well. I hope that future updates are as smooth!

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I get wheelslip if I go to 7 much below 25

12. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

That’s odd, as I don’t think I’ve ever gotten wheelslip with the 166. What weather/month settings are you using?

• Like Like x 2
  13. ARuscoe

Just tried on the GWE:DL 52 and yeah, you need to move it about 2/3 forwards but not all the way to avoid going into Eo

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. dhekelian

Do I calibrate it like that then?

15. ARuscoe

no reason to. It's a quirk of the 52 that Eo is beyond forward. Most have Eo between backward and forward

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. dhekelian

Thanks for your help I'm sure that will solve it. I'm struggling to get back into TSW2, I think it is my own fault for not having played for so long and the PC update means I have had to start from scratch which isn't a problem really. I'm hooked in a cricket game at the moment, which lets you download mods and a modded football game I keep going back to plus other solid games like CK3.

I tend to stick to one or two games (used to be TSW) where I can have the most enjoyment. I have waited for the GWE updates for so long, now they are here it won't hurt if I wait a bit longer. I'm sure the enthusiasm will return but it isn't here at the moment.

17. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Another small change, but for me a huge immersion booster, is that the phones & gsm-r now can be used to call the signaller. Also most trains & locomotives get that feature.
    Just cool to have a hudless flow without going into menues. Same for the working buttons on many signals.

This small details make the difference for me to enjoy tsw alot more.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ARuscoe

Shame they haven't implemented GSM-R controls like the AP ones on TSC... A fairly small thing to add as it doesn't interact with any other system in game, but it means the setup process is "fuller"

• Like Like x 2
  19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Same here. I just mentioned in another thread that TSW has slumped to the bottom of my play list. New routes and steam to explore in TSC, Donner Pass for Run 8, grinding Snowrunner and a renewed interest in ATS and ETS2. The latter two really show up TSW in the lighting department, not sure if SCS have upgraded the game engine but everything looks so vibrant and the night lighting is gorgeous. Headlights work, ambient light where it needs to be in particular towns and cities unlike TSW’s rendering which is more akin to some sort of candle lit post apocalyptic zombie land.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I have to admit, something similar is happening in my case. Real life is exceptionally busy for me right now and that means I have to be more selective in what I play. This resulted in me probably spending more time playing Zusi than TSW for now as it offers what I’ve been craving for in TSW for so long - lots of German vintage content (in particular the Br 110 and Br 218 lately).

• Like Like x 3
  21. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I find forward in the 52 about 3/4 of the way up. Helps that on my RD reverser the spring snapped ok the reverser lever so I can position it easy enough

• Like Like x 1
  22. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Well... we may thanks to Preservation crew for this really great update... but I believe some "passengers" does not have the same feeling!

TSW2 - GWE - PASSENGER WRONG 2.JPG
    TSW2 - GWE - PASSENGER WRONG 3.JPG
    TSW2 - GWE - PASSENGER WRONG.JPG
    Those ones, are not happy with Rush Hour feature!

:mad:

• Like Like x 3