Not Legible To Read

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by yanceyg, Sep 16, 2018.

1. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

About 99% of the words inside the CSX Locomotive is NOT legible like the PC version. It's blurred and extremely hard to read. This is unacceptable for a PS4 game. Please fix.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Otto

Otto New Member

You are correct Yancey. This happens all the time with the games on PC getting ported to console. I think the developers sit in front of a TV that's on their desk the same way they sat in front of a PC terminal. It's about 18 inches away from them and everything looks fine. They never seem to realize that when you're playing a console you're most likely sitting on the couch that's 6-8 feet away. This has happened many many times in the past and sadly it's happened here.

• Like Like x 2
  3. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

I get what you're saying. But when you sit in the engineer's seat you cannot read the buttons. Even up close. It's sad actually.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Photos, anyone? In most cases, screenshots would be appropriate, but here it seems that photos taken from the player-to-screen would be more useful. yanceyg writes of visual problems "even up close" -- how far away is that?

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrSeanFace

MrSeanFace Member

Here's just one example to start with, the control stand in the GP38. The decal/sticker on the stand is fine but the texture map for the control stand itself has been down scaled into oblivion. Also go take a look in the fuse cabinet on the GP40 and then compare that to the GP38. Both fuse cabinets are identical in layout, yet the GP38's texture is a pixelated mess whereas the GP40's is perfectly legible. Why? Quality control and Dovetail just don't mix.

6. MrSeanFace

MrSeanFace Member

Here's some more examples of quality control being thrown out the window with regard the visuals.

Poor Quality Visuals 01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrSeanFace

MrSeanFace Member

And another...

Poor Quality Visuals 02.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Otto

Otto New Member

I already sent in photos to the Support website showing how hard it was to read the distance to next station circle because the numbers were white and it was always in the sky. I was told by the support team to adjust the contrast on my television ?!?

• Like Like x 1
  9. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

Basically, the words that describe buttons, switches, or whatever have poor resolution. Every word throughout the entire game should be legible.