Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's also good if the company would go back and clean up it's mess before potentially making another not so good product

• Like Like x 9
  2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It's also good to fix previous dlc's before moving on to a new project but hey-ho, here we are..

• Like Like x 5
  3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Fix you're hot pile of garbage DLC, before you move to another hot pile of gabbage.

• Like Like x 4
  4. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

How hypocritical are you? You had more than enough information given to you prior to the release of your WCL DLC (sounds, physics info, knowledge of the area from residents). As an ambassador/front man of 'your own company', you chose to ignore this and then release a ridiculously poor DLC. Need I go into more detail? (Morning sunlight regardless of the time of day, Class 150 physics and sound implementation, which you still refuse to fix and therefore, WILL have a detrimental impact on customer base going forward!)

Quite insulting that you don't appear to acknowledge the mess that was released and to add on top of all of this, DTG had to postpone release and then add non-prototypical locos, e.g. Class 40, just to make the route appear a little more life like.

Finally, I will not continue to talk about the Class 150, as I'm sure there is at least 10+ forum members who can give you a vast amount of criticism, based on what you have actually produced. Perhaps you should stay with TSC going forward..

Or better still, DTG should actually rethink their 3rd party QA strategy, so that we actually receive a well deserved DLC at £24.99 a pop...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Rivet certainly haven’t helped themselves with the radio silence, despite there being tonnes of feedback and help regarding the issues.

To say there are no plans to fix it is just a slap in the face.

You want people to continue to support and purchase your products? Fix your broken content first.

• Like Like x 8
  6. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Personally I quite enjoy Rivet's content. To each their own.

• Like Like x 2
  7. alexjjones6024

Never heard of River but you are entitled to your opinion. It still needs fixing and I will keep fighting this until they actually get it together and become more reliable with what they produce. It starts here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. marcsharp2

That was autocorrect, I've altered it. Just seems to me that a lot of the criticisms come from people thinking they are being forced to buy their stuff. Don't want it don't buy it, It's that simple.

9. alexjjones6024

No, I wasn't forced to buy it, I wanted to drive a class 150 on a route. They produced both, but not to a standard that is acceptable and there is reasons for that. This has been a talk for a long time and until they take responsibility and fix it, I will keep opening my mouth.

You carry on enjoying it and I'll carry on protesting a fix, it's that simple.

• Like Like x 5
  10. marcsharp2

And do you think that'll make them go any faster? Ranting and raving on a forum?

11. alexjjones6024

Well where else are they listening to the feedback? Why are none of their replies positive, or even acknowledging the issues at hand? So yeah, support tickets don't work, they don't listen on their forum, YouTube channel, Facebook, here.

So yeah, I will continue.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Yap on PS5 have the same problem

13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

That’s a good point . I remember when diesel legends was released and loads of people were moaning about it , and I kept thinking ‘if all you keep complaining , why did you buy it?’

• Like Like x 2
  14. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Could the new us route be the MBta commuter rail Haverhill line or Worcester line?

15. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

At this point it could be anything that fits as being track within the jurisdiction of the USA

16. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I remember a lot of people saying that they were not going to buy it and didn't. Personally, I was firmly in that camp as well until I saw the mods that came out for it so I then purchased it but without those mods I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole. Can't speak for everyone though.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. tallboy7648

I didn't buy it

• Like Like x 1
  18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

That’s irrelevant to my point , I never claimed you did buy it

19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think they're saying "I didn't buy it, still complaining though and may well complain until they fix it (so have nothing to complain about)"

• Like Like x 1
  20. derek#2931

derek#2931 Well-Known Member

This has just became a moaning thread about tsw dlcs and third party content

• Like Like x 2
  21. ARuscoe

Posts on this forum generally do, but then there are bug lists as long as my arm for each of them so it's hardly unjustified

• Like Like x 5
  22. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

if we make our voices heard to rivet, they could change. if we make our voices heard to rivet games, they could potentially feedback what has been said, and consider it. i know i sound harsh here but if we want the best rivet games products, something that we can all agree on, we need to make sure rivet games are accountable for when they slip up, its as simple as that, and with rivets inconsistencies. it does beg the question of what loco is going to come next, lets just say, if rivet games wants to improve, they need to get their act together and work with the community, if we say nothing to rivet games about their inconsistencies, rivet games will keep making the same mistakes over and over again, and potentially more, and that is something the community doesn't want

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  23. ARuscoe

Not sure how "working with the community" is going to help per se
    No matter what they decide to do "someone in the community" is going to disagree and say they should be making something else (has happened with almost every DLC released so far)

• Like Like x 1
  24. derek#2931

derek#2931 Well-Known Member

Aye lad I hear ya cheers for that mate

• Like Like x 1
  25. dhekelian

While I agree that there will be someone somewhere to complain but at the same time I think it is a good thing on the whole as it shows what the company is doing right and doing wrong. If the DLC is good you will get less complaints. I got the IOW DLC and liked it, still do but some of the scenery does let it down, the sea for example.

For me 'working with the community' could be listening to the feedback to them and they explain if they can do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

My point was just because a person didn't buy a dlc doesn't mean they can't have their criticisms or said dlc. I have criticisms of London-Brighton because of the stability problems and because of that I didn't buy it. There are some that have criticized other games even though they didn't buy it like NASCAR 21 for example.

• Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

Working with the community coule be getting feedback on a product in production for instance. There were some in the community that wanted to give Rivet reference material for West Cornwall Local but rivet apparently didn't use material offered by some in the community and fell on deaf ears. I see no harm in asking the community for help or feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  28. ARuscoe

Sometimes the feedback the community gives IS harmful, but normally with some justification (such as radio silence)
    That's why I advocate the few weeks lead in for release. The pre release srteam is often the first time people see these things and when feedback happens "properly".
    There was even a history of such things where a loco on the Somerset route had the wrong shaped bar on it, and this got changed following customer feedback... Unfortunately pre-release streams are now after the testing phase but before dev end so such things don't seem to happen as much

29. ARuscoe

Hmm... that last bit would be the troubling part for me (knowing the community over several years)
    As an example on the 150 we (the community) said "The 150 doesn't sound or work the way you've done it and to release it in this state would be a travesty". There is no doubt that the physics could have been worked on and the sounds remixed so they "could have done something" but didn't
    Obviously the last few months have generally involved several "community members" ripping them a new one

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's I think a nominally more constructive position to say "I will buy it if and when you fix it."

• Like Like x 2
  31. dhekelian

I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Oh well. I'm sorry that I was smiling about the post I replied to earlier in this thread, I had a good time reading it. :)

I don't know what the critic about "radio silence" really is - we've been quite active on all our platforms ever since, and we don't want to change that anytime soon. Yeah, we could answer a "Thank you" after each post, feels a bit weird though don't you think?
    We've heard the feedback (and stated so multiple times) and you can be sure that we're discussing what we can do internally. BUT, announcing a bugfix before it's live has gone wrong with many other devs, so we rather keep quiet for now and stick to the "it's not on the roadmap" phrase. Oh and sometimes it's the QA process we have to run through that can quite a bit of time as well (not trying to shif the focus away from us!).

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. ARuscoe

The first is answered by the second.
    When you say "We are NOT working on this" or even not saying anything all is different to saying "we're working on it, bear with us" or even better "Hey, we know we royally screwed up your favourite train, please send us as much information as humanly possible so we can make it the best train in the game"

DTG's policy of "If it's not on the roadmap" only worked when there WAS feedback in other ways (mainly Sam). Their own version of radio silence is currently harming their reputation too

• Like Like x 12
  34. tallboy7648

The "if it's on or not on the roadmap" was done well and worked when there was actual feedback so players knew what to expect. Radio Silence only harms a company's reputation and it's hurting DTG too.

• Like Like x 6
  35. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

As to Northern Trans-Penine route, it was indicated it have Rush Hour passengers.
    But I made a timetable run, which only stop on one station, but all the rest of the stations I passed by were completely empty!

Before this update you usually see at least some persons - 2 or 3 on any station.

I was driving the BR Class 45, but there were other trains there, like some Class 101, and other Class 45.

As I have mentioned on other thread, the behavior of passengers is really strange now.
    For example:
    You are on the departing station, you have to open the door, and all passengers aboard, leave the train!.
    You are making timetables with no passenger at all.
    Or you depart a terminal station with no passenger at all.

• Like Like x 3
  36. ARuscoe

People seem to have taken the saying "Rush Hour Passengers" to mean LOTS of passengers at all times, when it really means "the passenger mechanic rolled out as part of the Rush Hour update of 2021". Unfortunately that mechanic involves most passengers getting off after one stop and not too many getting back on again. Hopefully this will be fixed in a next major update

• Like Like x 7
  37. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comment
    But please notice I have clear, Rush Hour does not mean lots of passenger.
    For that reason I mentioned before this update, there were at least 2 or 3 passengers on all stations.
    Now after it, ... None!
    So clearly they applied the "Not at all"-Rush Hour passenger system.

• Like Like x 3
  38. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

There's plenty of times they've acknowledged feedback. But hey, carry on being a keyboard warrior.

39. tallboy7648

In some instances as well, stations during peak times are empty as if they didn't even add rush hour passengers. Good concept but poorly executed unfortunately. These are issues that need to be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  40. alexjjones6024

Lol, a keyboard warrior? I'm literally one of nicest people you would wish to meet. I had just waited and waited to give a class 150 a bash (like in TSC) on my console and I was distraught with it. That is why I am so uptight about it all. I felt removing it from sale prior to release (the 2 week adjustment they made) would sort of give them time to check the simugraph and so on, just to give it the love that it deserves/deserved.

I will continue to live in hope that there will be a fix.

• Like Like x 4
  41. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Nice people don't wish bankruptcy and job losses on people just because they don't like one of their products.
    You can be one or the other but you can't be both.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Thats a long winded way of saying we don't give a toss. Let's face it, rivet should be removed from any partnership with DTG. Everything you have released is a bugged mess. Rivet are incompetent, and i mean that. You refuse to fix anything. The best thing DTG Can do is get rid of Rivet.

• Like Like x 7
  43. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

How?
    Have you not read his comment?

Hentis

44. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

It's evident you couldn't care less.

• Like Like x 4
  45. marceldiehr02

marceldiehr02 Active Member

Werden wir jemals wissen, was die deutsche Strecke (Juli) sein wird?

46. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

sorry jasper i know i sound harsh here, but this quote is just plain disheartening to the community. your dev team really need to stop thinking everything is okay and actually focus on working with the community and listening to feedback. jasper, i can really understand your frustration, but please. listen to what the community thinks about your routes, take account of the bugs they have seen, and actually work with us. if you want to go far and succeed in TSW2, then you must listen to feedback and bug reports.

• Like Like x 6
  47. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Yes, and not to do like DTG, which implements stuff that people ask for, but does not fix their mistakes.

• Like Like x 3
  48. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I stopped buying Rivet products after Arosa. My original reason was until they fix the train from the jump starting and brakes from derailing. Now they have fixed those in December finally 9 months after release.

Well from what I have read about the 1938 stock and WCL I still haven't bothered to grab those, I did purchase the Luzerne route but I had it refunded pretty quick.

It just feels like everything Rivet puts out is incomplete. Great concept for their latest route but it just felt too small, like they ran out of time. Like the scenery on Arosa and WCL feels empty, or the route is too short like IOW and Luzerne.

Then of course the bugs and waiting for almost a year for fixes is the worst part.

I'm not really into freight so I haven't had interest in either of Skyhooks routes but I did buy the 187 on sale just for added AI mainly and that loco was a disaster. If I actually intended to drive it I would have been so mad. Though HSC seems to have been well made, with DTG oversight mind you.

So far out of the 3rd party developers the only one I will continue to purchase is TSG. DTG definitley needs to do more oversight and hopefully things will improve like the seem to have on HSC.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Gav

Gav Active Member

Yes! very true. I decided to play Northern Trans-Penine today because of the ''supposed" Rush Hour passengers update, I was expecting a lot more passengers, but I was shocked that there seems to be less than before lol. Literally no one got on the train at many of the stops, and the other stops there were between 1 and 4 passengers, the MAX I saw was 4 passengers at a station.

There has never been many passengers on then Northern Trans-Penine route, but I am shocked that there seems to be less now than when it was first released, this update has only removed passengers, not given more. Very confusing. The Loco's don't make a difference, its all the same, ghost stations

• Like Like x 2
  50. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Yes, i have, and It's clear rivet do not care. I stick by my comment.

• Like Like x 5