Xbox Mastery Is Completely Broken

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by tehangrybird345, Jun 4, 2022.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

I made a report on how the master wouldn’t increase when you complete tasks. But since last update absolutely nothing will raise progress. Not even logging out and back in. This becomes more problematic as more and more routes are getting mastery

• Like Like x 3
  2. jesstrains

jesstrains Member

That's strange. Mastery is working perfectly fine for me

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing the same as the OP. The last thing that was logged was a bit of waggon loading on ECW early in the year. The second bit and everything else never got recognized despite several tries and some repeated DTL logins during that period.

It's a bit sad, mastery in concept could be quite fun especially with the scenery addons but how I experience it it depends entirely of the luck if your driving gets logged instead of actual driving skills.

But I'd immediately swap all mastery rewards against a jackhammer sound solution or finally corrected Dosto Headlights and pitched down running sounds...

Routes I remember trying to get some mastery:

ECW
    Boston Sprinter
    Clinchfield
    London Commuter
    DCZ
    Rapid Transit

all stuck somewhere on Tier 1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tehangrybird345

For me the ones that don’t work so far are:

HAR
    RSN
    ECW
    SKA
    HSC
    LZN

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Yep same problem as OP but also can’t take dtl screenshots

• Like Like x 1
  6. tehangrybird345

Another thing I forgot to mention: my rewards don’t appear either, as for route rewards, there isn’t the option to tick them on

7. mrdirty#5062

mrdirty#5062 New Member

i am on series s. same thing. used to work with log in/out to jumpstart it for at least one run. but now its completely broken. overlay screen also now shows as blank. some of the ones ive unlocked still appear in game but most have disappeared from the routes. for example the big cheese wheel is gone but the baggage car is still down in the tunnel. i believe the problem lays with the dovetail live service connection and the broken driver log. something like mastery unlocks shouldnt be walled behind a live service and publisher account. imo all of this could and should be baked into the base game and useable without an internet connect.

8. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Since SoS Mastery doesn't work at all on my xbox series x. Unlocked scenery has disappeared, decals are no longer in the livery designer. Nothing is tracked (a long time problem, before this I had to do the same challenges at least 2 times to unlock stuff).
    Logging out / in changes nothing.

I didn't see comments from DTG about this. DTG can you comment on this long-lasting issue ?
    I play to unlock mastery stuff, now I stopped playing waiting for mastery fix.

9. xdansyndromex

xdansyndromex New Member

I'm experiencing the same issue.. none of my SoS progress has been logged and I've done all scenarios and alot of timetable runs too, including the one required for mastery.. and I got nothing. Is this something alot of Series X users are experiencing issues with?

10. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

SOS is the only mastery that is not won ps5 for my not the jubilee Miles

11. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Same on my PS5, SoS and WSR won't increase

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Same story with Harlem Line RSN ECW Not tracking

13. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

They started a thread to investigate the issue

14. tehangrybird345

It appears my rewards have come back, maybe I can progress again but I haven’t had the chance to test it yet

15. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Have had the same problem since they added the TVL and ECW masteries. Managed to get the ECW masteries to complete after loading 90 of the required 20 hoppers but it will not recognize that I've done a scenario on TVL despite me having done the Tubeliner Diversion about 8 times to try to get this done. Tried an LZN timetable run in the rain for that requirement and that did count towards the requirements but it seems like TVL's might be completely FUBAR for me. Am going to sign out of DTL, and power cycle my series S to give it another go using a different scenario before I totally give up!

16. hells.high.lord666

So last night when I shut down TSW I signed out of DTL, quit the game and did a full shutdown on my series S. This morning I have cleared the cache before restarting the console, booted up TSW and signed back in to DTL and now the mastery that was tracking last night LZN isn't tracking! Masteries seem to be completely knackered for me so I'm just not gonna bother anymore. Seems to be a complete waste of time bothering with them especially if they add them after we've already done the scenarios and they require us to do so many scenarios coz for TVL that's what's killing mine!

17. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I am doing TVL masteries on Series S right now as well. Here is my trick for completing scenarios. Save it right before the end, then complete the scenario. If it doesn't register on masteries, sign out of DTL and restart your Xbox. Sign back into DTL and load your save, basically completing the scenario immediately because you saved it just at the end. After doing this 2-3 times you should get the completion to register. Incidentally, you can keep doing this using the same saved scenario over and over to eventually get credit for all the scenarios you need. I hope this works for you.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. tehangrybird345

It seems like the distance trackers never work for me, Harlem Line is going to be the death of me

19. hells.high.lord666

So the masteries that aren't working for me are WSR (level 4 scenario and drive 20 miles aren't tracking), Spirit of Steam (scenarios aren't tracking), Rapid Transit (earn 2000xp and reach 160kmh not tracking), Ruhr Seg Nord (scenario for reaching 70mph but not exceeding 75mph not tracking), Horseshoe Curve (drive 20 miles/32 km stuck on 29302m do a grain run in the ES44AC NS not tracking (I've run all 3 and nothing!)) Tees Valley (Scenarios not tracking). With all this talk of the TSW3 release (nothing official has been announced yet!) the fact that masteries are broken, there are broken achievements that have been broken for almost a year and various other bugs and issues with the game has me thinking that when they do officially announce TSW3 DTG are going to do with TSW2 exactly what they did with TSW2020 and try to dump it as a broken mess.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022