Fishing Sim World How Big Do The Bass Get?

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Chizzckh, Sep 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

How big do the bass (Large mouth) get in game/ real life? Being from Europe the bass side of this game is a completely a new experience and the other species.

I have caught many bass around 7-8lb bracket on the game but just wondered if someone could tell me how much bigger they can get? Am I near the top end of the scale or do they grow bigger?

Be great to know as it'l be a little disappointing if I have caught the large ones already while only spending a short while playing the US waters..

2. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

In game the biggest I have caught to date is Largemouth bass 11lb 7oz on lake bolder
    and a 13lb 4 oz from lake Johnson.

3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Cheers... So they do get a little bigger then!

4. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

Yes they do I think one of those catches was a trophy fish I don't know if there is any bigger ones in game maybe somebody else has had bigger ?

5. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

My biggest Largemouth so far is 14 Ib

6. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

14lb 8oz Lake Johnson ? that's my biggest , anybody had bigger ?

7. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

You know if its a trophy as you hear a little bell sound once landed. I think Largemouth bass over 10lb are classed as trophy. Smallmouth bass over 5lbs are trophy as well.

8. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

Bad strike on this one but managed to get it , I have caught it 6 times so far not had a bigger one yet , anybody know how big these get on lake Johnson I have seen 20lb + records on some real lakes .

9. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  10. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Still not managed a double figure bass yet but still not really put much time in yet on the game, just 30 mins here and there across all the waters just testing it out. Good to see there are some sizable fish though. I cant see any boss fish listed for either of the US waters so its a kind of different challenge, not knowing what the maximum is.

11. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

You will catch them the more time you put into it , lake Johnson and Boulder lakes are quite big so its a challenge locating the bigger fish at first , lots of bass , the biggest northern pike to date of lake Boulder so far I have had a 28lb northern pike no info anywhere just how big they get and from lake Johnson regarding chain pickerel all I have had so far is tiny ones there must be bigger ones ?

12. jam201984

jam201984 New Member

just look at the trophy ledger its tells how big all boss fish are

13. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

If you look at Lake Boulder and Lake Johnson trophy ledger there is no info on boss fish just the types of fish and it currently logs the biggest catch you have had for that fish and updates it every time you catch a bigger fish

14. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

I caught a 15.4 pound largemouth bass at Lake Johnson.

15. Willeaze

Willeaze New Member

Have you had any bigger LM on Lake Boulder since this post I catch a lot of 11lb 7oz bass there Im jw if that might be the cap on that lake.

16. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

11lb 7oz currently on Lake Boulder Largemouth bass don't know if there is a larger one ? maybe someone else has caught one ?
    Lake Johnson 15lb 1oz LM my best catch someone mentioned they go to 15.5 but am not sure

17. Chillinbill

Chillinbill New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So far my 3 biggest bass, The deluxe frog seems to work really good
    For Real fishing hope this helps,
    The largemouth bass is an olive-green to greenish gray fish, marked by a series of dark, sometimes black, blotches forming a jagged horizontal stripe along each flank.[4] The upper jaw (maxilla) of a largemouth bass extends beyond the rear margin of the orbit.[5] In comparison to age, a female bass is larger than a male.[6] The largemouth is the largest of the black basses, reaching a maximum recorded overall length of 29.5 in (75 cm)[7] and a maximum unofficial weight of 25 pounds 1 ounce (11.4 kg).[7] The fish lives 16 years on average.[8]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Willeaze

Willeaze New Member

Yeah I was wondering if you have caught any on Lake Boulder bigger than 11lb 7oz that seems to be the max on Lake Boulder. Theo ones in the pics are from Lake Johnson

19. Chillinbill

Chillinbill New Member

I don't think i have from Lake Johnson. But I'll give it a good around and see how big they get

20. Bl1nkk

Bl1nkk New Member

I’ve checked out a few leader board people in the bass tourneys and the largest bass I’ve seen is 15 pounds. But I’m hope ing there is at least up to 20 pounds. Bass tourneys are so much fun. Largest I got 14 pounds 15 oz

21. Hamma Chewer

Hamma Chewer New Member

My biggest Largemouth is 14 pounds 11 ounces..Not even sure where i caught it..Must have been during Tournament and i never even registered catching it at the time...Must be zoning out :D

22. Bl1nkk

Bl1nkk New Member

Btw I have that as my max weight on boulder also 11 pounds and w.e oz.

23. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Managed a Northern Pike of a touch under 32lb on lake boulder. Still struggling to get into double figures with the bass.

24. Daft Badger

My biggest Northern Pike from Lake Boulder
    30-09-2018_17-32-58.png

• Like Like x 1
  25. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Finally broke the double figure bass mark.... touch under 12lb!

• Like Like x 2
  26. Hamma Chewer

Hamma Chewer New Member

Ok...Managed a 14' 14 in free mode..

27. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

On Free Fishing mode - Lake Boulder, anyone else had it where the radar picks up no fish at all? Had it a couple of times where I pretty much drove around half the lake in all the places you'd expect to see fish and nothing! I restarted the session and then it went back to normal and all the fish appeared again...

28. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Yes, I have had this a few times now and it always seems to happen when I use a attempt at the online bass or Pred tournament on Lake Boulder. It happened to me last night on one of my attempts, I ran around the lake looking for fish for 25 minutes, nothing on the sonar. In the end I closed the game and went and played something else.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Glad it is not just me then.... Seems to be linked to when you change the time of day it seems - As never had it when I have just used the default morning, clear setting... As you say not all the time but ....!

30. Daft Badger

Yeah,I've had the "no fish" thing as well & pretty sure someone else posted about this somewhere else.

31. joe_yliniemi

joe_yliniemi New Member

For Largemouth Bass, the sizes will vary, the northern states have less of a growing season for the Bass so they tend to be smaller, the real life state record Largemouth in Minnesota is around 9 lbs. The bass in Boulder Lake should not get to the size of their southern partner (Lake Johnson) due to the growing season, bass in the southern states Florida, Tennessee are much larger due to the season. The temperatures are more conductive to a longer growth pattern and you can see Bass at 20+ lbs.

32. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

I catched 35lb pike (I don’t known oz)

33. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

I've caught one bass at 16.1lbs on a single player tournament I didn't screenshot it because they don't hold the fish in single player tournaments (Which I hope gets added in)
    But I think 16lbs is the limit for largemouth so far.