Mbta Worchester #521 Pathing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kobo, Jun 27, 2022.

1. kobo

kobo Active Member

So I am working on finishing up the depot runs on the Boston Sprinter and I ran into a rather interesting pathing problem when it comes to the depot run of #521.

What I found is if you start the scenario from the main menu of the Cab Car, it seems like the AI gets confused about which train is supposed to go first and stalls the AI train that begins one minute before this service. What ends up happening is the AI service that starts one minute before will not move (10 minutes of waiting and no movement at all was how I figured that out) and will not start moving until the player service moves and takes the signal. This turns into a very confused mess, and you end up stuck at a stop signal just outside Boston, because your train is not supposed to be at that signal at that time. The dispatcher kind of locks up I think, because the signal will not change to a proceed indication, and the AI train that's supposed to be at that signal before you gets right up behind your train.

There's nothing you can do at this point, and you're softlocked. The pathing is all messed up now, as your train is not where it's supposed to be and the game doesn't know what to do, so it gets confused. However, I have noticed, the solution to this is very simple. Load into Southamption yard 10 minutes before the train, and just wait. By doing this, the trains move when they're supposed to, and pathing is not messed up. All trains are where they're supposed to be, and the dispatcher isn't spitting out off path errors.

Just wanted to inform you guys for anyone else who may or may not have tried this service run and gotten stuck. This was how I fixed the issue.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

simple, you do not go in your line.

3. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

can you tell me the chapter and the name?, did not find #521

Attached Files:

4. kobo

kobo Active Member

It's not in the Journey Chapters. It's a seperate service you get under the cab car

5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wonder if they’ll add the full Worcester line to Boston sprinter in the future.