Sounds

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Frits, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Frits

Frits New Member

Hi there,

First, let me introduce myself. In my youth I had a lot of diesel cab rides. I will never forget the awesome sounds. Later I developed the Alco soundpack for Gaetan Belanger (BLW/MSTS). I'm not happy with the TSW sounds, especially the loco sounds. They are too dull. They are so important for that feeling of " I' m actually there" ! I believe they should be improved.

1. I don' t hear any sissing or hissing. Airbrakes on old diesels make lots of noise !
    2. Brake squal. Can't hear it.
    3. Curve and switch squals also make lots of noise, where is it ?
    4. The diesel engine on old diesels are really noisy. Can' t believe the diesels on the Somerset had isolated cabs !
    5. I like people talking on the platforms and in the cages, but that' s a minor issue.
    6. I hear Enginesound samples are to short, sometimes I can hear it' s a repetitive sound.

Another issue: don' t see any vibration in the cab while riding...There is no absolute stability on the rails !
    Improvement on this issues will take TSW surely to a higher level which means better experience.

regards,

Piston Pete

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The game audio can be made louder by going into the files. pschlik can guide you there.

3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Gosh darn it stop summoning me.

Anyway, a lot of the problems you have do come down to volume. A lot of the sounds you are looking for are present, just clearly not as loud as you like. If you want to make sounds louder, you can literally turn up the audio sliders to 200% (or more) by changing a number in a file.

You'll want to get yourself to C:\Users\(YourName)\Documents\my games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini and open said file in a text editor

To make things louder, find "MasterSoundVolume" in that file. 0.0 to 1.0 is the range you get in the game, but if you put in something like 2.0, the sounds will go up to 200%.
    20180614102139_1.jpg
    Just be sure not to touch that setting (even though the slider has said goodbye, clicking there still works). If you do, the sound volume will be reset to 100%. It's best to adjust Master Volume ONLY then tweak the other volume settings until it sounds good, as editing the numbers manually isn't very easy.

Hopefully DTG will make the master volume higher one day....

As for cab vibration-planned feature, hasn't been figured out yet, but will come some day.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

5. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

200%? why not 350% :D

Attached Files:

6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I have them at 350% too... works fine :)

7. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

Yes I found the sound too low. I bought TSW when it first came out but have been waiting for the Simugraph Diesel update for the Sandpatch Grade-CSX Heavy Haul route to come out to resume playing. But it is so good to relax so I jump in.
    Honestly if DTG didn't do anything more to the sounds than just fix the volume (because it is too quiet by about half or a little more) I would be happy with that.
    Being a real world operator of locomotives and the SD40 yes, I feel the sounds have been done very nicely.
    Maybe I am wrong but I did hear hissing and the air being released every now and then on the AC4400?
    So now just waiting for the update on Simugraph so the Amps don't drop to zero. Also I hope the dynamic brake and train physics are done too as part of this.
    But for TSW DTG gets a 9.6/10 from me. It is graphically gorgeous and looks so photoreal.
    There are improvements that can be made (shadows for example on the houses and under rail vehicles and making the cab darker-it is too bright but these are merely suggestions for improvements and I think they are practical ones too) of course but oh boy this is one gorgeous sim!

Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  8. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

(1)Wheel sounds are very important to feel like realism. All the 8 wheels should sound differently in harmonism while passing through a portion of track.These sounds actually make trains differ from other vehicles.So sound of a moving train is very much important in a train sim.
    (2) Another thing a train sim must have is a little bit of trembling while a train of wagons move depending upon portion of the track such as curve , jointed tracks, junctions. Both lateral as well as a bit vertical movement in synchronism will do the better for every train for both player as well as AI.
    (3) All AI should also be able to blow horn here and there to feel like realism.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MaryE

MaryE New Member

I noticed that when I played the ACS-64 scenarios on the NEC subsystem of the game (on XBOX ONE) during the winter, I would hear the sound of crunching snow under my feet - no matter where I walked (in the crossover/corridor inside - and even outside when no snow was present). Could you please fix the sound scheme to included solid surface or snow surface (based on immediate environment) to enhance the immersion factor of Train Sim World? Thanks in advance!

10. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

When would realistic track sounds will be implemented in TS1 and TSW. Right now only Loco sound is being focused.But loco sound is important when we are in cab. While railfanning and in the passenger coach we hear only track and wheel sounds.Pls check the sweet track sound in this video. must be implemented in any trainsim.

11. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

12. Anthony Pecoraro

Have you tried RSN? It has great track sounds.