Fishing Sim World Deadbaiting For Pike

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by frailkrazykev, Sep 16, 2018.

1. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Please add deadbaits for the pike as this is now the most common method of catching them consistantly. Anyone else think this would be an improvement to the realism of the game.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kirky101

Kirky101 New Member

They need to add dead baiting it's a must and they need to make it not so easy to catch fish.

3. frailkrazykev

deadbaiting for pike in the game would be easier than the horrible lure fishing mechanic i still cant do the stop and go or twitch techniqe the only techniqe i've mastered is the constant which is just reeling in slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. etfisherman

etfisherman New Member

Yeah. The lure retrieves are horrible. I can only do constant/constant slow. The stop and go just turns into constant. Twitch just doesn't work. I'm not sure that different lures matter all that much either.

5. Limey21-uk

Limey21-uk New Member

+1 sadly we have next to no chance of them ever adding it though, DTG have an agenda and it will not deviate imo, bit like the Borg out of startrek.

6. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Came here to suggest exactly the same thing.Not just for Pike but Catfish as well.
    The Lure fishing mechanic in this game is awkward to say the least.

7. frailkrazykev

The lure tutorial makes it look easy to do he stops reeling for a second or so then starts again, twitch is reeling in slowly whilst pressing RT repeatedly in constant intervals which makes it hard to acheive

8. WobblyCaptain

WobblyCaptain New Member

Its easy to catch pike with a little practice and know how as can be seen in the below video of me catching pike on the Union Canal.

But yes I agree dead baiting would be a good ,not just for pike but catfish as well and some more monster fish ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. frailkrazykev

i can catch plenty in freedom fishing its just in the tournament on bergsee i dont catch as many as the ai and nowhere near as big. I have been on bergsee in freedom fishing using the same setup and catch pike easily.

10. frailkrazykev

just found out you can use the swimbaits to act as imitation deadbaits i left the perch swimbait in the water on the canal while i went the loo, i came down and as i sat back down the rod went it was a 22lb pike. This surely cant be intentional.

11. Jorak

Jorak New Member

Hi
    Stop & Go is easy enough.. Just do it very slow, speed 3, 2-3 seconds retrieve then stop 2-3seconds.. repeat.
    Twitching, point the rod down in front of you and twitch each second while retrieving, speed 2 or 3

Took me two hours to figure it out, it's very different compared to other fishing games.. I think it's fine once you learned it, but it's really frustrating in the beginning.

12. Daft Badger

Twitching is done by tapping the right trigger on your controller while reeling in.Took me a while to notice that lol

13. frailkrazykev

This is what i am doing but it justs seems to turn into constant perhaps i am not waiting long enough between twitches or pausing for stop and go

14. jam201984

jam201984 New Member

u must be bad mate i can do them all

15. Daft Badger

You have to be reeling in at speed 3 or 4 for it to show as a twitch from what I can see.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

I agree completely they need baits for predatory fish especially catfish species ... been catching lots of pike tho in game using the pulsator spinnerbait black and blue... but need baits like shrimp, chicken liver, and deadbait minnow types such as smelt,mackerel,herring, ect also they could even add in assortment of berkley powerbaits if they add in trout