Where Do I Stop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cellersaver, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Cellersaver

Cellersaver New Member

I realize that an orange section on the track monitor is a "destination". It indicates where to stop to complete the current instruction. What part of the train should be over the destination? Should it be the red engine (your current one), the front of the train, the back of the train, or where the current action takes place (dropping off a group of cars, it might be 6 cars from the end of the train). Thanks for the help.

Cellersaver

2. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

I always run the front of the train, to the far end of the location marker.
    If there is a signal just after the marker, make sure you stay to the rear of it.
    Particularly if it is in the "on" position (semaphore) or red (colour light).

3. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

For "stop" you just need to intersect. Based on Youtube, it's normal to keep some gap to the next signal.
    If you also have to transfer passengers, you have to be able to open the doors. Usually a longer intersect is enough, also the platform object itself has to match as well. Many areas have their own markup, such as the German H (Halte, Stop), sometimes with additional markup based on train type. In the UK that's usually a number, which is the number of coaches, obviously you'd have your own remarks on that, such as loco + 4 coach likely stops at 5, or how the Class 450 coaches are shorter than the 444 coaches. In the end, it's about stopping at the gates, stairs, etc.
    If you have to load cargo, the specific wagons have to intersect with the loader, however sometimes it fails anyway.
    If you have to decouple / marshal at X, then the entire resulting consist has to be over the marker. So if you drop the end of a very long train in a short siding, then it's the rear that needs to be there, not the loco.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is not relevant to how the train is formed but where the driver is sat.
    So the front of the train is normally stopped around the 0.2 to 0.0 area - it counts down to the stopping point at the station.

5. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Normally the platform will have with a car marker stop sign although granted not all routes. The count down you will see will count you towards the platform end which in some stations is unrealistic as the platform entrance could be at the other end.

So for example if your driving a 4 car train on the platform look for a 4 car stop sign it is normally a light blue colour with a white 4 in the middle. If you are in a 3 car train there may not be a 3 car marker so you would stop at a 4 car stop sign rather than the 2.

some scenario creators will put the correct stop position in the hud.

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

With a passenger service I usually stop to have my train centered on the marker, unless there is other instructions.

With a freight train you generally pull up to the end of the marker. The AI will always drive to the marker end, this can be changed using stopping points for their instructions if you feel it should be necessary for your scenario.

Just curious, are 390001 and 749006 some locomotive numbers you chose to show reference to?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes :) 749006 is a Czech Railways loko known as a Bardotka after Bridget Bardot - I cannot think why ;)
    IMG_1809.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Now that is a nice looking train

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

La BB! Nice one, busty and unique.:)

10. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

I'd say in terms of stopping, on most UK routes, there are markers (3 Car, right up to 12 car) and if driving an HST or Voyager, as seen on some of the western lines (eg Riviera Line) then there'l be a HST (2+5 or 2+7) and VV (usually 5 Car) marker

11. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Thing is an AI train always goes to the front of the marker. Always. Unless told otherwise.

12. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Same as a player train unless the route/scenario maker places the stopping marks in the editor the scenario will count the 0 to the head wall end of the platform.