Dresden Performance Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamesthepershing, Jul 1, 2022.

1. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

I'm running TSW (with all the DLC installed from steam) on a high end system. This allows me to reach 60FPS with ease on all routes except the Dresden based ones. On these routes I often max out at 30, but only in rural areas. In the main stations I'm basically orbiting the 20 mark. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The game is an unoptimised poorly coded mess, that's what's going on.

Things got significantly worse after the last update with pauses and sound dropouts on routes like GWE which never had that problem people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Hopefully these performance issues are being worked on during this timeout period or whatever they're calling it.

It may mean them working closely with the makers of Unreal (which may be of huge cost) or it maybe they're still unknown of all capabilities of unreal since the update.

I just want it sorted.

In regards to the Dresden route, some tweaks I make in the ini file will improve things but those same tweaks will have worse effects on other routes like NTP so I have to remove tweaks, it's a pain in the backside.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  4. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Around Dresden I have high frame drops as well. I don't own a highend pc, but it works well, around 40-60 fps on medium settings.
    Around dresden fps drops to 12-14 sometimes. Especially if an AI train coming. I noticed its much better if I set shadows to low, but Im not into this solution...

5. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

You need to think of each DLC as a seperate game,
    as they all do things slightly differently, hence why we have seen that you can spend ages tweaking the .ini files and get one route running smoothly and as perfect as possible,

Start a different route and it's a ~5fps slide show.

So there is no one set of settings works for all with TSW2.

And that means a different set of engine.ini tweaks for each DLC, and having to load the right one for the DLC you are about to play.