No More Steam Locomotives For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by max#3831, Jul 2, 2022.

1. max#3831

max#3831 Member

I just want to say that steam locomotives have no place in this world but to be in scrap yards for scrap and steam locomotives are not reliable because you have to shovel the coal in and check the water level in the boiler and you can't see anything with a big boiler in front of you and you had to check the reverser so manage the steam pressure in the boiler and steam locomotives are prone to boiler explosions and that's why that there should be no more steam routes or locomotives for TSW2 and what are your suggestions for this thread.

This is just me venting here because I was just been told off by someone saying that my Spirit of Steam ideas for locomotives are terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with steam simulation if done properly.

The Bossman locos in TSC are some of the best in the game. I haven't bought SoS yet as I'm waiting for a sale and some more of the issues that plagued it on release fixed. However I most emphatically want to see steam expand. We need some GWR locos to run on West Somerset. We need some iconic routes like Somerset & Dorset, the Riviera Line to Kingswear or the Great Central, maybe the Brockenbahn for Germany.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  3. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Steam engines reliable any many people grew up with steam locos so they should be kept and there is how many in preservation

• Like Like x 1
  4. max#3831

max#3831 Member

Like 200 in the United States I'm just not or was not in a good mood because someone told me off that my ideas for locomotives not good ideas.

5. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Steam locomotives are the best, should never of got rid of them ;)
    As far as TSW is concerned I'd be happy with only steam locomotive routes and DLC from now on, its been so many years without now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

no more trains in tsw as they always derail and all you do is just sit at the front and press some buttons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Oh i agree that steam trains are just a pile of outdated pieces of technology that belong in a scrapyard or a museum but that doesn't mean more steam routes shouldn't be made just because they don't interest you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. max#3831

max#3831 Member

They do interest me I was just not in a good mood this morning.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I know you weren't in a good mood but There is a huge community of people who absolutely love steam trains/routes. Imagine the uproar that would happen if dtg never made any more steam dlc. There is nothing like steam trains. They are literally living beasts. You can see the steam, smell it and hear it. Seeing the locomotive going up a gradient is marvel. They are intricate and require a lot of skill to operate. Sure if you mess up, they can blow up. Sure, they are old, but the world was built on steam trains. Even the game is called train sim world so they should create trains from different eras such as steam trains. I wasn't a steam fan but every since spirit of steam came out, I am in love with steam trains.

• Like Like x 1
  10. max#3831

max#3831 Member

Same here I've been playing nothing but Spirit of Steam ever since it came out and of course I love steam engines.

11. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

So what, it just makes it a fun challenge.

12. ohanlon#6317

ohanlon#6317 New Member

With you 100% Vern

• Like Like x 1