Having A Problem With Imported Reskins, Tsw2 Livery Manager

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chessiet#4231, Jan 2, 2022.

1. chessiet#4231

chessiet#4231 Active Member

Hi Guys,
    This is my first time in posting on this forum, so forgive me if this has been asked before; or, for that matter if this isn't the right place to ask !

I need some help because the reskins that I have downloaded and imported into my game using the livery manager are failing to appear in game!
    I have followed the program install instructions, located both the Game Directory location and the Library Directory; I've imported and saved the 43 reskins that I have using the TSW2 Livery Manager; BUT, when I go into the actual game, NO new reskins appear in any of the routes at all !
    I'm at a bit of a loss to know what I'm doing wrong, can someone kindly help please?

Thanks.
    CessieT4231

2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Create a livery in game, something quick. Then see if it appears in you livery mgr list on the right. To check youve got the paths set up correct.

3. chessiet#4231

Hi Rob39,
    I’ve tried your suggestion and created a test livery; yes it worked and showed up in the game ‼️
    As a result, I went back into the TSW2 game and have successfully found ALL of my reskins ‼️
    It would seem to be the case that I didn’t know how to select new liveries in game, until that is, I noticed the BIG letter Q with a paintbrush next to it, I clicked on that and guess what? Reskins galore ‼️
    A strong case of DOH‼️‍♂️
    I can now enjoy my train sim again, many thanks for your input
    ChessieT

• Like Like x 1
  4. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i have a problem to delete old liverys because they appear everytime i start tsw2 .....where is the folder from the old liverys ? i also dont use livery manager anymore so i really wonder how the game is loading these liverys from....

5. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

all the livery manager is doing is
    is to import or export liveries to or from your save-game folder once imported it stays there forever
    until you remove it so not using the livery manager does not remove them

• Like Like x 1
  6. VGK

VGK New Member

Hi all
    I have something weird going on similar to CessieT4231. My locos appear ok when I select the paintbrush option; however, my problem is I've downloaded the LMC_BR_TEA / FINA Tanker from Train sim Community which all appears in my LM and in game Livery Editor but no matter what I do I cant see how to select it for in game, I only ever get the standard dirty grey tanker from DTG. I've also downloaded the BOC tankers from CC but these don't appear anywhere. My gut tells me I have some of the directory's wrong but if that's the case how come my locos work. This old non techy dinosaur would be grateful for any assistance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chessiet#4231

Hi VGK,
    I discovered this too, I have a couple of items of rolling stock in different liveries, but can’t figure out quite how to use them in game!
    There’s a couple of alternative stock patches that simply copy and paste the .pak file into the DLC folder.
    But where actual stock liveries are concerned, I haven’t figured it out yet!
    Some kind help would be great!
    ChessieT

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

From what Ive seen, the current livery designer function is hit and miss. With custom liveries only appearing on specific formations. If I remember the TEAs only trigger reskin option on the TEA empty x6 consist? Maybe its something I can remedy with a mod (pc only) at some point.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. chessiet#4231

Thanks Rob;)