Did Rivet Just Do A Teaser For Their Upcoming Uk Loco Dlc?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MrSouthernDriver, Jun 25, 2022.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

this picture was posted on their social medias, first off, we have to appreciate what cute dogs rivet have :), nice doggos rivet

but there is something else...something which has been staring at our faces. if you flip the picture upside down we can see rivets routes which have been "completed", which is kind of disheartening considering the fact rivet has failed to fix their bugs in their routes and they think everything is ok, when its not. but. something is....missing off that list. oh thats right, rivet is one route short, and that route is Isle of Wight. marked as "not complete". oh also, that slightly more obvious "TOP SECRET" folder on their desk, which we have no idea about., (probably rivets proposed loco/route DLC for the future)

so far in my opinion, this is the second biggest evidence towards this loco dlc. the first being the 484 folder leaked on the devblog.

anyway. what do you think this could be?

• Like Like x 10
  2. Melbourne_Dan

Melbourne_Dan New Member

Had a bit of a zoom in, what a grubby desk and keyboard lol.

If it's the 484, surely they'd have to alter the route right? Didn't some sections of track change when the 483s were retired?

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

What about a 485/486, arent they the same shell as the 483, not needing much work doing. Plus 485 is NSE livery, 484 uses the SWR livery, dtg have there licence?

4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Mope the 485/486s were based on the 1923 Tube Stock, and the 483s are based on the 1938 Tube Stock.

5. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

If its a tube stock for IoW, I will be seriously underwhelmed

• Like Like x 10
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That comesdown to Class 318 or 484 with Rivet Getting the SWR Southwest railways licence

7. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

The piece of paper isn't a list of 3 items, it's tucked into a yellow folder and you can see a very slight part of the fourth item - I imagine the tick means "released", as it's the only real definition of complete a piece of software can have. And as there are two routes not visible, IOW and Cathcart.

I desperately hope it's not for IOW. It doesn't necessarily have to be for one of their own routes either - Rivet have released addons for Bakerloo and Spessart.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Cathcart was as 2nd party (ie employed by DTG) rather than 3rd party so wouldn't count that here anyway

9. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Yip. Double tracks now at certain stations, but cant remember the names. Plus there every 30 mins now in real life

• Like Like x 1
  10. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Maybe the ¨Top secret¨ piece of paper contains the instructions on how to calibrate the displays. None of them seem accurate or even matching one another.
    Hopefully, whoever is using them is not doing anything related to colors.

• Like Like x 2
  11. transport

transport Active Member

Agreed!

12. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

IOW, of all the routes? Well, colour me disappointed. I get that we have quite a lot of British stuff in the game but I’m getting a little sick of seeing stuff from the past. Might just be that I grew up in the 00s so I’m more invested in the modern era but I think the North and perhaps Midlands could really use a route or two. Northern Trans Pennine is set during British Rail’s fall period, with trash on the platforms and broken glass, and Tees is an industrial, freight-oriented route also during the 20th century. Surely there’s more to the north than that? Spirit of Steam has generally the perfect placement but I was still a little irked because it was another Northern route set in the past when we’d had two already and basically no Northern routes in the last year or so. Sorry for the long rant but if DTG can make so many London routes I think we could have at last one northern route.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

No, surely not. If you know what he does, it's pretty easy to guess from the look of the desk...

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The only odd and therefore notable objects in the pic are an old-fashioned key, and a tube of what looks like either glue or blister ointment. Strange items for a set-dressed picture.

15. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

17. ARuscoe

Some Southern services from London Bridge are diesel

18. tallboy7648

Wait but what about to victoria? Don't they run electric?

19. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Just a further update on this, and I'll repeat what I said back when this was first revealed on the routemap last month...

...This is the Class 484

...and after doing some digging, I think the teaser confirms it, as the platform you see in the teaser image matches that of how many Island Line station platforms look post update, as seen in the image below:
    [​IMG]
    Teaser image again for Comparsion
    [​IMG]
    Maybe slightly different, but the similarities are pretty striking.

This also does confirm that Rivet will go the way of update the route in places, as was the real Island Line to accomodate the new 484's, but whether they went the way of adding the passing loop at Brading remains to seen, I guess we will find that out tomorrow hopefully.

Image Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTransportHub/status/1459580042787401734?cxt=HHwWjMC9uZqUvMEoAAAA

• Like Like x 5
  20. tallboy7648

I wonder though if this will be the case, could this incentivize dtg to update/modernize some of it's routes like NTP to have it in the modern period for instance or a modern version of gwe with the 800s and 387s?

Although iow is small so i guess modernizing that route wouldn't be too difficult

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

That would mean releasing a second, different GWML in addition to the existing GWE. You can't have 800s and 43s running on the same route; it has to be set in either 2016 or 2022 because it can't be both. I don't see DTG doing that.

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

When people (quite a few people) suggested the 484 for IoW everybody in the know on the forum said “Don’t be silly, that would need a route change”

It may be that the route has been changed, which isn’t good for running the 483, or the route hasn’t been changed and the 484 runs on the original route, or mystery third option, the route changes dynamically depending on which train you want to drive. There are configurable scenery options for Mastery, so it is not totally beyond the scope to have configurable route changes for eras. That could open up a lot of extra capability and loco options for other routes.

Alternatively, red herrings have been flying around, and it’s not to do with IoW at all. Anyway it will all come out in the wash, well erm… more like the Solent… but you know what I mean. The UK Coastal humour just a bonus!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think it's a fun concept to do a newer version of Isle of Wight. Though personally I'm not really interested in it, as I prefer the old tube stock. But I do see the appeal.

But I do hope they improve on the route, as the original Isle of Wight was pretty poorly done. Good close up scenery, but distant scenery was nonexistent and the lack of cab sway made the route unenjoyable to me.

24. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

From what I heard the 484 was already leaked as being in development so there’s a pretty good chance of it. But whatever it is, I’m terrified of how it will turn out… Rivet have released some shocking stuff in the past, *cough* 150.

• Like Like x 2
  25. solicitr

However, track is not scenery in TSW, they are two different categories of asset, and the modern Island line has a different track layout.

26. tallboy7648

They were just examples. Obviously you wouldn't have a 43 running in a present day gwe route. This route can also be longer as well

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

When new ideas come along new things can be developed so it’s not totally out of the question that configurable track has been made possible. It just needs someone to actually do it. The capability to load different timetables is there, the capability to load or not load Mastery overlays is there, so a system for loading a different track layout when a certain timetable is chosen isn’t a huge leap.

• Like Like x 1
  28. ARuscoe

Those ones do, but the 171s run to Uckfield

• Like Like x 1
  29. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Is IOW the only station in the world to have a platform looking like that? Just saying.....

30. ARuscoe

Welcome to the world of speculation

31. tallboy7648

Interesting

32. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

So IOW it is then. With the slow pace of additions to TSW this is a disappointment.

33. ARuscoe

• Like Like x 1