Road Map Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 5th July 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jul 5, 2022.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

TSW2 Roadmap July.jpg

Hello, folks. As we move into summer, we have a similarly British Summer surprise for you coming from Rivet Games – as part of this Roadmap, we’ve asked the team at Rivet to tell you a little more about it.

Find out more on the new Island Line 2022: BR Class 484 Add-on, Preservation Crew Update, a PS5 Add-on manager update and a Developer Deep Dive into how we create Train Sim World Gameplay with Michael, our Associate Designer!

Oh and find some fun facts about Alex (myself!) in a final Team Spotlight section :)

Read More on the Roadmap: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-5-july-2022

Watch the roadmap recap:

• Like Like x 3
  2. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Still no update on what the US route might be:/

• Like Like x 9
  3. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Yet again no update on upcoming routes. Disappointing Roadmap.

• Like Like x 16
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Zzzz, see you next month.

• Like Like x 21
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Surely we could have atleast route codes provided for the German & USA route (now featured on 3/2 road maps respectively).
    I'm sure you know the era and motive power that you are working on.

• Like Like x 13
  6. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

clemenstrain Nr. 9036 Member

Another Roadmap without any information about the upcoming German and US Route. Slowly it gets annoying to look forward to the roadmap every month and then to be so disappointed... Especially the German route has been announced for 3 - 4 months (I don't know exactly) and every time these secrets
    I can't stand it anymore
    But still, rivet's new UK product will be released in mid-July - Rivet has managed to announce its product within a month. At least give us a few hints!

• Like Like x 16
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Nothing really new then. Heck people predicted that rivet would make the class 484.

They say they went to monthly roadmaps to have new things to discuss. This doesn't always seem to happen to be honest

• Like Like x 14
  8. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Not sure what's disappointing this time. The Isle of Wight with 484, or no new announcements with the unknown routes.

• Like Like x 8
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

NOTHING said about the much-hyped revamp of their testing and quality procedures.

• Like Like x 11
  10. tallboy7648

Could it be it's not finalized yet because of DTG's current downtime. Maybe it's still in early stages of development. Things do change.

I am curious though how much this game will be improved during this downtime period and when that period would end so to speak? Personally I'd rather see more improvements and less new dlc's that could potentially just cause more issues

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

nothing new here to see

• Like Like x 6
  12. tallboy7648

Ironic since this is the downtime in which they will improve the game but won't share how they will improve qa and testing

• Like Like x 4
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Getting more worried about the lack of new content for TSW2.

We haven't had a DTG loco DLC even announced since the Class 313 released last October. I'd ask again for the stream- have DTG stopped making loco DLC?

No details yet on the US and German routes, which makes me think they are still quite far off.

Nothing on any new UK content from DTG.

Nothing new to report on Steam, be it DLC for Liverpool-Crewe or otherwise.

Maybe there are more 3rd-party projects in development that we aren't aware of, considering Rivet's Class 484 is launching only 2 weeks after being announced?

Don't get me wrong, i really appreciate the work done on core fixes and by the preservation teams, but I really thought we'd have more on the horizon by now.

• Like Like x 15
  14. redrev1917

Did anyone think this downtime would result in any fixes above the Xbox jackhammer and PS5 DLC limit? I mean we might get a kind of working cab signalling for Boston Sprinter and some minor optimisations on Dresden & London Brighton if they have time, but I don't expect any more than that

• Like Like x 2
  15. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Or they don't know at all and just figure they'll EVENTUALLY be releasing US and German routes so better to have that on the roadmap than nothing.

16. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

If there is one thing that I have learnt from this Roadmap it’s that Rivet have made something possible. If the IoW can get the revamp modern treatment with the Class 484, why can’t GWE with the Class 80x

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It's 'downtime' alright. Sounds like a lot of 'sitting around doing nothing' time. How can a company have literally nothing new to report in a whole month? UK route team must be sitting around doing nothing as there is no UK route on the roadmap and SoS came out a month ago.

• Like Like x 7
  18. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

And the db br 420 for Hauptstrecke München is for when? Since April they have been talking and we have nothing...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

This roadmap is so thin they have padded it out with not one but two items which could have been articles by themselves...

Would have liked some progress reports on other items like the core fixes which don't seem to have progressed, and the preserved crew list is getting shorter which is good, but would like some info on what the changes will be. Also timescales like how long to wait for the Bakerloo timetable.

It is a bit weird that the main talking points are the new DLC only announced today from Rivet, the interview with a producer and the profile of the new community member, these aren't really what the roadmap should be about. Hopefully that will mean more time devoted to going through the Q&A thread and giving more info via that.

• Like Like x 10
  20. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I can’t wait for Peninsula Corridor to get its update to have animated crossings. Is it coming soon?

• Like Like x 3
  21. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Another roadmap, and again nothing from DTG...
    This is a bit disappointing.
    I appreciate you take the time to fix some of the many issues.

BUT then STILL no real news on the yet seemingly far off solution with the DLC limit on PS5? I mean, many people hold back buying stuff because of this. Why not make this a higher priority?? This is already taking AGES!!!
    Same for profile transfer PS4 to PS5. By the time you release this (standard feature in many other games) -if ever - the PS4 will long be gone...

No new releases, but serious issues still don't get fixed within a reasonable time.
    I love this game, but I still just don't really see the progress I would wish for.

At least tease a little. :)

• Like Like x 5
  22. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Was thinking the exact samething

• Like Like x 2
  23. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

A
    Actually it has been on the roadmap for over a year and a half. Look at some older ones and you will see it on there.

• Like Like x 1
  24. redrev1917

Maybe this is test to see if such a route would be commercially viable, if this sells well and makes a decent return on the investment then who knows what we will see.

Would it be a good thing is the better question - dev time is limited so while their messing around recreating routes then it naturally means a reduction in fresh new content.

25. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Not 8pm as usual?

• Like Like x 1
  26. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Why it is so important for you?
    Animated crossings you do not see them from the cab.

Ruhr Sieg Nord route added them on the previous update.
    When passing a crossing I changed the view to see them going up... but after a minute nothing happened!
    Then I remembered, they are related to the signals.
    So I went back quickly, to the locomotive cab, to control the train again.

It is not a "visual" feature when you are driving the train.
    Vehicles crossing the track at some distance - when they are still up - will be much more "enjoyable" when driving a train.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I still think them getting a bit of time off to fix the bugs (and the bugs caused by the fixes) is good.

Surely they know roughly where it is, so for example a "North-Rhine Westphlia" route wouldn't really create false expectations I would have thought, but I'm sure they know better.

• Like Like x 2
  28. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed In the last 3 RoadMaps To be honest, Also nothing On beta for PS5 or anything mentioned about sony? I also don't understand It's been months now On the American And German route And are either Wanting to surprise us Which by the way almost never works,or Scared The route "dovetail" Selected Are already Facing criticisms Within the team.. This is why Sam said When the roadmaps Were First started Don't mention Ambitions or empty promises And I can already say a lot of the players Are gone,, Which I do speak to on a daily And they just waiting To come back.... Surprisingly enough I hope to see a better community As far as the team Go's, Because No one ever seems to answer back On various topics They asked us To message Them about Sadly But the funny thing about that one is Sam always answers SMH .. I'm done venting I do apologize to anyone Who's Time I wasted with that But it had to be said. I'm down To make the game The best It can be with Whatever services I can offer As Many more hard-core and loyal fans But the roadmaps are just not doing it!! Bring Sam back And I guarantee people will come back to,, Or community team Heed his advice before it's too late

• Like Like x 7
  29. redrev1917

Im tuned in on Youtube but no cigar? Was this a typo which should have said 7pm UTC?

30. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Frankly speaking, I do not believed there will be news for the upcoming US and german routes yet.
    I guess - and hopes - will be at least on September.
    Of course the sooner the better!

But what about "older" things, but no news at all:

- BR 187 big fix and sound update?
    It is in charge of Skyhook, but DTG is supervising it.
    So must be informed here.

- What about Preservation Crew work on Main Spessart Bahn route?
    I believe is the only pending route of the original TSW, not mentioned yet.

• Like Like x 3
  31. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

How can you get the PS5 dlc limit beta tested, when you have no PS5 beta Testers?

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. souleymane#2785

Ah surely, I have yet followed everything but surely a memory lapse lol

• Like Like x 1
  33. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

When tsg first teased it a while back, it was still in really early stages. Tsg was involved in other things such as the g6, doing contract work with dtg such as the 612. Tsg likes to release teaser images really early. Then it's up to Maik Goltz to basically do everything. Tsg is basically a 1 man dev team. They do have a vehicle artist I believe and a person who does scenarios (not sure). Maik has to do everything else such as the setup, physics, sounds, maybe timetables. He also adds in special/additional features not in standard locos. Also high quality. Look at the g6 for example. He also did sounds for many other locos as well and they are top notch. He does not release stuff if it is not perfect. Give him time to perfect the 420. Dtg can't force tsg to release content.

• Like Like x 10
  34. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Absolutely woeful roadmap which was padded out with an article too. I know it only takes minutes to read but I feel robbed.

• Like Like x 13
  35. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I would say something is going on behind the scenes, next to no DLC, they can't all be working on pres crew stuff or TSC or the fishing for that matter......

• Like Like x 1
  36. redrev1917

I suspect all tied up on their new board game title....

• Like Like x 2
  37. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Interesting that all mention of the broken achievements (that weren’t limited to Xbox) have now vanished from the roadmap.

Are they fixed or were they swept under the carpet?

• Like Like x 1
  38. souleymane#2785

Thank you for your detailed answer, it is indeed much clearer now. I didn't know what you were talking about. It is better to wait for good material.

39. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Another thread just popped up to indicate they dropped a blooper about TSW3 in the stream. Funny as I was going to post that maybe the true reason for the pause and dearth of content announcements is they were considering whether to wind the TSW franchise down... Let's hope the more positive likelihood is the one that prevails.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Unless they are working on something BIG!

• Like Like x 1
  41. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Ah yes I see no shortage of neglect towards any route that is not British.

• Like Like x 1
  42. bakedpotatos.jm

And I will always be patient for TSG DLC. The work is always amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  43. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

They'd be working on the launch of the Pringles Train Game; very busy making sure the vending machines work and sound authentic. The Preservation Crew will have to update them with the latest features later on...

• Like Like x 5
  44. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

A pause in content in a little over 1mth and that is the natural conclusion you came to? Really ?

45. tallboy7648

It's been a month since the last DLC released. Why would you think that the franchise would be winding down? DLCs take time to make

46. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

The new Roadmap format is just disappointing.
    There are no really substantial new or arguably accurate informations. Just the blabla of "We have something, but we don't tell you what it is"

• Like Like x 4
  47. redrev1917

Im with Old Vern, I do think SoS was make or break for TSW as a concept for DTG. In recent months we've seen new releases with 50% discounts within weeks of release which is always a sign that sales are down.
    Thankfully it seems SoS was a commercial success and it appears that behind the scenes it's full steam into TSW3

48. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Whether or not it's true that TSW3 is on the horizon (or was a typo in that chat window) is still a far cry from a winding down of the entire franchise. Even if SoS was a commercial flop, there have been so signs whatsoever this was the case.

We were told there would be a pause in content after SoS's release so the team could catch up with preserved collection releases / bug fixes. It was never anything more than that. I do not know why people are trying to read more into this....

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  49. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Because where DTG are concerned I am the proverbial Doubting Thomas. FSW already mentioned a few posts back and those of us who bought into that know only too well how it ended. That too had “high fives”, they sent a marketing person (by all accounts completely out of their depth) to one of the big flight sim conventions in the US to proclaim how good it was. They even started selling DLC for it then suddenly pulled the plug. In light of subsequent events (i.e. the new Asobo/MS sim), the likely reasons are more obvious but it was a kick in the teeth at the time and still rankles.

Anyhow if TSW3 is true and confirmed then I am quite happy with the development. Just hope it sees some real changes across all the areas which currently cause frustration and that it ships with some iconic routes and trains, and that DTG don’t do a N3V and simply put a different date on the (virtual) box.

• Like Like x 1
  50. bakedpotatos.jm

So are we all just ignoring the TSW3 leak on the stream?

• Like Like x 3