Brennitzer Linienstern Route

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by martschuffing, May 29, 2022.

1. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. martschuffing

Even the quick drives have selected announcements! This is the most detailed and feature-rich route you can purchase for TSC imo!

• Like Like x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Looks very good.
    I will put it on my wish list :)

4. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

17 track terminus, 6 track main line dropping as it gets further out, detail is phenomenal e.g. a disused engine shed overgrown but only the turntable deck is missing. These boys are the world champions and there is scope for extensions as per the Koblitzer was extended. Not cheap but for what you get not expensive - real value.

• Like Like x 2
  5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Downloading now from Aerosoft... SAD makes me HAPPY :D thanks martschuffing

Just playing the first scenario... already stunned. This is another milestone from SAD, very detailed yet FPS friendly. I'd also consider this the technically most advanced route for TSC. And the second best skies after AP enhancement which I'm not gonna use here.

11.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. martschuffing

Happy to bring it to the attention of the community, the freight one is an eye-opener too it made me do a wow out loud.
    Scenarios already: first one is an epic 4 parter.
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/8648-s-bahn-dienst-mit-dem-flirt-3/
    2nd one is an early morning timber train with a BR232:
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/8627-svenstr-holzzug-am-morgen/
    3rd an S-Bahn with a BR423:
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/8601-trainfw-s-bahn-dienst-im-423/
    4th an IC:
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/8582-svenstr-ic-5678-nach-brennitz-flughafen/
    5th one a regional:
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/8534-wommy-rb-auf-s-land-hinaus/

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  7. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

Wow, I had been praying for another route from SAD after Koeblitzer. If i had almost no money I would buy the base TSC and Koeblitzer and Brennitzer and rest content. Not sure I could find anything better in the Trainsim world. With most routes Railworks Enhancer v.2 makes a big difference. It only adds a little bit of extra sound on Brennitzer. Another masterpiece of trainsim development and a work of art visually from SAD and his mates..

• Like Like x 1
  8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not only visually - but also aurally. There is so many ambient sounds which make SAD's routes lively.
    You'll not see routes of that quality in TSW.

Compare that to Just Trains - while their routes look alright, it's almost dead silent in JT land.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

Wholeheartedly agree, Mr. Torfmeister.

10. martschuffing

Yes, it is a strange one with JT's MML, the initial route had bridge and tunnel reverb but all the subsequent add-ons to it don't?

11. DrTrenchcoat

DrTrenchcoat Well-Known Member

I don't tend to like the bridge and tunnel reverb and a number of folks I know also don't, I assume the JT devs share my view.
    In regards to audio domes, my understanding is that they increase memory usage to a large enough extent that it can impact performance which is why they're often left off. That said SAD is definitely the master of trackside audio and always knocks it out of the park.

12. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

A few week's ago some of you may be interested to learn that Matthias0710 uploaded a revised route with the OHLE removed on the section between Klosterheim Saint Ludwig and Brennitz Nord which now leaves around 35 kilometres of track without overhead lines and can now be driven by steam and diesel. Furthermore, he has re-set the hectometer panels along the entire route and repositioned some LF and EL panels. This makes a nice alternative diesel and steam route from Klosterheim at the top of the map with no clutter in the way (for your screenshots), you can download it from the RailSim German site here, and read the Read Me enclosed - https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/8698-brennitzer-linienstern-v2/

Cheerz. Steve.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. martschuffing

The bridge and tunnel reverb were ten times better before DtG in their wisdom decided to add un-prototypical track joint sounds instead with a horrible echo! it was great to hear realistic reverb passing over you to the rear speakers so much more true to life than it is now, it's rubbish in that respect yes. But as you say, SAD can do it why cant other devs? CBA.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

This is a very good route
    Screenshot_Brennitzer Linienstern_50.80227-5.96995_10-40-36.jpg
    Screenshot_Brennitzer Linienstern_50.90705-6.41314_10-42-20.jpg
    Screenshot_Brennitzer Linienstern_50.95051-6.33169_10-47-56.jpg

15. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Anyone tried the pump car on the Draisinenbahn section yet? The route looks incredible from what I’ve seen, Köblizter Bergland is one of my most played routes so I’m looking forward to picking this one up in the near future.

16. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

It's really 3 routes jumbled onto one map, I'll put a copy of the 2D map of the route up for you to view below. It has a high speed section on the left, then a rural route top right and the middle bit encompasses an airport and some industrial and commercial areas for your freight trains, and a few marshalling yards and the main line Station of Brennitzer down to the South. It's full of SAD's extras, graffiti covered walls, rainbows, fireworks, a miniature railway tucked away, plus a local tram line, there's so much to see and do you'll never get bored.

Cheerz. Steve.

Brennitzer 2D map.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. trainbraint

Aboslutely brilliant, picked it up this morning. So incredibly detailed, there's always something going on around. The ambient noises are something a lot of other TS routes could do with.
    upload_2022-7-15_9-41-35.jpeg
    upload_2022-7-15_9-41-51.jpeg
    Anyone else notice a drivable Boeing 747 in the list of consists? SAD certainly like their Easter Eggs!
    upload_2022-7-15_9-42-49.jpeg
    Who needs MSFS? lol :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

19. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Whoohoo gonna use that on Stevens Pass, driving to Everett Boeing plant :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I ran the OBB 5081/VT 98 on the Draisinenbahn - you have to stop close to the barriers for the gates to work
    There are a couple of hand points on the section about half way down

• Like Like x 1
  21. DrTrenchcoat

While it's a lovely route and I'd recommend it, I feel there's a few caveats I should mention. The tracklaying on this route is fairly poor, especially by German standards, there are no easements and there's barely any superelevation which can be a deal breaker for some folks. Another major negative in my opinion is that a lot of the foliage and ground textures are really starting to show their age, while they don't ruin the route they do make it look far older than it actually is. Lastly, the route suffers from 'fictional route syndrome' where some of the track arrangements and signal layouts just feel somewhat off and unrealistic. On the more positive side, stuff like the lighting on the S-Bahn platforms flashing is top notch, and SAD really knocks the city scenery out of the park.
    Here's a few screenshots because why not: 24010_20220517185033_1.png 24010_20220517184807_1.png 24010_20220517194148_1.png

22. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I actually like the vegetation, many 2D plants simply look better than 3D models and there's more variation in green tones making it very colourful and realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The 2D vegetation also makes it easier on the computer and frame rates

24. DrTrenchcoat

My problem was more with the ground textures looking somewhat lifeless (to me at least.) This could also just be an issue with my settings being tuned to czech and VP trees more than the route itself. 24010_20220515134746_1.png
    2D trees can be really nice for both the reasons stated above, and I'd say SAD does use a mix of 2d and 3d vegetation pretty well.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  25. trainbraint

Oh, and the Brennitz Airport runways and a short distance in the air are actually drivable (invisible) track, so you can see 747s taking off as AI when travelling out of Brennitz Nord on QD. Very cool!