Dra Dresden Commuter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheTipsyRaccoon, Jun 4, 2022.

1. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

So about this trophy… it appears to (still) be broken. Psnprofiles reckon the last person to achieve this got it on the 5th of October 2021. I’ve now tried it myself twice on two different profiles to no success.

DTG Natster had commented on a thread from back when the route was released saying they knew about it’s issues shortly before release and it was already being looked into… in September. I appreciate tagging her is futile as she’s no longer a community manager, but hey ho, I spent well over a year tagging DTG Protagonist to get a trophy on TSW2020 fixed and that eventually happened…

So DTG JD can we have an update please? Will it ever be fixed? I know you have bigger issues to deal with but please for the love of all things holy, don’t leave me eventually sitting on 410/411 trophies (as it stands). Tell me it’s done and in the “testing queue” for the preservation crew?

Ta.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It has been logged with the team, and we've stressed its importance internally. We are working on it, but appreciate it's frustrating how long it's taken.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTipsyRaccoon

Afternoon DTG JD, hope you’re well,

Has there been any movement on this fix? It’s vanished from the road map and that meant bad news last time a trophy bug was up there (apologies if it was mentioned on stream, I’ve not been able to catch up with it yet).

4. DTG JD

It is mentioned; investigations still underway.

Believe it's in the 'General Q&A section' here. Should be timestamped so you've not got to watch through too much if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheTipsyRaccoon

Thanks for the quick response, I’d imagine you have quite a busy day going on.

6. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Any update on this trophy being fixed?

7. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

N Dresden, it's a beautiful route, but with several problems, such as trains stuck in the middle of the way, constant crashes when arriving in the outskirts of Dresden Neustadt, Mitte and Hbf, unchanging red lights, in short, it's a multitude of failures that long after from launch still impact gameplay, I hope they fix it soon, sometimes I sound like a scratched record talking about the problems of this route, but I really hope they fix it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. djonny#9764

djonny#9764 New Member

DRA: Dresden Commuter trophy (ps4) is still not working(((

9. djonny#9764

djonny#9764 New Member

DTG JD any plan for fix this trophy in TSW2 and TSW3?

10. DTG JD

It’s still being investigated at the moment, but hasn’t been forgotten.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dw about this issue the red light issues and banking up trains on NEC New york should be very hight on this list for fixing asap and not 6mouths later DOVETAIL

12. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

If there's anyone who believes DTG are still investigating this one year old issue, I have a bridge for sale.

Just to clarify my point: when you're coming with "[...] a core improvement we believe will improve a lot of the red light issues which have been flagged by the community.", I am certain somebody actually tested some of the red light issues flagged, like the BR143 introduction mission, the BR363 Trunk Service scenario...
    Oh wait, no, these aren't fixed, and you need players to confirm? What does that tell us about your testing process? Someone made a change in the core code, but nobody tested anything, and you're waiting for us to confirm what's fixed and what isn't.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Completely Agree. DTG really need to give us some form of update on these longstanding issues and they wonder why players are abandoning the game and refusing to buy more dlc.

Does anyone one know if the peninsular corridor service for the baby bullet that suffered from a red light issue is now working? Can't be bothered wasting a couple of hours running it again for the upteen time to find out!

Things have also gone very quiet re the BR187 fixes, at least fix the broken trophy in TSW2, surely that can't be that difficult!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  14. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Looks like this is their current strategy: for TSW2, do not admit anything, do not promise anything, ignore everything.
    If you create a ticket, they close it. If you post on forums, they either ignore it, or, best case scenario, respond with "we're looking into it", which is an euphemism for "never gonna happen".
    DTG JD In case you missed it, we're looking for honesty, even if it's not the answer that would make us happy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG JD

We try to answer what we can with as much transparency as possible - our Roadmap provides the best steer on where things are with development on many things we see posted on the forums regularly, so if you don't read it/watch it, it's our one-stop-shop for this kind of information. It's already very long though (the longest have been 1.5 times the length of my university dissertation!), so we try to provide meatier updates on things we have updates to talk about on.

We get over 170,000 posts on these forums a year, so responding to every one isn't a possibility, I'm afraid, with the team we have. We do what we can.

For the red light improvements: we've used the work we've done when working through some of the issues on Harlem Line, and put together a core fix that (we believe) should solve a lot of issues players are experiencing over multiple other routes, from Sand Patch to some of the later routes. It's certainly helped with some of the ones we had on our list as being reported by players as problematic. As mentioned in the Roadmap, it's a similar process to the Save Game, where it's difficult for us to distinguish whether some of these issues are caused by the problem we've fixed, or something which is more localised to one particular route or circumstance. Similar to Save Game, we want to pick up any stragglers this might not have hit, hence asking you folks to try ones you know might have been issues before (obviously there's no obligation to, but if you do see one, we'd love it if you told us!)

BR187 audio work has been taken on by Adam's team, but I'll see if I can get an update in the next Roadmap article. TSW2 fixes come under the broader umbrella of TSW2 fixes (I believe the TSW3 version is now fixed), which we're looking for a suitable window to fold into a separate TSW2 build for release. No date as of yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Why point to the roadmap?! All you seem to do is list it as "under investigation".
    If it was truly investigated, you would have found the issue by now.
    This is transparency?

February roadmap:
    • Incompletable Achievements
      Still under investigation.
    January roadmap skipped the issue completely, probably because you announced that one BR187 scenario was fixed.
    December roadmap:
    • Incompletable achievements – still under investigation.
    November roadmap:
    • Achievements not unlocking (DB BR 187, Nahverkehr Dresden, Oakville Subdivision, Spirit of Steam, Horseshoe Curve) – currently investigating
    October roadmap:
    As well as the Class 465 introduction achievement not unlocking (fixed with last week’s update), we are aware of 4 additional achievements from TSW2 which are either not completable or unlocking. The team are investigating.

17. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming there's a lot of moving parts to fix something. It's not as easy as press a button and it's magically fixed in 1hr.

18. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I show proof that there's been zero information for months. From where I'm standing, there's no difference between 'we're trying without success' and 'we're not trying at all'.
    But I guess there's nothing you can't find an apology for.

19. TheTipsyRaccoon

And let’s not forget the OG broken trophy they’ve been investigating all this time, was broken without investigation for almost an entire year before they decided to “act”. When they did “act” TSW3 was already out and the devs have obviously all moved on from TSW2.

This happened with Cement Circle not being finishable on TSW2020 and DTG trying to just move on and ignore the noise about it.

After every mistake “we’ve learned our lesson”. No you haven’t. You never learn. Prioritise it. Fix it. Move on. Then we’ll stop annoying you with all these posts.

Then when you get to announcing TSW4, make sure the glaring issues with TSW3 are fixed beforehand. If there are any, idk, I still haven’t bought it as I don’t have all the trophies for TSW2 yet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

So it’s April 7th 2023. And the Dresden Commuter achievement is still broken! HELLOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like Like x 3
  21. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Be more respectful than putting that in all caps. There are much nicer ways to ask

• Like Like x 1
  22. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Jaysus! Where is the 'dislike' button when you need it?!

• Like Like x 3
  23. stimp#5938

We’ve been asking nicely ever since the problem exists. How nice can you be after 18 months. Put that in perspective.

24. GTAGamer245

GTAGamer245 Well-Known Member

How are achievements investigated anyway? It took October 2021 to January 2023 to get that BR 187 achievement fixed. The Cemented Skillset and From City to Coast achievements on Xbox have been broken on TSW3 since launch.

• Like Like x 1
  25. djonny#9764

djonny#9764 New Member

DTG JD any news about this trophy (PlayStation TSW2)?
    TSW2 no more supported (patch, dlc-manager, etc)?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  26. djonny#9764

djonny#9764 New Member

Dear DTG JD
    Please, leave the comment about this problem.
    Thanks in advance!

27. DTG JD

Hey - it is known about, and the team are continuing to work on a fix.

• Like Like x 1
  28. TheTipsyRaccoon

Well I’m glad it’s still being worked on, but honestly if I was the line manager of the devs tasked with fixing this, I’d be breathing down their necks very heavily by now. They’ve been “working on it” for almost two years!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  29. Thanks!

30. stimp#5938

The team => 0.1 FTE.

31. djonny#9764

djonny#9764 New Member

Dear DTG JD , I just ask you again about this trophy. Can you have a strategy for solve the problem?

I`ll just bought another route OAK Canadian Subdivision - and cant finish the first welcome Training course "Oakville Subdivision Introduction" (the camera dont reaction), and of course can`t get the trophy "OSD: Master Class".

Please, share your plans for fixing the problems in TSW2 (PlayStation 4).

32. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Active Member

Epic thread :') Hope it will one day get fixed for you.

33. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

If you're asking about TSW2, then I'm afraid it's abandonware. No fixes are coming.