Tsr (temporary Speed Restriction)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zakbevington, Jul 6, 2022.

1. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

2B7BF359-AAF3-46CC-9EBD-348C18BE09DB.png Hi guys. Today I am suggesting that TSR’s are introduced into the game. For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, a TSR or Temporary Speed Restriction, is a yellow board with a Speed on it. They are usually used just after engineering works on a certain line or if there is a defect in the track I.E a broken rail. The way DTG could implement this is through Scenarios or in timetable mode. I really think it would add realism and add more of a challenge for our more experienced drivers. More information found here ——> https://wiki.openraildata.com/index.php?title=TSR

• Like Like x 6
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I think it’s a great idea. Adding like a random aspect into the timetable. Have the ability to turn it on and off in the menus but having it at completely random locations would be fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

I was going to post about how it would be a really good addition to add some randomness like this to the timetables.

Speed restrictions, diversions, using the other line due to track obstructions, additional stops, door faults etc.

Think it would make it all more accurate, as well as keeping timetable mode that bit more interesting

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

There is sorta already in NJE in Blinded by Snow or like that scenario with br 423 you have kind of TSR to 50km/h

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

At present this could only be used in scenarios because of the way the scoring systems work in scenarios and timetables
    They'd have to make scoring and timings dynamic in timetable mode for that to work

• Like Like x 1