Tsw3 Out This Summer - Leaked In Last Night's Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

See PC forum for screen grab detailing one of the features as "sparks" between JD and Jasper

Strong rumour on PC forum 8th gen is toast

Sad times :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I am no console hater, but it is a fact that PS4 and X1 are starting to fall behind. It is simply old hardware, it happens. Us PC players have to upgrade often too to keep up.

• Like Like x 11
  3. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Mmmmm….. not sure that the leak actually said that and the only rumour is coming from some forum users imaginations.

Could be something for next year or even later…. They’d be daft if they weren’t planning that far in advance

• Like Like x 7
  4. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that he was talking about new features for the Island line when he was talking about sparks.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I think DTG would be very foolish to ditch gen 8 especially as you still cannot even walk into a store and buy a PS5! There are a lot of us left on gen 8 out there due to the current chip marketplace issues.

• Like Like x 9
  6. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Exactly right, Gen 8 console users make up a big part of the customer base. That would make zero sense financially.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Let's not restart the entire "gen 8 will be left behind" debate again. The only known facts are: In a Teams chat with Jasper from Rivet, JD talked about a feature such as sparks possibly coming with TSW3 as far as JD knows.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I’m in favour of a TSW3 as long as they fix the trophy issues with the BR143 before it comes out, don’t need a repeat of Cement Circle thank you very much!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I’m not ready for TSW3 personally because they haven’t fixed a lot of things and they will also be ported to TSW3 can you imagine the huge mess ? Let’s not forget the fiasco when TSW2 came out and we weren’t able to transfer our Preserved Collection correctly, they don’t test stuff properly before getting the green light.

• Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As for gen 8 being toast for TSW, well the writing is on the wall for that already, it’s just a matter of the timing. This August or September is as good a time as any as far as I can see, it’s gotta go sometime. That’s console gaming for you. As much as many current players still being on gen 8, the proportion will be shrinking, and TSW has to compete with the market for gen 9 games in general and with new train simulators potentially coming out for those markets exclusively (as well as PC).

For players wishing to continue in the event of gen 8 being dropped there are options, gen 9 consoles or a switch to PC. The choice to move on from gen 8 to continue playing new content is not optional, it will happen, just exactly when is not currently known. Brace yourselves for it being sooner rather than later would be my advice. Not being able to buy a gen 9 console yourself will be of no concern to DTG and at some point, which may have already been reached or projected for the near future, the number of players directly affected will have reached an acceptable level to them. Nothing will speed up the rate at which players work harder to get their hands on gen 9 consoles than new content for TSW only being available on them. Not everybody will be able to make the switch and again that will be of no concern to DTG once the figures dictate it is right to make the switch to PC and gen 9 only development.

The QA savings they will make testing fewer builds, the time and money saved not having to consider and create reduced content designs and builds for gen 8, the greater development prospects for the game in UE5, they all add up and make perfect sense. Players want better features and better quality and there is the opportunity to make that much easier to achieve. UE5 would be the obvious way forward and the only question would be why would DTG delay moving on? It is a worthwhile conversation to have even if this summer’s release isn’t on UE5. Evidence is building though. This lull in production isn’t imaginary. The empty roadmap isn’t imaginary. It’s all pointing in one direction. Heads out of the sand. TSW3 is happening*.

*caveat - educated speculation only

• Like Like x 10
  11. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

You guys think the reason they haven't announced the upcoming routes because it's going to be the new base routes for TSW3? Just speculating.

Also at what point on stream did the leak happened. I somehow missed it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

But good speculation all the same.

Building a massive bonfire in my back garden now, will put my ps4 on it and then start dancing round it shouting "all hail tsw3" and "ps5 ps5 ps5, don't stop me now , when I'm having a good time.... don't stop me now ..."

• Like Like x 4
  13. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that matt said ages ago that sparks are in TSW2 but haven't been made active because the flashing image would need a place to trun is off because of some people have photosensitive epilepsy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTG seem to know how to leak stuff. Heck, rush hour was leaked last year before it was officially announced. I guess one never learns from past mistakes

• Like Like x 2
  15. photonmonkey

I love how the PS5 vultures are ready to descend on Gen 8. Like I said you still cannot walk into a shop and buy a PS5 and I cannot see that changing any time soon. If DTG do drop Gen 8 for TSW3 if that’s what it will be called I will be very disappointed, yes eventually of course this will happen but let’s actually wait until the majority of the population can actually get one. As to
    Buying a PC to play, no Thanks I have 5 kids that need feeding/clothing, not going down that rabbit hole again especially for 1 game.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well let's be clear. DTG cannot instantly disable last gen consoles. People who own such machines have paid for content and will continue to have access to it, however it may look and play. They might cease to support this hardware with testing and optimization, but it will still be there. Whether they can stop future dlc from being available, I'm not sure. It would be a major betrayal, in my view.
    Look, I have some old, dust-gathering pc's in my basement, one or two of which I have used for TSC and TSW in the past. I could still fire them up if necessary and run those games, though they would not perform well for TSW especially. They're the equivalent of last gen consoles. The content is mine and no-one is taking it away from me. I know Steam is a different platform from Sony or Microsoft, but what you've paid for is still yours for as long as you want to play.
    No need to junk those PS4's yet.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

PS5s are not hard to find. If you haven't got one yet you aren't trying hard enough. Hell, I even scored one a year ago at the bottom of the world in New Zealand from a local retailer, you just have to sign up for stock alerts. You need to face facts, you got your panties in a bunch over what you perceive as 'elitist' PS5 owners, but at the end of the day, the console is now 2 years old and it's time to ditch 8th gen altogether as other sims such as Way of the Hunter are doing. Look at it the other way. PS5 owners paid premium price for their consoles and are getting tired of being held back by those who won't put the effort in to upgrade, 5 kids or not. I'm telling you now TSW3 will NOT be on gen 8, end of story.

• Like Like x 7
  18. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Or even on Sony website if your country is on the list for being able to buy one as there’s a few to be honest but personally I managed to get 2 from their website, it’s like money, it doesn’t fall out the sky you have to keep looking for it and you’ll find your precious

19. photonmonkey

The console is 2 years old and due to the current climate you 'still' cannot walk into a high street shop or online retailer and simply buy one, so no they are not easy to come by.

Some of us aren't that desperate to 'score' one by any means possible, don't get me wrong I will get one when they are 'readily' available, but for now I am done hunting.

Oh, and sorry to disappoint I don't wear 'panties' so they are definitely not in a bunch ;) If TSW3 is Gen 9 or PC only then so be it and I will just sit it out, don't want to hold you good folk back that 'put all that effort into upgrading' :D

• Like Like x 7
  20. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Because of that, it would be an economic disaster for DTG.

21. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

Does this mean all that talk about taking the summer to fix issues with TSW2 isn't happening?

• Like Like x 1
  22. photonmonkey

I think its all speculation, lets face it they even mentioned that the fix they are working on for the PS5 content limit issue may also help with out of memory issues on Gen8 so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if TSW3 was around the corner, maybe next year but would be surprised if it was sooner with all the current issues with TSW2 content. Lets face it they are still not done with all the Preservation Crew updates.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Coldwarkilla

Coldwarkilla New Member

I’m sorry but nobody can complain about this, the gen 8 consoles were almost dated the year they came out, the tech is ancient now and it’s holding the game and the team back.
    You’re blind if you can’t see what they’re doing here. All the preservation crew updates are to box all the routes off to be never touched again and they can move on to the new routes which will be gen 9 only. I’ll also bet all old routes can be played in TSW3. But we will be paying for a new game.
    Remember they admitted to messing up the announcement of rush hour and it being too early?! Now the roadmap is empty. It’s been obvious for months what’s going on here.

Like others have said if you really want a CURRENT gen console you can find them online. My personal tip would be follow a stock update profile on Twitter and turn notifications on, you will get one.
    Hopefully TSW3 will be better optimised as I’ve been fed up of hearing my PS5 fan spin up like nobody’s business even on the front menu screen. Ridiculous optimisation.

• Like Like x 2
  24. docsnyder1911

DTG is a Limited. So they have to make profits for their shareholders. And without Gen8 customers there will not be enough income for TSW 3 to make profits even some people payed a premium price for their PS5. Welcome in a capitalist world. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  25. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Gen 8 will still be supported until DTG come out announce it no longer is. Nothing in that chat screengrab indicated Gen 8 would be dropped. I don't see that happening until the Gen 9 consoles are available in masses, Gen 8 still forms the majority of the console user base last we heard.

• Like Like x 6
  26. docsnyder1911

It's hard to see how some people here treat people like you, that have to be responsible for their families und their childs. We have hyper inflation with exploding costs of living for average working people. And the answer of some here is "Go and buy a PS5".

• Like Like x 8
  27. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

And why would he or anybody else go hunting for the "preciuos" 9th gen console?

Was TSW3 announced officially? No, it's a rumor.

Was 8th gen consoles confirmed by DTG to not be supported anymore? No, it's another rumor.

Guy, who's created this silly thread admitted that in his initial post. What are you argueing about? About two rumors?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  28. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Worth noting that Gen9 is still short in supply as things stand.

• Like Like x 1
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And pay scalper prices for them.

Occasionally they come available at a US outlet at MSRP. They sell out in minutes, and the lucky buyers flip them on ebay for double their money or better.

• Like Like x 2
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They are, and of course there are conflicting reports of whether or not it’s going to get easier to get them this year. There’s still a big element of luck involved and watching all the time for stock drops. It’s a shame that you can’t just order one any time or pick one up by popping into a store.

• Like Like x 2
  31. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Yes you can at least in Canada they are plentiful out here. Almost everyone I know has gotten a PS5 or Series X.

The store I work at we currently have 67 PS5 47 XSX and 82 XSS. I know because Injust finished inventory. We even have 37 used XSS from people who traded in for a Series X.

But no details have been announced so I wouldn't worry until we actually get some more information than lighting and sparks.

Although I'm kinda thinking ray tracing may be involved.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

Not everyone lives in Canada

• Like Like x 4
  33. docsnyder1911

I think TSW3 will be like the step from TSW to TSW2020. Some improvements and so on. With an UE-Update we would have the same problems, that we already have since TSW2 and TSW2 RH. The missing loco sounds at the preserved locos and the performance issues through the upgrade that caused a lot of chrashes.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

It's about life choices. I decided to be childless so I can enjoy life's luxuries, maybe don't have 5 kids if you want a different lifestyle? What a ridiculous post.

• Like Like x 6
  35. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

It's still cheaper than buying a computer to run the game at the same quality as a PS5. So yeah it would be the budget choice.

You do know production stopped last year for the PS4 so how much longer do you think they will support a machine that is 10 years old. Xbox is making Forza Series X/S exclusive so expect that in a year or so alot of games will be.

I have kids and yet when the 9th gen consoles where announced I did something a little old fashioned. I saved up for 2 years. You know skip some movie nights, skip a bunch of coffees eat pasta for a few nights, skip take out and bike to work instead of paying for transit. It was only $50 CAD a month I put aside. Which is not much at all when you think about it.

Now getting them seems to be an issue for most, but where I live I can walk into any electronics store and grab one, even Walmart has a row full of them. So I don't know.

• Like Like x 2
  36. tallboy7648

You have to understand though that there are also people that want to get a current gen console but can't get one Just because it's available at your local electronic store doesn't mean it's the same for others. People can't act like there is no shortage and just tell people to get a current gen console when the reality is that it just isn't possible for many people. People need to stop acting like it's easy to get a current gen console because it's not. If it was then constant articles about these shortages wouldn't keep popping up

I have a Xbox Series X but Im not going around telling last gen users to buy a Xbox Series or a PS5 and acting like it's so simple. That's just being arrogant

• Like Like x 3
  37. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I suppose stopping prev gen would make it a better experience on current gen. Hopefully TSW 3 will only be gen 9

38. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Go and get a Job then? I work and I own a PS5. And an xbox. Oh and I have kids too. Your post is redundant

39. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We are not here to assume others' lives. Everyone has different personal situations. This is not a constructive response - please rein it in.

• Like Like x 17
  40. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

People here need to remember, Gen 8 consoles released in 2013, yes that's almost a decade ago. That fact they are running this game is amazing imo. Yes Gen 9 tech is still hard to get and will be for at least another year. But even think about TVs from 10 years ago, 4k and HDR were only for the tip top tier of displays, now they are standard features on any range of TV today.

The likes of Apple and Samsung will only support software updates on their new phones for 2-3 years now. Technonogy moves on and a line has to be drawn sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  41. photonmonkey

I think everyone is aware of the age of the Gen8 hardware and that it has had its time. However as you have admitted it is still hard to get hold of a Gen9 console for ‘some’ of us. I for one only get the opportunity to buy this kind of kit once a year when I get a company bonus. If I cannot walk into a store or jump online at that time to secure one that money soon gets eaten up by unexpected bills etc etc.

Hats off to those that have forgone having a family so they can indulge in a life of gaming but for me my family comes first gaming 2nd and I have to be realistic. I am sure TSW3 or whatever it will be called will be Gen9 PC only but for me I will have to wait until there is a ‘normal’ supply of Gen9 consoles where I reside.

If Gen8 is really holding TSW back then by all means ditch it, but timing is everything and to be fair there is still a lot to be addressed in TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Right, I walk into the shop and buy a new PS5. So far, so good.
    But then I have to deal with that goddamn 64Gbyte limitation issue. Now, that is what´s REALLY bothering me.

• Like Like x 1
  43. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

You can play the PS4 version while waiting for the fix that’ll brings the DLC manager

• Like Like x 1
  44. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

Getting hold of a PS5 is definitely getting easier, I walked into a Game a few weeks ago and they had 8 in stock with more on the way. If you really want you can find them. My advice is just keep calling in when you pass a shop that sells them, you’ll get one before too long.

I wouldn’t be surprised if gen 8 support is dropped after this year’s update (or TSW3) if nothing else to reduce the amount of QA needed for every update. If it doesn’t happen this year it’ll definitely be next year.
    At the end of the day it’s not a matter of if they drop gen 8 but when they drop it.

• Like Like x 1
  45. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

No official word from DTG about TSW 3 apart from JD's Foo Par ( he actually looked horrified after he had made the mistake, bless him) that I have seen and grabbed as I am a nosey sod.
    No official word about being Gen 9 only. - Just a rumour / speculation from some people on this forum who have overactive imaginations (like most of the speculation is on here and to some point from me in my streams lol). Personally speaking "strong rumour" its not from DTG itself so just leave it at the door.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Gen 8 was cut back in some way at some point in the near future. Although its not nice to do as Frontier Developments kinda did something similar a few months ago to Elite Dangerous on the Consoles. They dropped console support and with that I dropped total support for Elite, Jurassic World and any other game I had of theirs on PC and PS5. My attitude was if they no longer support the console version of Elite which was my favourite game from the BBC Micro days (yeah I go back further than that) Then I would no longer support them.

As to acquiring a Gen 9 Console. Amazon have no stock of Digital or Disc PS5's but they do have stock of Xbox S and X's (as at 1216 July 7th 2022).

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  46. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Oh clever you, but most people would think that having children and Grandchildren are the way to enjoy life's luxuries.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Just a note: Sony changed their mind on that end of production date and has said they'll keep making PS4s at least thru 2022.

Also a reminder for many of something that has been said by DTG and repeated in the forums: They develop for PC and current gen and then scale back for 8th gen as needed. PS4 and XOne aren't causing anything to be held back from current systems.

• Like Like x 4
  48. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Just the lucky ones. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  49. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

It's DTG decision to support 8th gen consoles. Why? Well, most likely because of good revenue.
    And if DTG decided to support 8th gen consoles, that means they have analyzed it and decide thay can handle, as a company, whole production process related with such support, that is development, QA, patch and updates delivery and whatever else related there is and I'm not aware about.

Now, if DTG realize that whatever of these processes related with 8th gen consoles support is holding them back, because it is consuming too much of their resources, they can decide to stop or limit the 8th gen support to the point, where the evolution of TSW2 will not be affected.

So there is no TSW2 evolution hold up now, because people are still using 8th gen consoles. Evolution of TSW2 is going as planned by DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think people also need to stop pretending they are impossible to get. That’s not true. It being difficult to buy a new console also isn’t a reason for DTG not to move on. I can guarantee that if DTG stopped making TSW for PS4 and the equivalent xbox models and only developed for current gen from now on then there will be a lot of people who can suddenly miraculously get themselves a PS5 or current xbox because they have had to put the required effort into getting one. Many people have put in the effort or got lucky and have their console.

When DTG do stop releasing for gen 8 then the only option console gamers will have for the new content is gen 9 and giving people advice to get one won’t seem so arrogant but just realistic. It will be their only choice except moving to PC. It’s good advice to give now rather than after the switch. Be prepared like a boy scout because if it isn’t happening for this summer release it will happen for the next. But I would say it’s happening this summer.

Usually by this point someone from DTG would quickly pipe up and say that they have no intention of stopping gen 8 production and that has not happened this time.

• Like Like x 4