Graphics Glitch ? Sos

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by karlack26, Jul 6, 2022.

1. karlack26

karlack26 Well-Known Member

Look at the the tracks to the left of my train, that really looks bad, the ballasts and sleepers poke through a layer that looks like the ground but its constantly changing what's visible and what's covered by that ground texture/shader or what ever it is, Those diamond shaped bits of the visible track move all the time, it looks really bad is this intended behavior, is there a setting in the ini to improve this.

Attached Files:

2. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

I noticed that exact same glitch yesterday whilst playing SoS, do you use the SoS enhancement mod?

3. karlack26

karlack26 Well-Known Member

Yes I do use that mod but it was a problem before I started using the enhanced mod, one reason i tried the enhanced mod, I wondered if that mod would improve the tracks it did not. I scrubbed through some you tube videos i see it in them as well. I wonder if they use UE4 world textures for the ballast and sleepers and that's how they made those big yards. just rows of of sleeper and ballast in one big texture that they can then expose for the yards and then string some rails across it.

or its world aligned textures any ways it a feature of EU4.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  4. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

I couldn't recall if I’d seen it before the mod, though I’ve seen a similar effect on other routes but never quite as bad. I agree it looked terrible, particularly as its an affected strip of the track alongside the loco, so very close and noticeable.

5. 5cip

5cip Active Member

this problem is since the release of SoS and has nothing to do with the mod i can confirm.

• Like Like x 1