Isle Of Wight Update Today Pis

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kobo, Jul 7, 2022.

1. kobo

kobo Active Member

Just thought I'd mention the update for Isle of Wight included PIS on platforms. the update thread made by alex didn't mention that unless I missed it. Nice to see PIS on Isle of Wight. Not sure if I'll buy the new Island Line though if it's going to be a reskin of the Isle of Wight.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It isn't just a reskin, it's technically a brand new route built from scratch as Jasper from Rivet Games stated on the roadmap stream on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kobo

kobo Active Member

i haven't gotten to rewatching the roadmap stream yet. been very busy irl. i'll try to find time over the weekend

4. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

It's nice to see an update for the old route so players who won't purchase the 484 benefit from it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think that the revised water textures on IOW don't really look any better, when viewed from the pier it looks like a giant slab of wallpaper with the uniform repeating texture. :|

6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I guess you are playing the PS4 version. On PS5 it looks excellent, but the PS4 version has something wrong with it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. photonmonkey

Correct PS4 slim, it looks awful to be honest :(

Edit: so for those on PS5 worried that continued GEN8 support will hamper GEN9 development, I wouldn't worry as clearly they aren't even testing this stuff on GEN8 any more :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  8. Tigert1966

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. photonmonkey

10. Tigert1966

It's on the link that I posted above, but here you go....
    PS5 Version 5ACA2F34-4943-4EB3-9D21-E66C93BCA470.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. photonmonkey

Oh yes, sorry :( but Thanks for posting separately, yes that is a big improvement and not what you see on PS4 which is worse than the original version so lets hope it is bugged and can be fixed.

• Like Like x 4
  12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

The new water looks awful on PS4. Nothing like water at all but like patterned wall paper as already mentioned. Tbh I didn’t have a problem with the old water on the IOW dlc. Since when does the water around the IOW look like a millpond and all calm anyway? Most of the time the English Channel looks quite choppy which the old water sort of represented.

Once again PS4 players have got a bum deal made worse this time because they’ve made what I already had / owned worse! They had better put this right or at the very least put the old water back for PS4. This new water is supposed to be imported to IOW from the Penzance dlc yet the water doesn’t look as bad as this on that dlc. Someone’s messed up big time. Grrrrrrrr.

13. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I think it's overlooked bug, might be just a case of replacing water texture to fix it.

14. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed the train now totally loses power since this update? For no apparent reason your going along or pulling out of a station, pressing the throttle, and zilch, nothing! Juggling the throttle about down to notch 2, 3, or even zero sometimes helps but not always and you come to a complete stop.

I never had this problem before this update that I can remember? So I’ve no idea if it was present before or not? I’m definitely getting it quite regular now though. Coincidence? Either way I used to quite like the IOW dlc but since this update it’s a pain to play and along with the awful water on PS4 it’s been totally ruined. PIS screens and a bit of wheel squeal is all well and good but I’d rather have it put back to how it was thanks.

It doesn’t fill me with confidence with regards to the new IOW dlc tbh.