Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

This thread is all about reading coffee ground. People literally know nothing at all and just assume, guessing or having phantasies.
    Why not just just sit tight and wait for official confirmation, instead of creating horrific scenarios about abanoning DLC and whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's called "speculation" and it's literally what forums are for.

• Like Like x 2
  3. George1862

George1862 Active Member

How much will it cost the usual 24.99 or the somewhat expensive 34.99

4. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

We don't know, but it will probably be a similar price TSW2, but it could be different as DTG haven't said anything about TSW3 yet.

5. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I'd feel about there being a TSW3. With SOS and the preservation updates it seemed like the game was beginning to get going.

Obviously there is a certain amount of excitement IF it's true, as there always is with something new and shiny. My main hope would be that everything from TSW2 can be seemlessly transferred over, and we don't have a similar debacle to last time. It wasn't fun having to wait months until my favourite routes from TSW1 got ported over.

• Like Like x 8
  6. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

Well I think it is still possible that all the incoming updates will result in TSW3 which we could buy with some routes, like it was for TS all the years. So as TS is now "TS Classic" It could be logical that TSW will get somthing like a yearly big update pack as it was with TS before. With the move from TS to "TS Classic" it makes me think that TSW is now the main product.

Just my 2 cents to this, I know some have already assumed that earlier.

7. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

I haven't bought TS for years because there weren't any new features.

If it's the same with TSW3, no MP, no roles, no Ebula etc. it's not worth upgrading either.

8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I mean it's the main product for some time and it's neither a surprise nor is it a bad idea. The amount of TSC DLCs has decreased, which is totally fine. I hope they'll still continue yearly updates as to many people TSC is the better game (which is totally fine. At the end of the day: If i spent hundereds of Euros for TSC DLCs thorughout the years, i also would believe TSC is the better game, because everything else would be painful to realize).

9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I am not worried one bit about my collection TBH.

1) DTG have invested a ton on SoS, no way in a month of Tuesdays would they write off that and release a new game without it being moved over.

2) We've already kinda had it confirmed that Island Line 2022 includes a TSW3 feature, why would you add a feature not currently available on the version of the game if can't be used in the future.

3) The backlash they received from the community when it was announced that TSW2020 wouldn't come across to TSW2 was so bad they had to u turn, they won't make that mistake again.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. matinakbary

Okay, but what about you get 3 routes and new locos for the price of one? Even if you're only interested into only one of the routes, it still would make sense to purchase TSW3? [of course given the fact, that all your old content is carried over to TSW3]

11. ARuscoe

Obviously for them having "new features" (ie new ways of using the game) is more important than new places to drive trains in the same way as before... Kind of ignores the point of a simulator but there ya go, it's their opinion

12. redrev1917

I still can't get my head around the massive deal about Multi Player and different roles. Who really wants to be a conductor or 2nd man.

I would love a working Ebula mind

• Like Like x 8
  13. matinakbary

It's reasonable to ask for new features like MP. Especially since DTG said it will come one day. So it's a valid point. But i'm with you - for me personally having a good route, some good locos and a nice driving experience is the main thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

If they fix only one thing with TSW3, it absolutely needs to be the lighting.
    I actually stopped playing TSW2 because 90% of the time the lighting is just strange. Games that dont have any lighting like Zusi actually look more realistic and natural.
    After playing MSFS i actually can no longer look at the lighting in TSW2, its like going from real life to some kind of comic book alien world with black shadowns and oversaturrated color and the flickering shadows and atomic sun. Terrible and currently borderline unplayaple for me.

• Like Like x 13
  15. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Don't see the point in MP and guard mode would need new passengers that you could interact with. As they have just overhauled the passengers I don't see this happening.

Don't see VR happening either really. Steam was one of those big ticket items, not sure what the next one will be, maybe they can tie something in with signal boxes and dispatchers so you can have a go at that and watch the trains from the signal box?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ARuscoe

Not saying their request is unreasonable even if it's something that I would never use, but saying "unless they include this I will see no value in updates or new content" is "odd" from my point of view

• Like Like x 3
  17. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

I don't get the multiplayer either. I struggle to find time to play by myself. After first purchasing on PS5, I invested quite heavily on a decent PC to run TSW2, to give me more chance to play. TSW2 suits me.
    I have also purchased TSC now as well. Ironically, If I had bought TSC first, I would probably have left the game and not bought TSW2.
    I would class TSC as a simulator first, game second. IMO, TSW2 reverses that. Other people will see it differently.
    Small inaccuracies really don't bother me or detract from my enjoyment of the game. Perhaps I am just easily pleased.

• Like Like x 7
  18. matinakbary

Yeah, right! The main value (for me) is derived from the quality of the route scenery, the loco physics and sounds and the gameplay experience (in other words: Joe's timetables). If that is given and the route and loco is from a coutry, i have interest in, it's worth the purchase for me. Personally, i don't care for MP, VR or other gamification aspects.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd find interesting regarding MP would be driver+fireman once the manual firing is here. I might be tempted into trying MP if it comes for steam.

Two other things coming to my mind are guard mode and shunting but both are not fun as is. Guard mode would require a completely re-done and revolutionized passenger system (and even then would not be my cup of tea) and for shunting together, I'd expect realistic coupling procedures etc (in which case I might be tempted once more).

Sill, MP is pretty much as far down as it gets in my list of priorities.

20. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Comparable to SCS and "ETS2" In contrast to DTG, SCS is always working on new things, sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller. And let me put it this way: the convoy mode didn't hurt the game badly.

Everyone can ride for themselves or together with others. There are also "live events" (e.g. World of Trucks) or in the game (construction sites, diversions, etc.)

However, since you have, understandably, decided on a 24-hour timetable, you will never be able to integrate flexible events there. Because the argument was "that at the end of the day the train is back where it should be", that's why AI / AI trains can't get any delays. The active points AP have been improved with the timetable mode, but otherwise nothing great for the gaming experience.

And if so, then you could only do it again using scenarios where 2-3 pieces are advertised as a "big package".

That's exactly why you want the MP. If someone makes a driving mistake, you just stop there. That would be super interesting. Or you could just simulate an emergency on the platform. Or just install "Challenge".
    Player 1 and Player 2
    vs Player A and Player B.
    London Underground
    Driver change every stop and e.g. that you have to pull the direction changer before you can change.

This is much more interesting than an upgrade, where I can only look at the same tree in 3 pixels / % better because it's UE5 now.

ETS2 would have been long gone without TruckersMP (private people who set up a server).

And ETS2 is the only game where I have all the maps DLC, simply because you can tell SCS really wants to innovate.

And if DTG isn't careful, it's the same with TSW. If you only go for TS upgrades now, that's it. You can also see how little TS video, streams etc. are made on the big platforms.
    And if they do, then because of new features or routes.
    And we live in the year 2022 and no longer 2010. In this decade, the "common" experience is rated a lot higher.

• Like Like x 2
  21. redrev1917

22. redrev1917

I cant think of a more gimmicky way to implement multiplayer and nothing would turn me off more.

This isnt an arcade game (or atleast it dang well shouldnt be) but a Sim and I certainly dont recall ever seeing London Underground races.

• Like Like x 8
  23. George1862

George1862 Active Member

How likely will this release on gen 8 consoles?

24. redrev1917

The fact that they invested time and resources into ensuring SoS runs on gen8, I'd say the odds are very high, wouldn't you think?

• Like Like x 1
  25. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Dont implement muliplayer it will cause more problems more hassle and hows it going to moderated
    Wonder why people call it a arcade game why have a points system makes no sense and so many other things

• Like Like x 4
  26. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Every TSW3 thread now running is entirely assumptions and unreliable information based on a single phrase in an internal chat text about sparks possibly being a TSW3 feature. The announcement JD said to wait for could be a year or two or more away. People like to speculate, but nothing should be taken seriously.

• Like Like x 3
  27. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Nothing has been officially announced by DTG. Not even the Name (TSW 3 could be the project name, but there again it might not), We just dont know. Take any snippit of information for the next upcoming title for TSW from any member of the forum not having DTG before there name and the DTG logo as their profile picture with a pinch of salt. (apart from Train Sim Matt he has his on portrait as his profile picture and Train Sim Mat as his name So take note of what he has to say).

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  28. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Because of multiplayer:

The only thing I can think of is:
    If there are 50 services on a route, they can also be operated simultaneously by other drivers. Which requires a server. Open services will continue to be handled by the AI.
    Delays on the one hand also affect one's own service. An additional train radio would be ideal. To do this, however, the dispatcher would have to be completely rebuilt and there must be a way to remove intentional blockers. That's just the basic idea. Since other human drivers are also on the road in real life, interacting and communicating with each other, this is not an arcade aspect either.

What might also be interesting, instead of just riding along as a passenger, to mime the conductor. However, since in single play.

• Like Like x 1
  29. ARuscoe

From what I know (in the UK) train drivers don't often talk to other drivers whilst driving, only signallers. There are very few occasions where they talk to each other so the only interaction I would have with another driver is seeing their avatar in their cab going past me at closing speeds up to 250mph

• Like Like x 2
  30. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of multiplayer, I quite like the quietness and relaxness that singleplayer offers me. The only place where I see a possibility for multiplayer would be some kind of freeroam, where players can control any switches and any trains as they wish. At least that gives them a reason to co-operate and communicate.

Multiplayer in timetable mode seems pointless to me. Everything is co-ordinated by the dispatcher anyways, with players pretty much just following the timetable.

• Like Like x 5
  31. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Personally I am not a fan of multiplayer, in that it wouldn't interest me and I almost certainly wouldn't use it, although for those that do want it then it would be nice to see it at some point although there are plenty of other things I would like to see them work on first.

A multiplayer in timetable mode could work quite well as everyone drives differently and if you are a slow driver you might cause delays behind for example. Although I think there is a great danger of an "idiot" element ruining it for everyone else.

As my experience of travelling with West Midlands Railway every weekday confirms, you can have a timetable but humans will soon mess it up!

• Like Like x 5
  32. What would happen in a multiplayer server if a player just decided to up and leave the session? The dispatcher is fragile enough as it is! If a train was just abandoned somewhere or de spawned it would put the dispatcher into meltdown. Or would there be a dispatcher role within the server?

• Like Like x 2
  33. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

But you wouldn't really play together, as the dispatcher is controlling everything. You might as well play singleplayer and get the same experience.

But hey, that's just me. I'll leave it up to DTG to find a good way to implement multiplayer. There does seem to be a demand for it.

• Like Like x 2
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG did advertise for the role of an engineer a while back specifically to implement multiplayer so it is safe to say it is or at least was in development. How far it has got is impossible to say without a leak or an announcement. Multiplayer is how games work these days and has been a desire of DTG from the outset of TSW so this particular train simulator won’t just stay a single player entity for the antisocial hermits like me forever.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

May have been for one of the fishing titles perhaps.

36. redrev1917

Or their new Board Game franchise - multiplayer would be virtually mandatory for a game of monopoly for example.

• Like Like x 2
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I can’t actually remember what the wording of the ad was but I seem to remember it was either across all titles or specifically for trains. I saw it myself as confirmation they were working on MP for TSW when I read it.

I see the fishing games as just a place to test tech for the train games anyway. They can’t be very popular themselves as the fishing section of the forums is as dead as can be.

38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I tried multiplayer in Run 8 and wasn’t impressed. Essentially it seemed to serve as a kind of chat room while driving a train. When I returned later, some kind bod had deleted my train from the world, despite my having moved it out the way. Not even a case of relay where someone else had taken it over and driven it a bit further down the line.

Maybe something like a virtual airline idea would work and could be integrated in TSW3, where you take a job and have to finish it (including the ability to save and return later), with subsequent achievements and rankings within the group available to see.

• Like Like x 3
  39. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

he said the forums not steam statistics.
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
  41. OldVern

Re DTG Fishing... You know I did almost buy one of those in the Steam sale, but couldn't quite bring myself to. There's multiple versions so which one do you buy. Most have negative reviews. And what is different compared to the fishing mini games in iPad titles like Hay Day?

• Like Like x 2
  42. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Ironically as dead as the fish they are trying to catch in game..

• Like Like x 3
  43. matinakbary

Funny how the discussion went from sparks and lighting in TSW2/3 to dead fish. Can we come back to the topic? :D

• Like Like x 2
  44. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Hasn't really gone off topic, it's utilising other areas of this company where they may be looking to use UE5. Never heard of you before and you aren't a moderator :)

What would you like to discuss?

• Like Like x 2
  45. matinakbary

That's why I suggested to come back to the topic. I won't (and can't) force you :)

Edit: Also, I didn't realize the topic was that the fishing games can be used to test UE5. My bad :)

• Like Like x 1
  46. OldVern

Hear hear.
    I reckon DTG should throw in a half price copy of Bassmaster with every TSW sold. Or a 12 month subscription to Aldi Cod in Batter, which is actually quite nice!

• Like Like x 1
  47. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I don’t see what the point would be in upgrading fishing sim to UE5 . It would be a lot of time spent on a game that (in my opinion , others may think differently ) shouldn’t be a high up on dtg’s priority list

• Like Like x 2
  48. redrev1917

It would give the team more knowledge and experience on UE5 for when the time is right to port TSW5 or what ever over to it.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Except from past experience we can't assume all DLC's gonna make it, we lost three from the transition for TSW to TSW2. I could easily see DTG coming across some sort of roadblock with another two or three older DLCs and dropping those routes as well. It's nice to try and hope for the best all the time, but when you're talking about a company who's know for dropping the ball all the time assuming the best often makes it hurt like hell when the worst inevitably happens. And that's why it's actually ok to worry about this stuff a bit, it hurts less when it's true, and it makes it a bit sweeter when something does turn out to be wrong.

I consider TSW2's 500 something average player count kind of low, but I at least can see how that translates into a healthy enough player base. I'm honestly baffled how something like Bassmaster's making them money, I can only assume that they've got a extremely generous deal going on with them.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure multiplayer topped the survey of features players would want, so DTG has certainly looked into it. The tricky part would be figuring out what the second would do on the various train types, and especially how to make that fun enough to be a selling point and used consistently. I like going out and manually throwing switches the first time or two but then am happy to use the map. It might be neat to have or be a live steam loco fireman, but would the fireman think so for long?